It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Truth: The Story About The Poison You All Eat (DISTURBING VIDEO & INFO)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21

Of the 84,000 chemicals on the market today -- many of which are in objects that people come into contact with every day -- only about 1 percent of them have been studied for safety, Sen. Frank Lautenberg said Tuesday.

Link to Article

One of the scariest factoids I have ever seen. Thanks for your reply and making me a little more nervous!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Excellent thread, well done... well done.
Go organic people. Even better your yet, grown your own food.

Did you know there are over 40 known pesticides present on and in the fruits and veggies we eat? All of them are toxic to the human body and fetuses. They have been linked to autism, ADD, (puts on flame suit) and other forms of brain damage. I know it hurts to hear that, but the truth tends to do that.

links that may be of interest:
www.nctimes.com...
www.webmd.com...
www.organicconsumers.org...

Some things to keep away from:
1. Shampoos
2. Fast food/ Processed food
3. Sodas
4. Gum
5. Non organic milk
6. Pretty much everything at your local grocery store. Shop at an organic only store like Whole Foods.
7. Tap water (there are over 150+ known toxic chemicals in tap water, that includes filtered tap water, 44 of them are at high enough concentrations in the average person's diet to be causing damage to themselves and even fetuses)
8. Hair sprays, facial care, perfumes, skin products
9. unfiltered shower water (www.google.com... _result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CD8Q8wIwAg#)
10. cheap dishwashers (dishwasher detergent does not wash off and can cause numerous health problems)
11. HE Laundry detergent
12. Prescription psychologically active medicine (I'm talking antidepressants, benzos, opiates of purely synthetic origin etc..)
13. Mouthwash
14. Fluoride non organic toothpaste
15. Bottled water (even water that claims to be pure, it is not in the least)
... I'm probably leaving out a lot. Anyways, what I want you to accomplish here is: question everything that comes in contact with your body. Also, always remember, your skin absorbs chemicals too!

edit on 28-10-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Damn,
i just learned alot about BPA.
Thanks a bunch. Now need to seriously get back on track with the farmer's markets and organic food.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Timeline Part 2:

So it was first synthesised and found to be an artificial sex hormone... so someone had the brilliant idea to put it to use in nearly all food packaging known to man? I thought scientists were supposed to be smart? Oh wait they are.... smart enough to realise they would make a whole lot of money by just keeping their mouths shut.

1976: First law to regulate industrial chemicals, fails to establish safety of BPA. Congress passes the Toxic Substances Control Act, the first law in the U.S. to regulate industrial chemicals. BPA is one of 62,000 chemicals "grandfathered" in, presumed safe by the Environmental Protection Agency with no evaluation of the evidence.

1982: Government assessment of BPA toxicity holds no regulatory weight. The National Toxicology Program determines that the lowest adverse effect level (LOAEL) for BPA in laboratory animals is 1,000 parts per million (ppm), equivalent to 50 milligrams of BPA per kilogram of body weight per day (50 mg/kg/d) (NTP 1982). This study becomes the basis for EPA's 1988 safety standard which has remained in place for decades, sorely out of step with scores of low-dose BPA toxicity studies published in the interim.

ORIGINAL TOXICITY REPORT

^I WOULD THINK THIS WOULD BE A GREAT READ^

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
S+F this is really disturbing, i cant believe that this thing is everywhere, and from the time it was invented, then we have been in conctact with it from a long time.

reply to post by sliceNodice

i think we should make a list of what we can eat and be in contact with, and im sure it would be really short.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by chaosnanomex

That is exactly what I want to achieve. In the last couple of months I have learned alot about these types of things, and I want to start a definitive diet that has in it what I need and no nasty chemicals to boot. As you point out, the list would be small based on what I have found, and it would take a LONG time to get a definitive list.

If we could all pull together it would make it a lot faster and we could all share what we know to be good and bad for us. Hope this gets more attention so we can start doing this. The odds are against us, but with eachothers help, we have a better chance!

Together we conquer, divided we fall!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
wow carliltomoore! you really went all out
This was not only well documented and put together, but hte time and reaserch into such a topic is outstanding, imformatinve and the truth....star n flag man

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Anyone interested in their own health (I would hope everyone) should also watch the following documentary. It spurred me on to find out the truth about what we are realy consuming, and if you found this thread interesting, you would love to watch it:

I cannot stress the importance of sitting down and watching something like this, even if you don't agree with everything the underlying message is there. I have been meaning to dedicate a thread to this documentary for a long time now, and it will be a scorcher believe me. A couple more of these mini series, and if we get a big enough following and people realy wan't to make a difference to their lifestyle, I will compile all the key points from them all into one thread and hopefully make a difference to peoples lives... for the better.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Thanks Ziggy I realy appreciate the compliment. I am really trying t ostep up to the plate now here on ATS and contribute some of the stuff I have learned over the alst two years, and there are a lot, and I owe a lot of it to members here.

I know however how important the issue, people here are reluctant to read big blocks of text and go sifting through links to find information. Thats why I am trying to make it as structured as possible, highlighting the key facts and supplementing it with short videos and jsut listing the links of interest.

Hope people appreciate the message behind the formatting!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Timeline Part 3:

Late 1980s through 1990's - First BPA safety standard at odds with first low-dose BPA studies

Source

1988:
EPA's safety standard for BPA is up to 25 times higher than harmful levels. US EPA sets a safety standard (reference dose) for BPA, based on crude, high-dose BPA studies showing reduced body weight of exposed animals, establishing the standard in 1988 and reaffirming it in 1993. The "safe" exposure level established by EPA, at 50 micrograms of BPA per kilogram of body weight per day (50 ug/kg/d), is 1,000 times lower than amounts found to affect the growth of animals in high-dose industry studies. But when a series of studies over the next 20 years show BPA to be toxic at doses far below EPA's safety standard (as low as 2 ug/kd/d), the Agency fails to update the standard to reflect the new information.

HEALTH ASSESMENT INFORMATION

I can't believe that only 19 people find this important enough to flag, though Obama booked a hotel for a state visit and it got 100+. People realy are scared of the truth, and won't take charge of their own life.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I know you guys like a conspiracy, so here is a little quiz:

Q: Why is BPA present in the majority of food products?

Choose your answer:

A) To make the nation infertile to control world population?

B) To make the population infertile and diseased and then make enermous profits from IVF and cancer treatments?

C) Because it is the cheapest way of packaging foods and they don't care about your health?

D) Insert Answer Here.

E) All of the above, BECAUSE THEY CAN!

Answers Please?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
More flags, no comments makes carlitomoore think twice about sharing information on a DISCUSSION board.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thank you for the thread.

Gr8 info here!

I too, hope others are alerted to this and will pay more attention to what they are eating!

Again appreciate ya. This is a very informative thread. Bookmarking and recommending!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join