It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on while this site is running?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am really interested to know just what the heck is going on when I have ATS open. I do not have any spyware or adware on my computer, and this does not happen with other websites, but when ATS is open the occasional pop up will come up, and in the meantime I hear clicks, as though I am clicking on links, when I am not doing anything. What's the deal?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Same here. I also was just logged out even though I was reading a thread and those click sounds occured as well. How I got logged out when I was already here makes no sense to me as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yup, same here. The page is reloading itself when you hear the clicks. I'll look at my history and the same page will be 20 links long. I also get the bad popups. I don't mind the little ones, it's the ones that won't let you leave without pressing escape 100 times or clicking a button which I won't do. Didn't used to be that way..

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I too have the same issue with the "clicking", and pop under ads really annoy me and I will never purposefully click on an ad that has to go thru such tacky measures to literally "assault" us with advertisements. Thats what it is...assault.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I get that too. I think its your computer's pop-up blocker trying to block all of the pop-up ads. With so many hitting the computer so frequently, some are bound to leak through.

I have noticed that this mostly happens BEFORE I log in. Once I'm logged in, I hardly ever notice any clicks or pop-ups.

new topics

top topics

join