It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois violates the MOVE Act and Gets a Free pass by DOJ.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What in the hell is wrong at the DOJ?? First the Black Panther scandal and now this.

Military voters from the land of Lincoln could be shut out of the midterm election after the Justice Department reached an agreement with Illinois that gave the state "a pass" for violating federal election law, an advocacy group warned Monday.

The Justice Department hammered out the court agreement Friday addressing the failure of 35 Illinois counties to send military and overseas absentee ballots 45 days before the election -- a requirement of the MOVE Act. The agreement gave voters from six of those counties a few extra days to send back their ballots but did not specifically address the other 29 counties.

The reality

"For at least 29 counties, there were absolutely no consequences," he said. "Illinois is precisely the reason why you can't wait until a week before the election to try and resolve a clear violation of military voting rights."

Why the exception for Illinois??? I think a can think of a couple reasons why!!

The Illinois agreement was the final deal struck by the Justice Department to address states' failure to send their ballots out in time. While agreements with other states had tougher provisions compelling them to send out more express ballots and extending the deadline to receive them by many more days, Eversole's group said the Illinois decree gave "no meaningful relief" to military voters.

This just about sums it all up

Eversole, though, said the agreement just doesn't go far enough. He said it could have at the very least explicitly extended the deadline for all 35 counties. And he expressed concern that the agreement did little to prevent the violations from happening again in 2012, saying it sends the message that so long as states accept ballots after Election Day, they can ignore the 45-day requirement in the MOVE Act. The 45 days, though, were meant to give military voters enough time to receive and send back their ballots before Election Day.

"It's just the wrong message to send," Eversole said.

What in the hell is wrong here??

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 26-10-2010 by jibeho because: typo

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This benefits the Presidents Party. It's his DOJ run by his people. I don't see a mystery here. Vote rigging is a well known thing around those parts.

Question is, how do you get the head of the DOJ to do something about this when he is under the complete control of the criminals rigging the elections? ....and we thought Nixon was bad

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Its not going to be pretty next week. We already have problems with early voting...
I hate to say it, but I've got a bad feeling. Luckily I vote in a very small and quiet polling place.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Glad to know that all my fellow soldiers over seas don't count when it comes to voting.

The Democrats have really pissed me off and this will piss off all the soldiers in the military, or should. The only reason this happened was because they know that the military votes largely goes to the Republicans. The Dems have a history of sticking it to the military and this is just one more disrespect they show towards us in a long list of disrespects.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Oh man,how cool!!!.(sarc)

These parasites will send them to fight and bleed and die,but not let them have a say in it?.

Democracy is beyond dangerous,it's just wrong.

51% telling 49% what they gotta do?/.

top topics

join