It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pixyland pasty recipe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Originally posted by TrueLies
...and when we'd say soho we'd spit on eachother cuz thats when tim armstrong sounded like he was spitting all over the place...memories.ahhh

LMAO....My best school bus memories are of stomping and clapping to the beat of "We Will Rock You"

my other favorite was when i used to kick the guys on my bus in the nuts then laugh while they fell over. When I was at the gym at my own home town I ran into many of them and they remember quite clearly to this day and it's been 9 years.

Rock the Casbah man.....That song is my all time fav - It has such a unique quality to it....

Why.....just like Cornish Pasties.......

Iss cuz their both british yum yums, both are music to one of your orifices.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Damn...I'm glad I didn't ride your bus......

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The pastry disks are stellar to keep stocked in your freezer; they're usable after about 1/2 hour at room temp.

I like making a big slow cook pot roast with lots of root veggies, that turns into several meals:

Meal 2. Refrigerate seperate the meat. Get a SHARP KNIFE and slice it very thin. Layer it on a crusty French baguette with thinly sliced red onion, lettuce & tomato, topped off with a spicy horseradish mayonaisse

Meal 3. Warm the meat up in the pot so that the fibers loosen a bit. Take a big pan ( like a lasgana pan) and two forks. Start seperating the meat into strands...it'll come apart easily.
Sautee diced onions & garlic, add some sofrito & tomato paste along with some pimento stuffed olives. Add the beef, along with beef stock & red wine....just enough liquid to almost cover the meat. Cook uncovered on medium heat until the liquid reduces by half.
Serve over white rice. In Latin cuisine, this dish is called Ropa Viejo which means old rags or clothes .

Meal 4. take the left over meat drain it thouroughly, and place into pastry disks & deep fry.

Meal 5. Remove the potatoes from the stock & rinse & let dry. Mash them in a bowl, ad a tablespoon or two of flour & two eggs. Take the mixture & roll it into the size of gumballs. Take the gumballs into the palm of your hand & then take a dinner fork in the other...you are going to start at the base of the tines & roll the ball, so that grooves form on the dough. You then drop these into boiling water & remove after they float.( Also try in on a floured surface. I also add this edit: get a "dough consistency" by adding flour in small increments. I normally use baked potatoes, so there's less moisture. I think like my elders when it comes to food....don't waste! That's where the gnocchi experiment came from....they do come out good, though!)
You've just made gnocchi.

I've finished those two ways: hand blender the pot of veggies & then put it through a fine strainer into a pot & adding chicken stock. I then serve that with the gnocchi on top with some grated chees & crumbled bacon.
The other is to do the same, but strain into a pan and let reduce by two thirds, add butter, toss the gnocchi, and serve as a meal.

So if you look over a week span, you've done five meals fairly simply. The turnovers &sandwich make a great portable lunch, and the rest make for meals you cal serve within 30 minutes of starting.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by Bout Time]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
5 days and all that cooking? That's carb heaven, I am too chubby prone to do 5 day pastry dishes.

I'll try those too just once in a while. I look at carbs now like they are a treat, too many of em bloat my ass..

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Me being me i typed 'Cornish Pasty' into google image search...and its looks like Pisky has somehow invaded Google

oh, and cornish pasty's are raccoon approved

<< 1   >>

join