It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Prophecies' of a (Necessarily) Silent Messiah

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sectumsempra
reply to post by IAMIAM

I will have to check that link out then! If you're ever in Sacramento, California we should hang out. I have a great idea of getting people of various beliefs to learn to coexist.

Now that is a noble idea I can get behind. I have been exploring similar groups popping up here and there. The one the seems to be most organised and has some powerful video presentations is Awakening as One. While I do not endorse any as I am still ensuring no one is looking to make a profit and that their motives truly are pure, Awakening as One seems the most promising.

If you need help in your endeavors, I will lend a hand where I can. I am on the East Coast though, so I may not be able to offer much. Of course, we have the internet and it is a powerful tool for such an endeavor. I have set up and ran message boards before and I know how to make them a success.

The key is reaching out and extending a true hand of Brotherly love and friendship to all faiths. Never let a man be your enemy, always count him or her as a friend. Judge none, love them all.

My friend, if you embark on this journey I promise you you will be amazed at what you find. Mankind in all its infinite variety is the most beautiful creation of God. We have forgotten this and judged each other too cruelly.

It has been a pleasure meeting you my friend, and I hope to learn more about you as we travel together.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
May the Messiah not return or not need to return, for to return, it would be the final act for mankind.

The first time he came, many of the jews did not accept him, for they believed that as the OP had said, he did not performed to a script.

Unfortunately, prophecies are only a direct persumption taken from a past event that remains unchanged. As we this present generation knows, changes are the only constant in life, what more the spiritual?

Given free will, mankind had evolved and changed far beyond any prophet can prophecise, because of human capacity to change and evolve. Thus the future is never a script, nor would any true prophet dare claim that his interpretations of the future is the right one.

The stiff necked leaders of the jewish people whom were the rabbis, sadly had misinterpretated the words of the prophets, and believed that change is not possible, even despite if majority of the jewish people had adhered to the commandments.

Being incapable of accepting change, these senile old men doomed the jewish people by turning them into mindless robots, simply to follow programming, of which had not been the reason for our creation, disregarding the truth and reality of a world changing around them.

With our gifted free will, some men fell to the darkside, while others walked in the light. The Messiah came at a time of many whom had fallen onto the darkside, of Roman worldwide domination and power, to help those in the light to stay in the light, and to change more of those on the darksides to be free.

It had been our Creator's will, and not the Messiah's, when the time for him to go came. The divine message had been sent and taught. It will be up to mankind's free will to interpretate and go back onto the path. In time, many of those in the light lited the path, for our Creator's message created a mass movement in religion that lasted till today. And so had another in Persia through another different messenger.

But, as often, we mortals are flawed and allowed the darkside to seize power and control as they often do, resulted eventually in hurt and harm of fellow humanity. However still, there are those in the light that refused to take part in such conflicts and instead spread our Creator's message to every corner of the Earth, using the darkside beasts just as the darkside had made use of the light to realize their own ambitions.

Today, the world hangs in balance, with more waking up and walking on the light, than those that hide in the shadows. The power to effect change against the dark forces is within our hands, hearts and minds, with our gifted free will, something that is what our Creator wanted from us, to fulfill our destiny.

Should we fail to act, to demand accountability and responsibility by those holding power, then we would have failed to use our free will wisely, had not followed the teachings paid in blood by an innocent being in mortal form, a dissappointment to our Creator for creating us.

And in that disappointment, the way an artist would crumble up and tear up his creations for it is not worthy, the final act for mankind will come to pass, as prophecised, not exactly in the manner as envisioned, but along those lines, so that our kind will not contaminate the Universe of several billions years old....

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

It is indeed the case that not one religion or society represents Jesus.

The Light (possibly Jesus) won't return (he is likely already on Earth but held captive by the very people who invented these religions, but he will soon escape, which has something to do with Ascension) if he is not in a position to assert the fact that all religions and single-sex societies were invented by anti-heterosexuals (brotherhood and sisterhoods (homosexuals) of various names), and able to get rid of them, single-handed.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Trafalgar1805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
May the Messiah not return or not need to return, for to return, it would be the final act for mankind.

