It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Exploration Documentary Recommendations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
As the title says (I created related thread in Cryptozoology section), I'd like some good Space Exploration documentary recommendations, and preferably ones that are watchable on Youtube or the internet in general.

Much appreciated!!

Note: I'd appreciate if you guys would list only your absolute top favourite/s, as the list could otherwise turn out endless, making it extremely hard for me to pick (obviously I'll be picking more than one, but if you give me an endless list of choices chances are I'll most likely skip yours and look at a single recommendation from someone else, not to come across the wrong way or anything!)

THIS is obviously assuming I'll get more replies than expected. But either way it would make it less of a hassle for both me and other people viewing this thread if you listed only your absolute top favourite/s.

Thanks again!
edit on 26-10-2010 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My favorite so far is the series "The Universe", it can be found on netflix streaming, there's some very deep episodes discussing mirror dimensions, multiverses, ECt. I too have a very deeply rooted curiosity that causes me to find myself staring at the night sky for hours, everything I can find to watch or read about it, I do.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Thunderbolts of the Gods
video.google.com...#

Universe The Cosmology Quest Part 1
video.google.com...#

Universe The Cosmology Quest Part 2
video.google.com...#

Stephen Crothers: Why Black Holes Don’t Exist
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
^Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Horizon Space Tourists

Google Video Link

---------

There was a fantastic BBC Space documentary series called `Voyage to the Planets`. Fantastically produced `docu-fiction`(a fictional story presented in the form of a documentary) about a manned voyage through the solar system.

It can only presently be found on YouKu, I believe its the Chinese Youtube.

BBC Space Exploration Documentary Series :

Space Odyssey: Voyage to the Planets

What the series is about ....

Five astronauts pilot the nuclear thermal rocket powered Pegasus spacecraft on a tour of the solar system. Their mission is a collaboration of the NASA, CSA, ESA and РКА space agencies and takes the crew to Venus, Mars, a close flyby of the Sun, Jupiter’s moons of Io and Europa, Saturn’s moon of Titan, Pluto, and the fictional Comet Yano-Moore. Most of the planetary destinations the crew reaches are followed by a manned landing there. Prior to the mission large tanks of Hydrogen were deposited in stable orbits around the planets to allow the crew to refuel to have sufficient delta-v for the multi-year mission. The crew encounter many hardships and disappointments along the way. A Venus EVA that almost ends in disaster when the lander Orpheus encounters launch delays, a Titan probe that fails after deployment and the loss of samples from Jupiter's moon Io all test the crew's resolve. The most devastating blow comes when the ship's medical officer dies of solar radiation-induced cancer in Saturn orbit, forcing the crew to decide whether to continue the mission to Pluto, or abort and return to Earth.

link

So I ferreted out the links for you ...(some clips missing,the first few links are the longer episodes )

Voyage to the Planets 1
Voyage to the Planets 2
Voyage to the Planets 3
Voyage to the Planets 5
Voyage to the Planets 7
edit on 26-10-2010 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2010 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join