It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS of ATS' ALIENS and UFO Forum***

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Below the member's avatar there's a "Member" drop-down list, and the last option on that list is "ALERT!".

By using that option you can create a thread that can be seen by all staff, and only by the staff.

You can also send a private message to any staff-member.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Here's a solution: Scrap the Aliens and UFO Forum. All such threads can be included either in the Grey Area Forum or Skunk Works. Then no one would mind those bizarre outlandish posts!

And I think we've had enough of those lights-in-the-sky vids. A darn waste of time!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
OY
How hard can this forum be ??

- Ya'll post information about (alleged) sightings and/or visitations.
- Ya'll post information about (alleged) back engineering.
- Ya'll post information about (alleged) contact messages.

Then if it's absurd ya' hit the alert button.
If it's possibly credible, ya' read it and discuss it rationally.

The UFO forum isn't rocket science ... it may be ET science ... but it isn't rocket science.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Here's a solution: Scrap the Aliens and UFO Forum. All such threads can be included either in the Grey Area Forum or Skunk Works. Then no one would mind those bizarre outlandish posts!

And I think we've had enough of those lights-in-the-sky vids. A darn waste of time!

This is what I don't understand..... You feel this way and you KNOW what it contains yet, you still go to the forum.... WHY? Why not simply skip over it and go to something you enjoy

Nobody in the UFO forums is requesting to get rid of a forum that YOU enjoy..

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012
Why not simply skip over it and go to something you enjoy
Nobody in the UFO forums is requesting to get rid of a forum that YOU enjoy..

Nope! I wouldn't skip the UFO/Alien forum for the world! It's so hilarious, it makes my day!

He who laughs, lasts!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I think you need to post this next month as well.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'm glad you're on the ball Springer, when i found this site a few years ago i was suprised that people would actually treat eachother with with respect especially with all the wide range of topics there is on here, unfortunately this has slipped a little recently but very glad that this is always kept in check. Two big thumbs up

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Not mentioned in the T&C is a highly effective tool that has been mastered by only a few here at ATS.

This tool takes years of experience, schooling and training to attain, but once mastered has devastating affects on people being "Pinheads" here on ATS.

This tool is the "The Ban Hammer"

Unfortunately "The Ban Hammer" is not as friendly as the polite warnings, and reminders the mods will extend. Once you are struck with "The Ban Hammer" it will be a permanent lights out solution.

Symptoms if your struck with "The Ban Hammer"

1) You will not be able to log into ATS
2) Feeling of loneliness, confusion, and denial
3) If your a self-reflective and intelligent person, remorse and attitude adjustment
4) If your a "Tard" then you'll be off to a sub-standard forum, somewhere else, to spew ignorance.

Deny Ignorance and be nice too.

Peace out RT

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I am glad to see this being taken seriously i have been an anonymous member for about 3 years now but only signed up a few months back and it seems like over the span of this year there has been alot of bullying or downright ignorance in some of these topics. I think if you haven't got anything to add to the topic you shouldn't post there at all. i find alot of the good information gets lost amongst the pages and pages of ridicule instead of an actual debate. I think all off topic comments should be deleted and should be allowed to be moderated at some degree by the creator of the topic. Such as if i created a topic and someone came in badmouthing without any evidence or real debate on the subject the topic creator should be able to mark these comments for review by the moderators and should be deleted accordingly so we can actually get dug in to the topic at hand instead of sifting through pages of ignorance.

I believe this website is having a huge effect on waking people up to what is really going on around them while also being a great education tool. Here you have the ability to see each side of the argument and make your own mind up on said subject. And i believe where the many topics on here challange other peoples current beliefs ideoligys ect it has acted as a magnet for the ignorant and many dont care about the actual subjects at hand. they have simply came here to mock others. Its sad but its true and i hope action is appropriately taken before it spirals out of control
edit on 27-10-2010 by brizellious because: grammer

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Just wanted to say thank you for this OP. I've been a lurker for a very long time, but this prompted me to make it official.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

Hug Hug Hug!.....there now I feel even better.Today will be a better day.Thanks.Peace.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Calender

Thanks.I appreciate your support.Peace.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I joined ATS primarily for the A&U Forum. Now I hardly step a foot in here due to all the flotsam that gets posted. I decided that the A&U is no longer enjoyable for me and it's far better that I just stay away. I'm tired of trying to fight against all the members that would bring UFOlogy into disrepute. As far as I'm concerned, the war is lost... at ATS anyway. I avoid A&U like the plague now.

I only came in out of interest because I saw that Mark had authored this thread. To all those posting flotsam in A&U, you can rest easy knowing that there's one less person to keep you honest.

IRM

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more,if someone doesn't agree with a post there is no reason why a cool headed response can't be given or just don't give one at all if you feel upset about a post,EVERYBODY is entitled to their own opinion,no matter how stupid,crazy or insulting it may be,if it is way out of line alert ATS and I'm sure it will be dealt with the proper way.Remember people opinions are like buttholes,we all have one,if someone smashes your post or theory or opinion don't sink to their level.You are better than that.This isn't sports trash talk radio.Play nice!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Very well said there Springer.

I, myself, usually tend to stay away from topics on the Alien and UFO boards here. However, if something sparks my interest in this thread, I chime in with my $.02 worth of opinion. Even when I expect to see a friendly debate about the post, it is usually someone talking trash about the poster themselves. We shouldn't be debating the poster like you have said before, we should be debating just the topic and nothing else. However, I know that a lot of us have seen things that are just the opposite of what we should be doing. I do realize that a lot of people, including quite a few members here, do not want to see what someone else has to say just because it goes on the contrary on what they believe. That or they cannot stand to be proven wrong by someone else or they just don't want others saying what they don't want to hear or see.

Then again, with a site the size of what ATS is, no matter what the site is about. You are almost certain that you are going to have members that will be like this no matter how many times you try keep the name calling and the trolling in check. I will give it to you guys and the mods though. You guys are the best at what you do and how you are trying to keep this site from going to a complete madhouse.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I believe this goes for all of the forum, correct? even Skunk Works, where the worst of it happens.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Can we also apply this to the Predictions & Prophecies forum / threads???

There has been an increase in both predictions and people being less than friendly towards those making the predictions. I personally enjoy reading them for their entertainment value alone, and the snide negative replies really do take away from the thread.

Thanks!!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Springer,
I understand where your coming from. Here is my issue, there are so many posters that just make things up to get reactions. I joined ATS to actually see/read stuff that I wouldn't get to read anywhere else. However I read more BS from people than not. I go to this forum for the chance of reading something interesting. I have a hard time not giving my two cents when someone is spouting BS. If every light in the sky, and every "feeling" posters had on here were a REAL UFO or Alien experience then I think we would have some definitave proof as well somewhere.

I have no problem not being rude, I do have a problem when I read BS and can't call someone out on the carpet for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join