It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

explosions, riots, social degradation, what wouuld you do

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i dunno if my town is just that bad or you guys just have a sheltered world view but this # happens

i really dont know waht to say, this post is ruined untill/if i get my pictures
to be honest im really shocked at the real disregard to believe a witness on ats
people have gone to prison for life on witness stories
i thought this was supposed to be a website where people can come share stories, and events about things that most others ignore out of fear or ignorance, and to be honest that fear and ignorance has crept into ats

bombs explode
riots happen
get used to it

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

absolutly not

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by primoaurelius

In the T&C's it does say not to post anything as fact unless you have some kind of evidence to support your cause. This website is here for everyone to contribute in their own way to the stories that most otherwise would not get coverage however it is still important to support your claim with some kind of evidence whether it be a photo or a news article etc. Credibility is a big thing here and you can lose it easily by posting something as fact with nothing to back it up. I'm not trying to offend you in any way but post a photo or two of this happening or the said "nazi" gang with some identifying locale and let's move onto the actual threads meaning.

In this situation, whether it is real or not, I would more than likely draw my firearm and make a b line to cover. Most likely anyone who was in that car is dead. I would figure out if anyone is stuck in the line of fire or in danger and do what I can to help them.

I was actually witness to a shooting in Hartford, CT about a year ago just outside a bar at 1:30am. I looked for the article but I don't care about backing this up. I pulled a girl to safety after 3 shots rang out. In a crowd of about 100 people me and a few of my friends (all pd types(not me)) were the only ones to pull people to safety. The majority of people blindly try to help others but don't know what to do when simple gun shots ring out. I was drunk so my firearm was locked up but I still had the wherewithal to help people the best I could.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I would like you to just come clean and admit you made up the story. Then just ask the question you would like people's opinion on.

Under a stressful / terrorist situation I would look to help those who could not help themselves.

BTW. Liked the post from the guy who said he would pull his fire arm. Just wondering if your a law enforcement officer? Glad to hear your firearm (isn't gun a easier term) was locked up while you were drunk though.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stryker Ops

this is what kind of response i was looking for
i suppose your right about having a photo or two to back it up, however i dont think my credibility is shot because i told a story about what happend to me without a picture. or at least its not going to stop me from posting, questioning, and looking for answers, and people to bounce ideas, stories, etc off of

anyways yours was and ideal response, and i very much appreciate it
i hope i can get more like it insted of "IMPOSSIBLE" "LIAR" "BURN HIM BURN HIM!!!"

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

its obvious that you get fun out of smearing people on the web
can you not do it in real life?
is that it?
please go away if you have nothing relevant to add.

also
thinking more about what happened,
its almost scary how much people depend on the police, fire fighters, media to tell them where to go and what to do, in this situation there was none of that, and most people just didnt know how to react, it was strange, it was like survival instinct, or even a want to help other people was only visible in a few individuals. reminds me of those movies where the military and the government tell the people to stay in there houses and wait for help, and everyone ends up dying from disease or starvation.

to be honest i dont think any of us really know what we would do until it happens. so many different things can happen, is your life in danger? do you care if your life is in danger? is it worth it to save that pregnant woman?
we can speculate about what we would do, and that is good
we need to be prepared for any emergency situation
if you want to live thru it
just a thought

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Dude,
Have you not watched ANY footage from 9-11. The story you made up actually happened 1000 fold on 9-11-01. Did you see how people reacted there?

Come on now, I'm not smearing you. You just say things with nothing to back it up, do you expect that just to fly around here?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
When I was twenty years old.
"I was at the wrong place, at the wrong time".
I got hurt, and I was lucky to get out alive.
My advise is take cover, and protect yourself at all measures.
Now days, I would pull out my handgun, and observe the situation.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I live in a small community. I believe we'd all pull together like we did in the ice storm of 98.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join