Excellent thread, well done... well done.
Go organic people. Even better your yet, grown your own food.
Did you know there are over 40 known pesticides present on and in the fruits and veggies we eat? All of them are toxic to the human body and fetuses.
They have been linked to autism, ADD, (puts on flame suit) and other forms of brain damage. I know it hurts to hear that, but the truth tends to do
links that may be of interest:
Some things to keep away from:
2. Fast food/ Processed food
5. Non organic milk
6. Pretty much everything at your local grocery store. Shop at an organic only store like Whole Foods.
7. Tap water (there are over 150+ known toxic chemicals in tap water, that includes filtered tap water, 44 of them are at high enough concentrations
in the average person's diet to be causing damage to themselves and even fetuses)
8. Hair sprays, facial care, perfumes, skin products
9. unfiltered shower water
10. cheap dishwashers (dishwasher detergent does not wash off and can cause numerous health problems)
11. HE Laundry detergent
12. Prescription psychologically active medicine (I'm talking antidepressants, benzos, opiates of purely synthetic origin etc..)
14. Fluoride non organic toothpaste
15. Bottled water (even water that claims to be pure, it is not in the least)
... I'm probably leaving out a lot. Anyways, what I want you to accomplish here is: question everything that comes in contact with your body. Also,
always remember, your skin absorbs chemicals too!
edit on 28-10-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)