It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Warp Speed Possible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I believe Warp Speed is possible by learning to move the universe faster than the object could be pushed through it.

I have been experimenting with this and if you knew how fast I had the Universe moving right now, well I would likely get a speeding ticket!

You aren't where you think you are!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TOWhy do we assume that warp drive would allow us to travel very great distances in short periods of time ?

The assumption could have quite possibly come from watching re-runs of Star Trek episodes.

It's amazing how impressionable we are.

Star

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
That's great Proto! Where are we?????

You know, intuitively, I've always thought warp speed was possible.

Star

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You know what I have always wanted to figure out, but have never found the math figures to start on the problem: How fast are we currently moving? If you think about it the earth is spinning, so we are moving relative to that, then the earth is also speeding around the sun, also our solar system is in an outer band of the galaxy that spins and then I am sure the galaxy is moving through the universe. So how fast would we be going relative to the rest of the universe if we would just stop moving completely.

In a completely unrelated note.. these thoughts about our movement through the universe makes me wonder if gravity is based more on inertia than anything else. If everything in the universe stopped moving, would we still have gravity?
edit on 27-10-2010 by wisintel because: grammatical correction

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

In a completely unrelated note.. these thoughts about our movement through the universe makes me wonder if gravity is based more on inertia than anything else. If everything in the universe stopped moving, would we still have gravity?

Good question, now if we could only figure out what gravity is how it is created. Hmmmmm if everything came to a stand still and gravity stopped I would imagine we would all fly into space, always wanted to fly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join