It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Masterson - Harmless Fun or Something More Sinister?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I've come across the following-

www.youtube.com...

It's more than likely this is meant to be some form of satire. However, some people can take things too far, as - apparently - there were even calls for female genocide. Mr. Masterson, or whoever he is, wanted to shut the site down because of exponential Nazi-like content generated by people who couldn't grasp the concept of comedy, but ultimately he decided to give everyone one more chance and the site is still there -

www.menarebetterthanwomen.com

What do you think about this? A joke? A money-making machine? Perhaps something more sinister disguised as harmless fun?

Please do not turn this thread into that cliche 'battle of the sexes' version. Let us focus on this guy - and others like him. What drives them - and why?

PS. This guy is popular anyway, so I seriously doubt this thread is going to alter the status quo.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaevictis
Hello everyone,

I've come across the following-

www.youtube.com...

It's more than likely this is meant to be some form of satire. However, some people can take things too far, as - apparently - there were even calls for female genocide. Mr. Masterson, or whoever he is, wanted to shut the site down because of exponential Nazi-like content generated by people who couldn't grasp the concept of comedy, but ultimately he decided to give everyone one more chance and the site is still there -

www.menarebetterthanwomen.com

What do you think about this? A joke? A money-making machine? Perhaps something more sinister disguised as harmless fun?

Please do not turn this thread into that cliche 'battle of the sexes' version. Let us focus on this guy - and others like him. What drives them - and why?

PS. This guy is popular anyway, so I seriously doubt this thread is going to alter the status quo.

Cheers!

Well, in some ways he is right.. in other ways he isn't. But by the same token, if you want to point fingers and say some group is inadequate, there are always stereotypes to draw on, to make such claims.

And I do think estrogen drives women to seek security because we have to raise the kids.. testosterone drives men to seek sex, because they can't know for sure that any child is really theirs so best to spread it around a bit, just to make sure, so there is some basis for saying women only want money, but by the same token, he should say that men only want sex.

Either sex can be just as shallow and emotionally incompetent, just in different ways. So what it all comes down to is humans have aspects that are kinda sucky. So what. Be one of them or do emotional healing/growth work and don't be. It is all personal choice. Always.

And clearly he had some seriously dsyfunctional parents who modeled some very bad behavior for him as he was growing up!

edit on 26-10-2010 by DragonriderGal because: clarity

new topics

join