It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Monolith On Mars Moon Phobos CONFIRMED By Astronaut! -Video

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Well I never mentioned aliens. If there was a non-natural monolith on a moon it could have come from anywhere.
I had actually pictured it flying through space at high speed until it hit the moon and got stuck in the ground, as Aldrin says "the universe put it there".

If it was put there by aliens or intelligent life, why? Good question. Maybe it's full of stars.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

It requires a certain level of technical ability for a civilisation to find and understand such a monolith

Its not about the understanding of said Monolith, its about the finding. The odds of finding out that a random rock on Phobos, as opposed to some other body in the Solar System, is actually a message from aliens is phenomenally low. Its even harder than finding a needle in the haystack. It seems that a sufficiently advanced civilization would want to make it painfully EASY to find such an object, as opposed to placing it randomly on Phobos and then hoping that we stumble upon it at some point.

reply to post by Nventual

as Aldrin says "the universe put it there".

Well of course the Universe put it there, or it ended up there. I think that Aldrin is trying to stir speculation about aliens though mainly because public interest in space travel has been waning. Really it is likely to just be an ordinary rock formation with a perfectly ordinary story behind how it got where it is today.
edit on 27-10-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
this is probably not the right place but i have got to know what this is i found it at the apollo image atlas
image AS15-81-11046 here is the link-

www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I am neither an astronomer nor a photo expert, but I have to agree with the OP- it looks pretty damn square to me as well- it doesn't look "natural" to me......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join