My friend, a messiah will return and must return. The purpose of a messiah in this next age is to unite all mankind, to open our eyes to our familial relationships, to show us that the world we have is the world we created, and we can do much better. You mention a dark side as if Man is faulted to do evil things. Having walked in life with men and women whom others had written off as falling to the dark side, I can assure you that from my own observations, every man and woman does the best they can with what they have been given. Our problems do not lie in a battle of good over evil. There is one creator who created everything and that creator is good. Evil is a creation of man. Evil is what a person does that another person disagrees with.

Do we take the time to find out why our Brothers and Sisters do what we perceive as evil? We might take a brief look, a cursory investigation, but WE do not care enough to get to the root of their behaviors. We do not LOVE them enough to count them as family. We toss them in jail or sedate their mind and say "Off with you!". If there was evil in this world this would be it. There is no evil though my friend.

There is only the spirits drive to survive at all costs. Every person is born with this drive, to survive and experience this life. It pushes us forward in our lives it makes us do what ever is in our power to live. If our innate faculties and birth station has left us little to survive with, and if our Brothers and Sisters have written us off as unworthy of their help, then of course we will steal, murder, rape, do what ever we have to to survive and let the world know they are being UNJUST! We speak for God. Everyone of us. Every time a child is left to starve in the street, a thief is born. It is a gift from God to wake up and care for one another. Every time a child is molested, a molestor is born. Another Gift from God to tell us that we are not healing each other. Every time a murderer is executed because we did not take the time to understand what drove him to his madness, another is born. Once again a gift from God to show us that VIOLENCE only begets more VIOLENCE.

Yes, a messiah will come. As for me, I will wait no longer. I will do what I can to get things going until the messiah arrives.

It is not the end of Man. It is a new beginning.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 21-1-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Does anyone else find it strange that all of the Jewish Prophecies of the arrival of the messiah, and all of the Christian Prophecies of the return of Jesus ‘on a white horse out of the sky’, are Prophecies of a messiah who is, for all practical purposes, absolutely silent; a messiah who, for all practical purposes, has never had an original idea in his entire life?

Even if he is silent it does not mean he has never had an original idea in his entire life. It just doesn't follow.

edit on 21-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by Michael Cecil

That's what you Say. Keep in mind: a system can't diagnose itself. Your truth may seem a fact to you, while it doesn't have to be the truth. And still, we're human, not God. There us more than meets the eye and some things can't be known completely.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
My friend, a messiah will return and must return. The purpose of a messiah in this next age is to unite all mankind, to open our eyes to our familial relationships, to show us that the world we have is the world we created, and we can do much better.

Your purpose or our Creator's purpose?

Sadly, the teachings had all been passed down. We humanity had been given 2000 years to learn, to get it right, do what is necessary, to evolve and fulfill our destiny.

The Messiah had came, and shown the light. Yet many refuse to walk in the light. Thus even if he were to return, many will not do so, but instead will do what they had done before. Our Creator knows all this. He had sacrificed His Son once, for He loved us all, and hope that we will learn.

But many did not then. Still, our Creator's patience and compassion was boundless. He gave us time. 2000 years. To learn simple truths, nothing complex, and yet many failed, disappointed Him and unworthy of His love for us all. Just look at the condition of the world and its management today, and you will comprehend the depth of that disapppointment, for in His likeness were we humans created.

We are today far more educated and connected than our ancestors were during the time of the Messiah first comming. Ask yourself today, silently comtemplate in your heart, rationally and logically - had we as a race done well or had we been far too apathetic and self centred?

You and I, equally flawed mortals jolly well know the true answer, and know that no matter how many times messengers were to be sent and sacrificed, we may not change that flaw. A design defect perhaps from achieving human 2.0?

Make no mistake, the 2nd comming of the Messiah will NOT be the same as the first. We, this generation, in our hearts that effects our own daily actions and reactions, had our chance.....some may be saved, but many may not....

But there's still time, and times a' changing. Our Creator's love and compassion for us is still there within our hearts. With more awakened, we mankind may still be able to avert the inevitable and evolve into 2.0. collectively as one race, if we do what is necessary - hurt and harm no more, share what we have, seek for the truth always, so that none gets left behind.....

