It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exponential Increase in UFO Sightings and Events in the Past Months - What Is Actually Going On?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
NUFORC's List of UFO Sightings by Month Since It's Beginning

WOW! According to that NUFORC list of every sighting submitted to NUFORC since its inception, July of 2010 had 765 sightings making it the most active year in NUFORC's history. That is incredible.

I actively monitor MUFON's sightings and there has definitely been an increase in the past months as well.

When it comes to videos of supposed UFOs, there has been an increase in the amount, the quality, and the creativity of them. We have had sightings and incidents in the past months that will go down in history. Phoenix lights, Norway Spiral, UFOs shutting down Chinese airports, mass conferences hinting at disclosure, etc. These things are happening more and more frequently, and they are bigger. Youtube has exploded with UFO videos. The news now covers the topic frequently.

But is this an actual increase in sightings or is it just an increase in the access to technology and the ability to film and to have exposure to these things? Is it just more dumb people posting blurred bugs and helicopters and long exposed lights as their UFO pictures? Perhaps more people have become aware of NUFORC and are submitting sightings and it just looks like an increase in sightings.

I don't know what to think really. And I have seen UFO's. Oddly enough, I saw them in June. It was a weird incident, two days long, observed by myself, a man and his family, and another in Richmond. But these sightings are on MUFON. I thought I was crazy until other people started posting their sightings that happened that day and they all happened in order of time and distance. The Richmond sighting first, my sighting second, and the Leesburg sighting later that day. I'm just glad I wasn't the only one.

I searched MUFON's online records and it turns out that our three reports were the most that have happened in one day in Virginia since the beginning of MUFON. And now knowing that NUFORC has had it busiest month around there makes me feel better too haha.

But I really think something is happening here and I think it's a little more than easier access to technology but uninformed people, but not necessarily aliens. What do you all think is really happening?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think that there has definitely been more people reporting UFOs. That is, more people being aware of them and filming them. With more people interested in the subject it also means more people filming things like helicopters and planes. I definitely agree that there have been more major UFO events and definitely a lot more news coverage on the issue. Seeing as more light is being shed on the subject to the public I think we are going to be seeing a lot more people filming them.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
i certainly have a idea over this a lot of the flight patterns look very similar to each other the ones over el pso texas and new york the ones over delaware i think we will be seeing this pheomena much more frequently and with the sun doing its thing and things going on down here. perhaps they are just observing us for now but i believe it is all connected

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think its a bit of both - there are more sightings, but most of those are perfectly explanable things like chinese lanterns, helicopters and planes. There was even a video posted on here that proved to be cars driving down a hill.

With the increase in public interest in UFOs there seem to be more people jumping to conclusions that something is a UFO/alien craft (I know there is a distinction between the two). A classic was here in NZ in january when I watched some lanterns sail by - quite obvious from their colour, movement, size etc and then I saw several reports of them on a local UFO website.

It's a shame because I do think there are genuine sightings, but lights in the sky no longer interest me - most videos I have seen on here lately are helicopters or lanterns. Now, a good daytime sighting showing an actual craft - that would get my blood racing.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

It doesn't feel like any more than usual to me. In any case, said reports have little to do with indicating how many are alien craft (if at all) and how many are misidentification's.

Every time we get a flap, threads like this occur. What's going on? Where is this heading? ..and so forth. What has always happened in the past is that the flap ends and it's business as usual. Flaps end because you can only maintain the general publics interest for so long.. the novelty (and hysteria) wears off, and all those unreliable observers aren't looking in the sky any more mistaking prosaic objects & hoaxes for aliens, and artificially inflating the figures you refer to above.

The science behind flaps is simple and easily explained.

IRM

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
There has go to be definite uptick in global wide sightings, as well as mass sightings.
The amount of video is staggering even with the ,many hoaxes.
The MSM has come to realise the cash potential in ufo material.Which seems to have overpowered, at least temporarily, their loyalties to the agencies involved in the cover up.

The heralds of discosure bleat ever more stridently It here its just around the corner its just....well. lets face it nobody is getting squat without a fight.
Its up to ET to do the work....all they have to do is show themselves enough times to enough people.....
But i think that would be the last straw for the people, and they would turn on the govt with a vengeance.......

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It stands to reason if you think about it.
Mainstream has a huge hand in this increase because hardly a week goes by without some sort of show or news report surrounding UFOs. And the majority of people, watch television.

So......people are reacting, right on cue.

There's so much anticipation that many are so looking forward to exhale and say "See? I knew it!"
It's amazing how far people have gotten, in just the past 10 years, into accepting this phenomena. So suffice it to say, somethings up so, keep looking up!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think it is simply that there are more "lights in the sky" and it would seem that every "light in the sky" these days, are not simply lights in the sky but rather ET "uncloaking" themselves as part of some huge disclosure process. Before, when people saw a light in the sky, they would more or less consider it to be a light in the sky and nothing more.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Simple answer:

More amateurs are looking at the sky and they don't understand what they are looking at. This causes the increase in UFO sightings.

Still to this day there is no convincing evidence that any of these sightings are extraterrestrial.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Duplicate thread.

Please post comments here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.
edit on 2010/10/27 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

top topics

join