It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden Coronal Hole, 26 October 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
As we move closer towards 2012, we can expect the Sun to make some amazing changes. From this video, and others, there appears to be something starting to take place that is very unusual in Nature. These correlations with the Sun to EQs, and Earth changes are apparent as well. It seems the Sun is fixing to enter the new cycle, and what a cycle it appears its going to be.

For current data, see the following site - sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
And today is day number 87, for those keeping up with it.

Any thoughts.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well , we ARE nearing the end of the world
. vaporization is just around the corner

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Whoa, I thought "2012" was pretty much settled by now, no? I respect that it may not be for some people, though I just wonder if you already have a later date planned on the off chance that 2012 doesn't pan out? If so, what date would that be? We might as well get it out of the way now.

I believe it now turns out that 2012 won't be that much of a spectacular solar year after all. It appears as if 2012 had some great expectations, that are all turning out to be duds.

On another note, cool video! The sun in all of its amazingness, always fascinates me.

--airspoon
edit on 26-10-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Actually, the Sun began cycle 24 a while ago. The cycle which is forecast to peak in mid 2013 at a lower than average level of intensity.

edit on 10/26/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

You very well may be correct Mr spoon.
The mystery and suspense of 2012 will remain a Hmmm

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow, where's Hoagland?!

...Looks like 19.5 deg south to me!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I suppose my intentions are not well stated with this thread. Or the wrong category. But since the suns activities are directly intertwined with the current time frame, I thought this would be appropriate. They need a section "sun watch" or something.

Regardless, the effects of this hole will arrive in 7 days, and any CME out of it will arrive in 7 minutes. So the question attached to the thread is inappropriate. It is more like a notification of what is going on with the sun at this point in time.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

Coronal holes do not produce CMEs, they produce a fast solar wind. But judging by the position of the one in the video it won't have any effect on Earth.

BTW, there already is a solar activity watch thread here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, they do not emanate from Coronal holes, but have been observed interacting with them, and there is theoretical speculation that they might be spawned by them, much like feeder bands within a hurricane spawn tornadoes.

Thanks for the direction to the appropriate thread for the sun watch..

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

# it....I'm going to eat all the chocolate cookies I see from on. No more holding back.
It's nice to see the sun picking up again though. It's been quiet for so long.
edit on 26-10-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Yeah, I have been eyeing the cookie dough in the fridge here lately. Raw of course...

new topics

top topics

join