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Your purpose or our Creator's purpose?

The creators purpose

But there's still time, and times a' changing. Our Creator's love and compassion for us is still there within our hearts. With more awakened, we mankind may still be able to avert the inevitable and evolve into 2.0. collectively as one race, if we do what is necessary - hurt and harm no more, share what we have, seek for the truth always, so that none gets left behind.....

And the creators purpose could not be better said than this.

Thank you for an excellent reply my friend. That is it. We have been shown the way and it's time to follow it. We have made this hell we are experiencing. We have robbed from each other and judged one another into madness.

There is one thing I disagree with my friend. I do not see a flaw in Man. I marvel at his perfection Man, the being is perfect! Each man and woman is absolutely built perfect to represent God's will and love for infinite variety. We judge and that is a behavior we have adopted. We are afraid to love, and that is why we do the things we do. Each and every one of us carries a cross, a burden of pain from our lives. The greater the pain, the greater the burden and the greater the lashing out at one another. We do not heal one another, we condemn one another for the burdens we carry. We do not love, we judge.

I do not judge. I love you all. This is how we heal the world. Find out what pains each and everyone of us, and work to heal it.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 21-1-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster
A Prophesy...

The following statement I make, I do not make lightly or with any type of jest; it is as serious as any imagined "beast."

The "beast" in Revelations, I think, is the "Concurrently Converging Technologies,"

I'm not arguing against any of your statement; it was very insightful and an accurate way to look at things, surely.
Of course, there are 360 degrees in a circle and therefore just as many views when standing on the mount...

Here's another idea, not meant to replace but rather to add to:

Ecclesiastes 3:17-22
(17) I said in my heart, God will be judge of the good and of the bad; because a time for every purpose and for every work has been fixed by him.
(18) I said in my heart, It is because of the sons of men, so that God may put them to the test and that they may see themselves as beasts.
(19) Because the fate of the sons of men and the fate of the beasts is the same. As is the death of one so is the death of the other, and all have one spirit. Man is not higher than the beasts; because all is to no purpose.
(20) All go to one place, all are of the dust, and all will be turned to dust again.
(21) Who is certain that the spirit of the sons of men goes up to heaven, or that the spirit of the beasts goes down to the earth?
(22) So I saw that there is nothing better than for a man to have joy in his work--because that is his reward. Who will make him see what will come after him?

A beast is an organic life form. Simply put...
And what defines organic life? Being carbon-based. What is the chemical structure of the carbon atom?
6 protons, 6 neutrons, and 6 electrons; therefore carbon's atomic number is 6.

Imagine, if Jesus were to step-foot back-on Earth these days, would innovative technology and communication or social-media replace "Hell-Fire and Brimstone?" One could wonder, or not.

Social media and networking is my estimate.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

There is one thing I disagree with my friend. I do not see a flaw in Man. I marvel at his perfection Man, the being is perfect! Each man and woman is absolutely built perfect to represent God's will and love for infinite variety. We judge and that is a behavior we have adopted. We are afraid to love, and that is why we do the things we do. Each and every one of us carries a cross, a burden of pain from our lives. The greater the pain, the greater the burden and the greater the lashing out at one another. We do not heal one another, we condemn one another for the burdens we carry. We do not love, we judge.

I do not judge. I love you all. This is how we heal the world. Find out what pains each and everyone of us, and work to heal it.

No doubt! That is truth, undeniable.
Fear is the opposite of love...hate is just the absence.
I, too, marvel at the human creation! Beauty and infinite variety and talent and perseverance.
To judge is to divide...but to forgo judgment of both self AND others...to choose love...is to unite!!!

There are more than one people with their version of a "messiah". You are limiting your scope to one people, one nation, one tribe. The messiah will redeem all Mankind, he will heal the divisions between us, and he will restore the law of the prophets (all of them).

Exactly. Every major religion has someone they are waiting for. This is just one someone, in truth. The universal soul that will remind us all of the truth...we are all brothers and sisters; children of GOD our parents, every single last one of us. None better, none worse...all made in the likeness of the image of our Creator parents, spirit and matter, Father and Mother, Truth and Love.

