It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man VS coporation - the war we have almost lost

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
reply to post by DarkRedSoda

so my family start out with nothing, asked for the loan and put the house up as equity. Started a business and took the risk to loss everything. We made money and was able to pay back the loan and because we made it and started a company we are the @@S holes for it.

My family rolled the dice and won. Now we are greedy corporate fat cats, lovely

SILENCE! A recipient of great compliment and warm greeting turn hostile, were you. Thou being greater than thy commoners amongst us would thus have known such. Bitterness in this manner would not go well in person for thou sir. Thou art a deceiver in reality, or a commoner at heart. Despicable... or a great con.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Agree to disagree, Looks like everyone on this thread agrees with you and there is no way to change one’s mind. Ill join your side. DAME THOSE GREEDY FATCATS, their corporate profits, and gas guzzling republicans in there SUV’s . always stepping on the little people, enslaving them to work there 9-5 with minimal wages just so their bosses can sit back and do nothing “like me” dame them. lol

All in Fun and Games

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkRedSoda

dude i really dont know what your talking about. i would say speek english but you are. lol
to proper i guess yeah coporations are evil sly dogs.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Agree, star for your post.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Expostfacto made a great point, as did many of you, and pretty much summed up what I was going to say.

But sometimes I wonder, why are we in such a rush to build up our civilization? Its as if we are running towards a goal, but what is our goal? To develop the entire earth with man made structures and systems? Is that not detrimental to our environment insofar as our very own survival? Why are we more worried about building up a society that is broken and riddled with injustice and inequality, than fixing it at the root of its problem? Do we truly feel that economics, technology and infrastructure will advance us to a point were all of these societal problems fix themselves? I don't know... seems backwards to me, especially since all of our problems are rooted in the human mind. I just don't see how ignoring the internal problem while growing the external world is going to change things.

Maybe this is why I feel the whole system is corrupt and bound to fail. Maybe this is why I feel that corporations are greed-balls who are more concerned with their own temporary well being, then that of the human species as a whole's. Enough ranting...

edit on 26-10-2010 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I am on board with this concept as well. I wonder all the time about this type of stuff. I do want individual freedom to flower like never before seen. But, society in general is on a race like you said. We are truly at a juncture in our species history. I see people like yourself reflecting on our society in an open-minded way and this gives me immense hope. It was only a few years ago that I could not express my opinions without being the outcast of my social group. Now people are awakening (for lack of a better word) to the prospect that if we designed the rules of this game in the first place, why can we not change the rules? The answer is someone else has been controlling the rules for a long time and it wasn't the people. I think Obama was voted in because people wanted a change. What they didn't realize is he works for the same people making these rules. Healthcare for all is a great thing, but then all the special interests got a say in what was in the bill. It means that corporations are all on board with the plan, but the people never really got a say in it. These mega-corporations are the ones making the decisions in the government, not us.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I am with you 100%. I too voted for Obama, and not because I wanted to see MLK's Dream come true, but rather because I saw a possibility of change in him, as you said. By the time of his inauguration, I was questioning who he really was and what his true intentions were. Now I am afraid to vote for anyone, but people keep telling me that is only a win for the "bad guys", so I am not sure what I will do.

If you guys haven't read this article you should. It exposes, or rather confirms for the masses, just how much of a Corporatocracy we live in.

NY Times - Top Corporations Aid U.S. Chamber

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join