It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is great, No more troops in Iraq, except for these new deployements of course

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It's funny that years from now Obama may very well be known for ending the Iraq War when that is so far from the truth.

Actually he is expanding the war into the entire middle east.

He attacked Yemen, Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan, and i'm sure Iran is next and maybe occupation in Southern Sudan or between northern and southern Sudan.

I still remember how the news reported it when Obama announced pulling out troops, it was shameful.
And I didn't even mention private contractors, or shall I say mercenaries.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Let me see, how did someone put it?

Here we go-Now that the Democrats are in power, "War is Good".

Hey, pre-emptive war, 700+ military bases in 130+ countries is good for peace.

Oh well, I am sure there is something in the Constitution that allows that......................hmmm, not so much.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the truth does not carry much weight around these parts as of late. Its gotta have something to do the new Facebook connection and fancy layout.

People just cover their ears and hmmm their worries away. Obama is just swell. Hey if you say that enough times it might just become true.

Anyway, nice catch. I'd like to see how the defenders can fend off this.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
War is the health of the State.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I wonder if they are going to be in Iraq very long. Seems a good spot for a nice deployment for yet another move. Iran

or with this all being so much called for as being a Oil war. We did forget to bring the Oil back you know. We could just be there for that. And yet they can`t run their own country so maybe we are just giving them some more boost in the right direction. Or maybe they finally brought out the hidden Chemical weapons and we are going in to recover those.

It`s all for Peace. Got to love Peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Obama did not say he would end all American combat efforts abroad aside from Iraq. In the case of the Iraq war these are explosive experts sent to clear out any threats to the remaining soldiers in Iraq. They are not reinforcements to escalate the war there, and considering it is still 2010, all troops will be withdrawn by the end of 2011, I think you are once again jumping the gun.

Here is Obama's promise during the primaries that he would actually escalate US foreign involvement over the war against terrorism:

He never made the promise that he would end all US involvement on the war on terrorism. This is an assumption on the side of many especially on the rightwing. Had you or many others listened you would not be repeating such false accusations. True, the Iraq war has served as a distraction and I would like nothing more than to have it end already, completely, but the fact of the matter is that the war is set to end completely by the end of 2011, until then it is still active one way or another. It has nothing to do with Obama breaking any promise over it
edit on 26-10-2010 by Southern Guardian because: fixed

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I like how people make false claim (Obama said he would end all wars), and then proceed to attack as if the claim were accurate.

the guy CAMPAIGNED on increasing the war in the middle east.

He CAMPAIGNED on sending more trips to afghanistan and made REPEATED reference to Af-Pak as a place of conflict.

Kucinich is the one who talked about ending all the wards, not obama. He merely said he would begin removing combat troops from iraq, which he did.

Why not just claim he promised to give everyone double rainbows accross the sky?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
o haha disinfo agent!
the biggest promise by obama was that he would send the troops back and end the war
and he didnt he sended even more!
and now hes sending more!
HE BROKE THE PROMISE
your president is the worst president in the world get over it! deal with it!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
o haha disinfo agent!
the biggest promise by obama was that he would send the troops back and end the war
and he didnt he sended even more!
and now hes sending more!
HE BROKE THE PROMISE
your president is the worst president in the world get over it! deal with it!

you appear to be addressing someone in specific, but i am having difficulty discerning who/m.

can you clarify?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

It's funny that years from now Obama may very well be known for ending the Iraq War when that is so far from the truth.

Actually he is expanding the war into the entire middle east.

He attacked Yemen, Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan, and i'm sure Iran is next and maybe occupation in Southern Sudan or between northern and southern Sudan.

I still remember how the news reported it when Obama announced pulling out troops, it was shameful.
And I didn't even mention private contractors, or shall I say mercenaries.

It's true it is expanding. Don't forget to throw Somalia in there. Right now the African Union troops (mainly Ugandan) there are just our proxy.. Dyncorp International is there supporting them. They are in the Sudan as well. As far as Iran goes, all i see in the future is alot of saber rattling, rhetoric and behind the scenes political games.

I'm in Iraq right now. There's some downsizing going on, but we'll still be here come Jan 1st 2012. Heck, the company i work for is still hiring and still opening sites here. But hey, it's a job, it pays the bills, keeps the ex off my back. I'm one of those "mercenaries", just that my "weapon" is a keyboard and a satellite dish.

For all those complaining about being out of work and want some serious adventure, hundreds of companies are hiring in Afghanistan. Living conditions are crappy with the surge going on, mainly living in 30 man tents. And alot of companies are doing 6 month, vice 1 yr contracts because it's hard to keep people. Some offer $90K or more for a 6 month contract.

Money ain't everything, except when you don't have any and have financial obligations to uphold.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Nobody remembers Nixon?.. he was going to end the Vietnam war.. idiot party sheep believed & defended him.. Nixon expanded it into Cambodia and increased B-52 strikes... setting the US up for the inevitable loss.

These 2 party DC mafia clowns finger bang their party lackey voters like dumb cheap whores... generation after generation, war after war... lmao.. bushbama/nixion are all the same, the say whatever it takes to fool the fools.. then do what they were going to do from the start.

Hey mercenary guy, be the 1st on your block to help kill an Afghan child for Uncle Sam.. you'll be a hero to freedom. Hopefully you can buy soap strong enough to wash the blood from your soul.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I don't agree with you on much, but you're absolutely right on this one. Obama never said he'd end the war on terror, but that he'd shift the focus from Iraq to Afghanistan and Pakistan. The belief that he would end the war entirely is a myth and interestingly, its one that's been promoted at different times by both the left and the right, although never by Obama himself or his inner circle of supporters and advisors.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
War is the health of the State.

I think you forgot a line

War is the health of the state
and death to it's people

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

What a stupid thing to say.....................
Enjoy your comfort at home while doing nothing, you further the action as well.

top topics

join