It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Zombie Attacks in 26 Major Cities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Cable network AMC is planning to stage “zombie attacks” in 26 major cities to promote its upcoming zombie series “The Walking Dead,” The Hollywood Reporter said Monday.

The network has recruited hundreds of people to don zombie makeup and gather around landmarks in New York, Washington, D.C., London, Madrid and several other cities.

The staged attacks will begin in Hong Kong and Taipei at dawn on Tuesday and then spread across the globe over 24 hours. The final attack will occur at a premiere event in Los Angeles, where the cast, crew and media will view the first episode ahead of its Oct. 31 debut on AMC.

“The Walking Dead,” based on the comic book series of the same title, follows the survivors of a worldwide undead epidemic as they travel across the U.S. seeking safety. The series was developed by Frank Darabont, who directed “The Shawshank Redemption” and “The Green Mile,” both based on Stephen King books.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

I like to see the look on the guys face that did not get the memo that this is a staged event that day.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

LOL

I hope they advertise what they are going to to.

Things could get messy

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
all i can think of is....

BRAAAAINNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It would be so fun to watch peoples reactions when you see houndreds of zombies walking down new york city

edit on 26-10-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

unless everyones makeup is done hollywood style and very much to a perfect walking dead then noone is going to be freaking out

we have been desensitized too much to let crap like this seems real

now if they staged attacks and new people becoming zombies with instant make up and real life like brain eaitng and blood, thats another story

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
So to all the people who know that the only way to destroy a zombie is to destroy the brains, please make sure you are actually attacked before blasting away.

I can just see some drugged-out or "reality-challenged" person becoming an axe murderer. Oy.

On the brighter side, I can't wait to see this series! But I'll have to DVR it because my husband doesn't share my tastes..

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
...and if someone freaks out and shoots/stabs one of the actors??
No way they would stage this without forewarning. The possibility of an accidental violent reaction is too risky. Unless they want to promote the show with a massive lawsuit lol

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I work in Hollywood and they do a lot of premieres around here. If they do that here I will post pics!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
damn you itchy trigger finger
edit on 26-10-2010 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
it's NYC, it might actually go unnoticed.

a few years ago, I was walking with my wife on the upper west side. It was gorgeous day. Sun was shining, people were out and about. As we walked along the street we came across a couple of men in suits who were walking along side us. They were covered in blood. One of the guy's had a head injury that was right out of a Tarantino movie. Brains and skull all over the place. The other guy had several gunshot holes in his chest and he was soaked in blood. The guys were walking, talking and nobody noticed them. Nobody turned around and did the expected double take. Nobody said a thing. They came to the corner and, as we waited for the light, I asked them what they were filming. They told me what show it was. Some law and order or other cop type show. I asked where the shoot was, they said a few blocks back, they were done for the day and wanted to see how long they could walk before someone freaked out.

they'd walked for 20 minutes and the only person to even notice was me and I wasn't the least bit freaked out.

So, yeah, pack of zombies? They'll either get beat on by a bunch of annoyed locals or they'll go completely unnoticed.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
It would be so fun to watch peoples reactions when you see houndreds of zombies walking down new york city

edit on 26-10-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

The country is a little bit volatile right now, and more people are armed than ever before! I hope the zombies come out alright. I would hate to see them picked apart by these guys.

Seems like a pretty good promo, surely they have taken precautions. I always wondered how that Scare Tactics show ever survived. I certainly would have killed somebody in those scenarios! They would scare the hell out of people in real-life situations. Seems like they got very, very lucky that nobody was killed.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree, if i see zombies walking around and its not OCT 31st, im armed and ready to take them down. Like i was saying. i hope everyone gets the memo other whys your going to get the few "like me" that will start throwing punches and running. lol

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I can totally see some paranoid kids and even adults do some very foolish things in reaction to this.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This reminds of a few years back when the Cartoon Network show Aqua Teen Hunger Force launched their viral campaign and placed suspicious looking boxes in a few cities. It actually launched a brief terror alert I think in Boston before the campaign was realized. I can see it now. Anderson Cooper reporting from the latest zombie attack here in LA, oh wait....AMC, nevermind...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
although with only 5 days before Halloween, most people will probably just think its some kids in costumes. Alert to all real zombies....attack the week before Halloween, no one will notice.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Does anyone really believe "zombies" exist?

Unless they had ultra-realistic make-up/costumes and acting skills then maybe I'd be slightly interested...

If not, then I'd simply laugh. Zombies aren't real...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
"I beat him up officer because he was a zombie"

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The thread title is terribly misleading! The zombie attacks are STAGED NOT REAL. Shame on you.
Zombies are absolutely the least scarey thing on this planet. They are rotting meat. You can tear one of their arms off and beat them with it.

No star and flag for you.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

He so got the idea from Portland Oregon... every year there is a random "flash mob" of Zombies that slowly death-walk from various sectors of the city to down town. Where they do a massive impromptu Thriller dance.

My first year living in the city I was driving downtown and there was a group of oh .. 5 or so zombies.. just dragging their feet in the middle of the street. Portlands a weird city to begin with, weird enough that seeing zombies in the middle of the road isn't a shock and you drive by without a second though..

Until I hit the mob of about 50 zombies on another street....

Then I park my car (avoiding zombies as I'm parking) only to leaving the garage to see two seperate groups of zombies meet from two different streets.

Hundreds of zombies met at the Square, a central location in the city, and thousands watched the thriller dance, then they dispersed to Zombie parties. It's not to promote a movie, or a show, or a book, or anything.. it's a random, twitter/myspace yearly zombie walk.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

He so got the idea from Portland Oregon... every year there is a random "flash mob" of Zombies that slowly death-walk from various sectors of the city to down town. Where they do a massive impromptu Thriller dance.

My first year living in the city I was driving downtown and there was a group of oh .. 5 or so zombies.. just dragging their feet in the middle of the street. Portlands a weird city to begin with, weird enough that seeing zombies in the middle of the road isn't a shock and you drive by without a second though..

Until I hit the mob of about 50 zombies on another street....

Then I park my car (avoiding zombies as I'm parking) only to leaving the garage to see two seperate groups of zombies meet from two different streets.

Hundreds of zombies met at the Square, a central location in the city, and thousands watched the thriller dance, then they dispersed to Zombie parties. It's not to promote a movie, or a show, or a book, or anything.. it's a random, twitter/myspace yearly zombie walk.

It isn't just Oregon, they do them all over and have for a while.
My friends participated in the record setting walk on Monroeville Mall. The "zombies" were permitted to walk through the mall, which also happens to be the mall from the original Dawn of the Dead.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join