It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban temporary service's!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
She thinks my tractor's sexy
It really turns her on
She's always staring at me
While I'm chuggin along
She likes the way it's pullin' while we're tillin' up the land
She's even kind of crazy 'bout my farmer's tan
She's the only one who really understands what gets me
She thinks my tractor's sexy

Lol that sums me up better than metallica did lol

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Ignore the trolls.

Every single time I have written Mitch, mostly from email, he has responded with a letter to me, acknowledging my thoughts. It doesnt matter how you write or sound, they all have phones too so you could leave a message if you feel you dont have a good enough writing style, but in my pov your style is honest and is real.

And to the poster who keeps saying temp is temporary, I myself have SEEN signs and ads that say TEMP TO HIRE, it is a play on emotions and hopes and it only works to big corpa's advantage!! And against the little person.

edit on 27-10-2010 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Since you decided to call the troll out and address him directly I will respond back.

Use common sense when reading those signs. You are still a temp and you don't know how many of you will become full time. It might be one of you or it might be 10. I promise if 100 people are working in a temp to hire capacity not even 90% of them will be hired.

Its common sense, thats all. I wish people would put more emphasis on common sense then they do book smarts. Common sense apparently is in short order in the world.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

ok with your own words you say maybe 10 out of 100 will get a full time job.
in a year's time...that company has saved over million dollars easy in insurance and various fee's and tax's..by working them as temp's.

then the temporary service which steals 4 dollars per hour you work from your pay...finder's fee

100x4=400
so a week at 40 hour's. that finder fee goes to 400x40=16 000
16000 x 52 = 832 000 52 weeks in that year.
Personally common sense should tell 832 thousand dollars for 100 worker's in finder's fee is crazy.

Listen troll it's a scam.
832 thousand dollars a year took from 100 worker's that are already poor people trying to make a paycheck..
or they wouldn't be there.
If you can not see how bad they keep a person indebted to them.
i got nothing else i can say to ya .

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Then don't work through a temp agency anymore.

Keep calling me a troll if it makes you feel better. I just simply don't agree with you and if that makes me a troll then a troll I am.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

FIRST REMINDER

This is to remind members to post in a courteous and mannerly fashion.
Failure to do so will result in post's removal and/or warnings.
Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What besides this thread has been done to start a ban on Temp Services? I have seen a few places you can write about how they scam you such as, ripe off, (plan on going there next) however, has anyone accually started something and if so, where, what, and when. I am in California.

Ticks me off when for the 3rd time after the so called probation period gets up and the company asks my husand to fill out the paperwork to go to work for them permently and Volt Temps calls him on Friday, (he was do to go back in on Sunday night) that his assignment is up and not to go in or contact them. When he tells them that they were asking him to be full time, they say must be a mistake and that they will check. Well you know the rest.

I have been saying they are unethical years ago, even before having someone I know getting involved with one. Sears and its sister companies back in the 80's started the explotting of the labor laws by laying off full time workers and hiring part timers. This kept them from paying benifits, a higher insurance plus they could treat people as dispendable. This caught on with many other companys after that and they wonder why they could not find qualified help. Temp Service's is just the lastest version of that same idea. Taking advantage of the high unemployment rate as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I was watching television yeterday and thought of this thread.

The newscaster was crowing about the easonal jobs out at gsi and he specifically said, Some of these jobs May turn into full time positions.

So many times temporary positions are billed as possibly leading to full time employment, as a deliberate hook, to lure people in. I would hate to be a mom or dad who gave up guranteed unemployment, for a seasonal job that when you are let go, you have no safety net to fall back on (the unemployment).

Americans already have tough choices, these kinds of deals are going to become more frequent.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

My husband's in that boat. I'm disabled, not on disability, but I do work when I can so I have a small income.
He got lured into a temp job, they said if he went to work for 90 days he'd be hired full time, and that once full time, he could apply for their draftsman jobs. (hubby has solid CAD/3d design/engineering skills, but can't find work!)
Well at 89 days they let everyone go. The temp agency told him to file unemployment on Monday, called him for a job unloading trucks on Wed.....he worked for a week, 7.25 an hour, 32 hours- they didn't get breaks at all, so the work went fast..he said they worked them like dogs, not even wanting to let them go to the bathroom!

He gets his check, temp agency has taken out money for drug test, money for background check- he didn't even make minimum wage and he'd just paid all that the 3 months before for the other job.

It's such a racket. Then they denied his unemployment, saying he quit on the Monday before he started unloading trucks for him. We have an appeal in, but to be honest, I don't have a lot of hope, because there was something VERY WEIRD going on between the unemployment agency and the temp agency- as if they are in cohoots to keep workers from getting benefits by hook or by CROOK.

Well he is working again- he can't get away from this agency, can't find full time work, now 6 11 hour shifts a week out of town, no benefits, and unless we win this appeal, if he loses his job we're without much income again.... and because we live in a state that didn't expand medicare...we have no insurance.

:::SIGH::: He is better than this. ANYONE that works like he does, with a 26 year, one company work record- they are better than this. He's getting old, has worked his entire life. He used to make 60k a year. This year we'll be lucky to make 20. So broke we can't move...

I had a nightmare last night that a new reality was coming. That the temp agencies would start sneaking competency testing in on workers, stealing more work from them. That almost the entire work force was going to be going to temp work, except for govt. positions. No one would ever have security again.

I woke up terrified. It's a new form of slavery and the public is not seeing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join