It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objects often mistaken for UFO's..Educate yourself!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunshineLaws
Great thread Ziggy! Here are a couple I would like to add to your compilation:

Sometimes a cloud, is only a cloud:

You too can create your own mysterious smoke ring in the sky! Here's how:

you shouldn't have posted these videos sunshine. these are worth a month of debate here...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
My apologies to Ziggy, in advance, if I have blundered into opening a can of *ahem* squirms? The smoke ring clip clearly shows how these are made for large gatherings. They are especially awesome when created on a cloudy day.

Weird cloud pictures are another favorite of mine. So, I don't really understand how something as innocuous as clouds and smoke could be a problem. I'll just apologize and back slowly away...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Great thread. Might help save people a lot of time and aggrevation from arguing about bogus UFO sightings in future.
edit on 27-10-2010 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Please also bear in mind that too many people pluck footage from youtube and post it here for analysis. There is no background information or witness to talk to. Yet when a member posts something they have taken themselves ( where there can be full discussion ) it sometimes fails to arouse interest beacuse there is a great hunger for the sensational at the moment . Hence the enormous popularity of the time traveller with mobile phone thread and the chinese village thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

haha! no worries! If anyone wants to argue about clouds being UFOs more power to 'em! I've heard people argue about these type of clouds being labeled as 'cloaked UFOs', which is definitely not the case. Thank you for adding these videos to the thread!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I know that Ziggy has already posted examples of Chinese Lanterns. But I cannot resist posting one of the most beautiful displays of these lanterns I have ever seen. Every year in Thailand, they send hundreds of these skyward to say thank you for the end of the rainy season. Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I would add sunlit contrails to the list. A lot of strange looking things can result when sun is setting and light reflects off contrails, clouds etc.

www.youtube.com...=106

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-6-2011 by youallcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Will definitely keep all of this in mind.. in fact I'm generally skeptical of any light far away that I can't make out even minor details with my own two eyes. I had a sighting once and it was a metal disc spinning just above treeline.. approximately 100 yards away. Unmistakable, flying disc that made no noise apart from a sub level hum.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join