It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all dead ALREADY!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So i was thinking today,... is it strange to have a feeling of being dead already? I mean, this world we live in, i pretty much would describe it as hell!

Is it possible for all of us to be dead and in hell without us knowing..

Let me say it like this... if i lived on another planet and someone asked me what hell is, i would describe a place like Earth, without knowing Earth even exists.

Just a thought..

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
thats the third post in 2 days with the same headline :O

how come?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

hell is a mindset, and if I am in hell, then I plan on being King of this Planet, because I just can't let a little fire and brimestone hold me back. I'm Darth Maul, I kinda belong here, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I see hell as a place where you no emotions except for doom, and gloom, pain, and suffereing.

A place where you cannot see, understand, and feel happiness.
So basically, I've felt happiness here, and had plenty of memories of them aswell.

I don't think this is hell, but rather a place closer to it, as we make our way up the different levels of life.

edit on 26-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

link   
1. In order to believe in hell, you would need to believe in a religion with hell as part of it's belief system.

2. Religious belief systems that include hell, describe it as a permanent place you will suffer in through all eternity.

3. If we were already in a perpetual state of suffering... i. e. hell, religions wouldn't exist that could save you from going to hell.

4. Hell is supposed to be an eternal state of suffering... Can you really say that you have had no goodness or happiness in your life. I mean really sometimes life sucks.. but could you really describe it as Hell? My imaginings of hell are much much much worse than waking life... Like perpetually being tortured with hot irons and sharp objects worse.

link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
So i was thinking today,... is it strange to have a feeling of being dead already? I mean, this world we live in, i pretty much would describe it as hell!

Oh, now, it's not hell. It may not be great all the time, but it's not hell. There are plenty of things to enjoy, if you choose to do so, at least for the remainder of your existence here. So I seriously doubt that we're all already dead.

The trick about this existence is that it's whatever you want it to be. Seriously. You get whatever you ask for, like magic. Therefore, it helps to choose wisely. Because while we may not be dead at the moment (cognito ergo sum), we all will be soon enough. And while it might not make any difference after you're dead, it would be a shame to spend all this time believing you're in hell.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is the 2nd or 3rd thread like this in the past few days.

I also noticed 2 people I know mentioning stuff like this while they were intoxicated.
One said "I feel dead" and the other said "I feel numb" (as in, emotionally numb), on separate occasions.

People contemplating their mortality lately?

I wonder if this has anything to do with 10/10/10.
edit on 26-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias

I also noticed 2 people I know mentioning stuff like this while they were intoxicated.
One said "I feel dead" and the other said "I feel numb" (as in, emotionally numb), on separate occasions.

Wow you sound like you have some wild nights out!

Seriously if you (OP) are finding life to be that hellish then maybe you are not on the right path for yourself to reach happiness.
Maybe it's time to reconsider some things and make some changes.

Unless of course you are talking on a general Buddhist "Life is suffering" level which I used to buy into but I just find that viewpoint way to nihilistic now

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii
I see hell as a place where you no emotions except for doom, and gloom, pain, and suffereing.

A place where you cannot see, understand, and feel happiness.
So basically, I've felt happiness here, and had plenty of memories of them aswell.

I don't think this is hell, but rather a place closer to it, as we make our way up the different levels of life.

edit on 26-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

But you see,
You interpret hell in being this thing.
And since the don'ts of hell have exsisted for you,[happiness]
You don't consider the possiblility that you are in hell at this moment.

What if hell wasn't just what you described.
What if this is hell because you're allowed to enjoy such things that make you happy.

But so many things that give you a good feeling, are consequential.

You take Meth, and have the best feeling in the world, same with heroin.
But that #s you up.

You drink at a bar to relax,
But that #s you up.

We may not live in hell, but we don't live in heaven.
But then again i could be interpreting heaven wrong

For all i know, this could be heaven. We could have all started in a hell. An earth. And now we're in heaven.

Back to the hell thing,
Many people interpret the world as the only thing that could be.
What if we lived in a world where taking heroin or meth had no negative effect on the body. We induce happiness whenever we want.

Man i could just get into so much imagination that would be unessisary.

But keep in mind, just because you interpret something to not fit into how you see it, doesn't mean that the argument is strong. Ie:
You saying that hell is a "So-so and so place"
When hell could actualy be a "So-that and so place"

If you understand >.>

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So you guys say this is' nt hell because we can do enjoyable things.
Of course we can do things that give us pleasure, but should we take the " religious version" of hell too seriously?

I dont think of hell as only fire, being tortured etcetera etc.
Hell to me is a place where people suffer. Turn on your tv's and watch some news broadcasts. People suffer, everywhere.
Hunger, earthquakes, disease, acts of terrorism, rapes, murder... its everywhere. in every street on the entire planet evil is a presence... To me that is hell...

In those books you guys get your fire and torture images of hell from there are also texts which say we have free will.
Is it free will to be abused by politicians? is it free will to get raped? Is it free will to suffer from hunger? Is it free will to end up in a sickbad with a cancer eating you up from the inside out?

No!!

Too me it is pretty clear we are in hell already...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If I'm dead, then I want to stop paying taxes.
I'm pretty sure come April 15th, they'll figure out I'm still alive.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I think you have a point there.
This existence is nowhere near having free will.
This life is not a pleasant dream, by any means, it's a hellish nightmare, people are crying, suffering, we all are, and it needs to stop, it needs to end, we need to wake up.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

"I feel dead. Zombies are tax exempt by nature."

edit on 26-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

So even if your theory is correct what else is there to do about it apart from grab the small bits of enjoyment that you can out of life.
Even if I am currently in hell I'm here for a good time not a long time. Don't worry in about 80 years (depending on your age) your hellish experience will be over no matter what you do

I have just one thing to say to add

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
omg i know!

earth is limbo!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I have to agree that this world is for the most part limbo but hell, not quite. The fiction of reality is a notion throughout metaphysics. One must die to one's ego in order to know god for instance. This world is one of the only places in the local universe to be so teeming with life. It hardly rates as a place undead.

A world without the presence of the creator to some is hell. Union with the presence of the creator within us can make hell seem like heaven as well.

Perspective is key. As you believe so you shall receive as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I believe that Earth is one of the many planets where souls come to learn lessons. If you believe in Karma and Reincarnation then everything else starts to make sense. It may sometimes seem like you are living in hell but I assure you that you will have it a lot better than a lot of people. Your psyche is how you make it, If you believe you are living in hell then you are. If you appreciate everything, acknowledge the bad but don't take it to heart then you can make earth your heaven. Positive thinking goes a long way.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Its all perception :One mans hell is another mans heaven...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

There could totally be no suffering if the human species wanted no suffering. Instead, everyone has jobs, families, and bills so they don't have to help other people, only themselves and so they have an excuse why they don't help people. If it was everyone's job to prevent suffering and inhumanity (as it should be) and activitely promote well-being and humanity ( as it should be) then heaven on Earth would be in our grasps and people wouldn't have to think we live in hell. It's all within our grasps, we just have to reach for it...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Every time cycle is like a "lifetime", so for every mesureable space of time, you are actually dieing during that time cycle, so as long as you are measuring and recording the cycles, you are dieing that measurement of the cycle. Make sense? probably not. Its true though.

Depending on your philosophy and understanding of science anyway.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join