All vital and irreplaceable members of the one family of Earth...without exception. Everyone has something special and uniquely their own, to offer the mutual prosperity of the coming age and order. No need will be neglected and no talent scorned. What a beautiful and efficient society we have to look forward to!

And finally, at long last, it's not that far ahead! Visible in the approaching distance, like a star on the horizon and a new day shedding light on the pathway.

He will not be Jesus, for that is but a name, but it will be Christ's doctrines for it is Christ's simple truths that are the root of the various faiths among the tribes of Man. Of course, many will not even recognise these truths for they have been buried in the various cultural trappings found in the various tribes of Man around the world, but with a little honesty and the truth will shine forth.

In DEED. A light on a hill cannot be hid. Especially in the darkest hours that come before the dawn of the day-star which already shines in many hearts, such as yours.

Time is short. We will both see soon enough.

Yes! Very soon! Sooner than you might think but I see that you are ready.

Your posts are beautiful and free and full of love and peace.
Thank you for that.
I have enjoyed reading you this morning!

May the GOD of love and truth bless us all!
edit on 1/23/2011 by queenannie38 because: changed "everything" to "everyone" extra DIV

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

This is an interesting thread. It's normal to see Christians presenting Jesus as a character who was promised in the Christian OT. Being Jewish the Messiah concept is much different and I have to admit I don't know where Christians get their information on the concepts in the text.
Messiah (Chabad Study)

And it should be a different concept, because it is. The Messiah ben Joseph suffered. The Messiah ben David will lead by the example of love...and everyone will then see just how good GOD really is.

No one was misled...we follow who GOD sets us to follow, and in the Christian NT, Jesus himself says, "Salvation is of the Jews."
Salvation isn't sacrifice...it is peace and freedom and egalitarianism and Torah.
The very first order to love our neighbors as ourselves came through Moses, not Jesus.
Jesus repeated it but it wasn't anything new.

For the gentiles, Jesus was the one promised. But for the Jews, the promise remains unfulfilled but not forever...no one is ever forsaken by the one GOD of all the Earth. And when the seed of King David is revealed, the Jews will be justified and redeemed and the whole world will confess, of their own free will, in the face of the overwhelming empirical evidence of GOD's love and perfection, that GOD is real.
Is real = Israel.

Isaiah 49:6
And he said, It is a light thing that thou should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou may be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

So far, the tribes of Jacob have not been "raised up." This was not done in Jesus' day nor has it been yet done. So many still see the tribes of Jacob (mostly mainstream Christianity) as being scorned or worse yet, cast aside. But that is not what scripture says. The tribes of Jacob held fast to their instruction and were tested and did not fail! Their patience is pure and beautiful and unfailing. They know what to expect and so they are expecting it. That is faith and admirable beyond measure; in my eyes, anyway.

Of course! But the Messiah will be someone in the future. Because the Messiah has not been born as of yet. We also have to wait for Elijah. I'm not looking for a savior I'm looking for a leader the promised one.

Are you absolutely sure? I thought that one who could be Messiah was born in every generation, so that always the promised one of GOD would be ready when GOD sends the word to Elijah...which would mean, I guess, that Elijah is born into every generation, as well.

The bloodline of David carries on in living souls to this very day. I am sure that the promised one is just beyond the visible horizon...how much worse could the world get? How much more could your people be yearning for Messiah's arrival? Surely the time is upon us!

In the NT, it says the following:

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

It doesn't say "Jesus" or the Messiah...simply GOD. Those that love GOD are called, by GOD, to GOD's purpose: Salvation of the world...both the people and their home.

Well I'm still sticking to my views on the Messiah concept the same with you. I just cannot wait for the promised one. I can even taste it!

That's awesome! I feel ya, too, really I do.

How wonderful it is to desire the change that will come upon us all when Messiah is revealed...arrives...whatever. I've read so many similar sentiments, more and more just here lately. Surely that is a sign, too, no? A good sign!

I've enjoyed reading your posts, too!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts candidly and with love and respect.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It is all well and good to talk about love, BUT it more critical that we adopt such measures and proposals in the REAL WORLD, not just meaninglessly here.

