It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS of ATS' ALIENS and UFO Forum***

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
Can't we all just get along, maaan? C'mon... Group hug. I love you guys.

Aw. That's nice. Thank you.

Anyways

How's that old thing go? "Whut we's got here... is a failure to communicate". Yup. That's what this is all about. Some folks just can't help themselves but get all uppity about whatever the heck is going down.

It's like that kid we all knew in school. No matter how many times you talk to him or her, smile or wave, they always put you down. They think they're better, smarter, better looking, more popular, better dressed, all of that, but, the thing is, nobody really likes them very much.

Doesn't bother them, though. They actually like being alone. Being cooperative and having friends actually takes work and it's not their thing to go to any trouble for anyone else. Messy. Bothersome.

The thing is, the internet attracts people like that. It's something to do by yourself, in your own room or at Starbucks and virtual friends are so un-messy compared to the real thing. You can get a zillion of them and drop as many as you want the second they become a problem. So easy. There's even a word for it > unfriend.

Well, there are a lot of people like that right here. They don't care about other people much, they only care about the charge they get out of being hard to get along with. They enjoy stirring things up. It's fun for them. It's easy to find them too. When they post snide snotty sarcastic remarks, they stand out like a beacon on a hilltop.

The best way to handle them, though, is to just ignore them for what they truly are. Trolls. And feeding trolls by getting mad at them only makes their day. They get so happy, that they go on a posting frenzy, file complaints, get defensive, rile up the mods and all the while, they're hugging themselves in glee (unlike Ghostlancer here, who obviously loves us all to pieces and wants to really be a friend to us all).

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You.

I am just as guilty of the offenses described in this thread as many others. I became so upset at an ATS Member's constant posting in the NYC 10/13 and El Paso videos that I posted an offensive and childish post. For my poor decision I received an ATS Warning and lost 500 points. Seeing the error of my ways/words I then posted an apology for my improper behavior and decided that I was done posting in the U & A Forum.

Reading over this thread, I saw a post from the ATS Member that I directed the rude post towards which just assured me that my decision to not post in the U & A Forum was the correct decision.

However, Your Posting on page #6 Post #3 is excellent and is what I would appreciate and need to return and enjoy the U & A Forum again

I will read the threads/post now and if I notice the differences described I will return to the U & A Forum and resume posting with great enthusiasm.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to continue the high standards here on ATS.

Warmest Regards,

t

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Why was The Agency thread deleted and locked multiple times?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
yea guys does anyone know the name of the guy in the black wife beater who make all the you tube videos about aliens and he predicts the future,really weird guy? I have been trying to find the post with no luck.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Very good, Springer. I love this site. There are many interesting subjects that people relate to and want insight from others. That's what it's all about, I think. Somewhere that people can go to when they have nowhere, or no one else.
Bravo!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
My behavior recently has helped created the atmosphere that necessitated this admonishment from Springer. And for that I apologize to every single member.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Some members seem to be confusing "civility in discourse" with "agreement". Of course, this same mentality equates disagreement with "trolling" and "derailing".

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this ....

www.dailymotion.com...=embed&start=0

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Thanks for your diligence Springer, unfortunately someone has to continue to "crack the whip".The very reason I left my career in management.

It seems to be working as I just read 17 pages about a jumping turkey/ufo, where everyone involved refrained from name calling or worse.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Sometimes some people are just plain moronic! and it is exceedingly difficult to hold back and be civil. I mean repetitively moronic not occasionally. Everybody can be idiot from time to time.

One thing that is difficult is how to address pure lies? I have seen posts that are pure lies. Not little white ones or misunderstanding or differences of opinions but quite obvious political or religiously motivated lies intended to deceive. How do you reply to those?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
How do you reply to those?

Make your case and substantiate it. Follow up with an Alert on the post containing the lie. Members found to be unquestionably knowingly posting false information are banned. Just remember, being wrong isn't lying. We'll always attempt to err on the side of caution, but have no patience with the willful hoaxer.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This forum is here for the civil discussion of things related to aliens and ufo's.
This is impossible for those who are compassionate about their beliefs and they will air their thoughts regardless of the rules.
If the powers that be are truly aggravated by these so called offenders, we would never hear from them again.Why threaten?Why not just whack them.
Without whacked out contributors this site would die.
Live and let build threads.
Content is in the eye of the beholder not the administrator.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Yo dude thanks for the reminder i hope the people you are stating will stop. I promise to follow all of the rules of ATS.com ok? My replys will be about the subject and will contribute to the research. I love this site!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by momoney

Somebody "gets it".

Springer...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It was a lot easier to get along on this board when we had the "ignore" feature. I had a number of members "muted" for some time then all of a sudden I'm subjected to their useless drivel again. Bring back the ignore feature.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
It was a lot easier to get along on this board when we had the "ignore" feature. I had a number of members "muted" for some time then all of a sudden I'm subjected to their useless drivel again. Bring back the ignore feature.

I think it's great to not have the ignore feature any more. In my whole time here at ATS, I've never used it once.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I think it's great to not have the ignore feature any more. In my whole time here at ATS, I've never used it once.

Neither have I.

You don't need a "button" to ignore people's posts.

Honestly, if someone is harrassing you to the point where an ignore button might be required, they're probably breaking the T&C and will be found & slapped by the staff. Put the smack down!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Has nothing to do with harassing or anything else, it just helped to filter 'certain' folks who really have no interest in the UFO phenomenon but rather use the forum as a means to troll and act arrogant. These types often exhibit the same behavior in thread after thread. Muting them helped quite a bit and removed thread clutter. I have no time for arrogant jerks who have a chip on their shoulder, they are a waste of bandwidth.

edit on 29-10-2010 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I promise to behave daddy springer.
To be honest I think it is really sad that you have to do this every so often, but I guess that is part of being an alternative topic. There will always be people who feel the need to flame.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The state leads to corporatism, unnatural economic and legal stimulation, absolutism and extortion. While I do not like the violent opposition towards the state, I dislike the state as well. You are not the state, you and the state are separate entities, however patriotism is your passion, so I guess I can say that you like your country in a less scientific way than I dislike all countries.
Edit: Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join