It is that which lays in our heart that we perform our daily actions and not the perceptions of conformity which are only 'forms' or lip service we often do to one another, as is our mortal flaw.

There will be the cynical few whom had been taken advantage of, being fooled by beasts, and thus view love cynically, if not in disdian.

But one thing about love is that it must be freely given away. IF what is freely given away, then there should be no expectations of return. IF one expects return, then it is not love one that have given away, but OBLIGATIONS to be owed.

Thus, to love or not to love? All I know is that if you give love freely away with no expectations, and only want to set the person free, it will be return in kind.

If not, then it is just not meant to be, and you should be honoured that you had been in a position to give that evolved and elevated higher consciousness called love for another, to share with another, and had set another free. In time, he/she will know what true love is, unless he/she is inhuman and a beast. And you would have lost nothing, for you gave freely, and in as an indirect return. achieve a priceless new understanding of another.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
You say if he came back,it wouldnt affect civilization,when infact it does state, He will come back riding a white horse and killing people with sword.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by miracleretiree

Slicing at deception with a double edged sword...with words of truth.

It's not violent.
Symbolic.
Magic.

Behold a White Horse

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by miracleretiree
You say if he came back,it wouldnt affect civilization,when infact it does state, He will come back riding a white horse and killing people with sword.

'Killing the people' are your words, and is very blunt, but a truth nevertheless.

But WHO are those to be killed?

Those who murdered our own fellow brothers and sisters - are they worth saving?
Those who corrupted others for their own gain - are they worth saving?
Those who cheated, harm and hurt intentionally and continously for their own gain - are they worth saving?
Those who discriminated and denied our fellow brothers and sisters of their human rights - are they worth saving?
Those who misled others, using our differences to divide us further, for their own gains - are they worth saving?
Those who use laws and brutal force upon us, made us hungry while they grow fat - are the worth saving?
Those who turn our own children and next generations against our Creator - are they worth saving?

I can go on with this list, of which you and I at some point would have done the same and equally flawed. I cannot judge those people, for I am not perfect to cast the first stone. But our Creator does, and having given us free will, His love and compassion for us all is boundless as is His patience, for us all to change.

Time and time again, He had sent messengers to help guide us through our history of civilisation, across geological and cultural barriers, in the loving hope that we may change and turn into His direction to fulfill our destiny.

But there will come a time of reckoning, for He too will have to seek redress and justice for the screams of those whom had been bullied, hurt and harm. Stop it now please. We have a beautiful world, with enough to share for all, and no matter how difficult the environment will be, we mankind had been created resiliantly, with no need to deprive one another so that one can live...before it is too late.

The return of the Messiah was written by John, with divine inspiration. These were his exact words:-

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." (Rev. 19: 11-16)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Everyone is worth saving.

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
(1 Timothy 1:15)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

If the Jewish messiah were to arrive tomorrow—or, even if Jesus were to return, literally, on a white horse out of the sky tomorrow—it would make absolutely NO difference whatsoever to this civilization.

Why not?

Because, eventually, after getting off his white horse or whatever, he would actually have to SAY something.

If you really think that is the scenario, then he really would not need to speak. If you were astute, you would know him by his fruits.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by miracleretiree

I hope you don't think this is literal, as in having visions of Jesus riding Pegasus.

The Knight in shining armour always rides a white horse when he comes to save the Princess in peril. This scriptural phrase means that when the days of earth are their darkest and most perilous, there will be rescue.

These words are symbolic. Revelation says that one "who is like Jesus" will rise up. This means someone who is similar in character.

The "sword killing people" is not literal either. The "sword" means words. His words will shame people and they will lose their power and place. The scriptures say they will "walk naked" which means they will be exposed for what they are and the evil deeds they have done. All of this will be revealed.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

There is only one true messiah..only one anointed being who will truly change everything..none of the powers that be know exactly what that will entail yet they sure are trying to guess..so that they can set up "their messiah" to be as close to the real messiah as possible. The name Jesus is a play on words..the false one attempts to resemble the true one.. Yeshua has reincarnated and will not return in the same form..men of the Earth shall be humbled by the truth of equality.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join