It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing Death In Someone's Eyes. Have you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Not entirely on topic.

But if you pray for the right thing,your prayer will surely be answered.

Pray for death,it's a given for nearly every species on this planet.

I am not trying to troll or be offensive,I am a realist.

The secret to this life is to accept that some bad things here cannot be fixed.

Face them,and try to make this existence as painless as possible.

...Then look around you and wish those you are surrounded by realized the same thing...

Too much to ask of most...................

And yes,I have seen death in the eyes of more than I care to remember,but that doesn't make the ability special.
edit on 26-10-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: Missed something

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Oh I understand that death is a certainty in life. In fact in the last year I lost my fear of dying (not really sure why still) perhaps the two are related somehow, who knows!
I also dont think it's a 'special ability' but maybe it is?! I would just like to try and understand why I can see it and maybe learn how to blank it out so it doesnt upset/haunt me

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

There is nothing wrong with being upset by it.

I am not really religious,but believe there is some other reason for us here.

I really would like to find something palpable to believe in.

My personal opinion is that life has become too complicated by the machinations of man.

Some people see,while others are distracted.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I suppose its a natural reaction to be upset!

Ha Im not really religious myself but I would say I believe in spirituality. I dont think they are the same.

I like what you wrote - life has become too complicated by the machinations of man

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
When my Aunt died, I had this strange feeling that she knew she was going to pass away.
Something about her words and her attitude, and the way she looked at me, almost like she had shed hear fear of death and was trying to convey a message of some sort. The morning she died, my mother came to break the news, and I immediately knew when I heard the doorbell ring that she had passed. No words needed to be spoken. Kind of spooky, actually.

Her catch-phrase: "God's Willing" - it reverberates within me until this day.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

What kind of psychiatric disturbances do you mean? I would never go to my doctors and tell her about this, not because I think she would think I'd gone completely mad but purely because I know she would not be able to comprehend unless she'd had a similar experience. If you have not experienced something how can you relate to it. Closed minds are another story!

It depends on the symptoms. It could be anything from types of schizophrenia,psychosis,bi polar,depression etc. You as an individual will have to figure that out,but these things may not even have anything to do with your experience. You might actually be surprised what other people can feel,but it is hard to explain the sixth sense,unless you experience it.

I know I have no choice but to live with this and I know this wont be the last time I see death in someones eyes but how do you learn to develop it and why would I want to do that?

That's up to you. If you think it might help you,look into it. Later down the road,you might find you can help others.
edit on 26-10-2010 by CASH69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Hi,

Understood. There is a hell of a difference when age and time come around....

Peace!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
In 2005 my father became very ill. But he was still able to have his meals in the den.

My brother and I had to work the family business so we hired a woman to live in his home and take care of him since he was very weak.

One morning the nurse called and said our father had not gotten out of bed but sat up and said he had a proclamation to make. He spoke like that because of his many years of holding public office.

He said, "I am going to die now".

We closed the office and rushed to his bedside. We took turns telling him we would take care of each other and it was OK for him to leave us and go be with our mother that had died in 2001.

He never spoke again but did stare at the ceiling and did react with a smile when the nurse asked him if he was seeing his wife.

We sat with him as death took over and his spirit left.

He knew it was time to stop fighting to live. He was 81 years old. May he R.I.P.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Pupil dilation is a part of the body's fight or flight response. Anxiety, fear, different types of shock can cause the body to turn towards this mode of survival. There is a release of epinephrine (adrenaline) that causes this. You weren't seeing death, but her fight for her life ..in her eyes.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by helster83

That might be true if all we saw was pupil dilation but this is much more than that. This is a glimmer fading, energy leaving. You don't believe in vitality? There are degrees of life. Even people alive and well are a little bit dead compared to others. You can't see that? I don't suppose everyone can.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
In 2005 my father became very ill. But he was still able to have his meals in the den.

My brother and I had to work the family business so we hired a woman to live in his home and take care of him since he was very weak.

One morning the nurse called and said our father had not gotten out of bed but sat up and said he had a proclamation to make. He spoke like that because of his many years of holding public office.

He said, "I am going to die now".

We closed the office and rushed to his bedside. We took turns telling him we would take care of each other and it was OK for him to leave us and go be with our mother that had died in 2001.

He never spoke again but did stare at the ceiling and did react with a smile when the nurse asked him if he was seeing his wife.

We sat with him as death took over and his spirit left.

He knew it was time to stop fighting to live. He was 81 years old. May he R.I.P.

Hi Dizziedame, thanks for sharing such a touching story.

Also how precious that you were able to be with your father because he knew he was going to pass, it seems there is a lot more to death than we are able to comprehend!
edit on 27-10-2010 by Beauty_HairyBeast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by helster83
Pupil dilation is a part of the body's fight or flight response. Anxiety, fear, different types of shock can cause the body to turn towards this mode of survival. There is a release of epinephrine (adrenaline) that causes this. You weren't seeing death, but her fight for her life ..in her eyes.

I know this but the difference was I knew she was going to die and said it to my husband, 2 months or so later she did. I guess thats why Im a little freaked - I could have simply stated she looked scared or ill.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

By just looking into the eyes of some people , I know they will soon die , or before the time they should have died , and to me it's a curse , not a gift .

Every time I encounter this unwanted phenomenon a desolate bleak landscape appears before in my minds eye , and it can depress me for several days. It's good that you saw your friend before their impending death , as it was a form of closure for you both . As it was for me . For some reason I called my father up on the evening before he died of a heart attack , because I felt I had to talk to him , and we had the most wonderful conversation , the best one we ever had .

Treasure the ones you love and like while you can , because one day you may see death in their eyes , and that can break your heart , because you can't stop what will be , it's the nature of things .

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Beauty_HairyBeast

Working in Emergency Medicine for a number of years and on a personal level with family and friends - yes.

Just before the soul leaves the body - you can in fact 'see' that 'look' in their eyes.

It's like they're caught in between seeing something we can't - and then - the give in and go.

Very hard to explain but yes, I've witnessed that 'realization' you know you're leaving this earth turn to the vacant 'I'm gone now' - too many times. But, in some instances it's very peaceful. In others? Terrifying. Made me believe beyond a shadow of a doubt in the afterlife and 'heaven'.

edit on 5331Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Beauty_HairyBeast

its happened to me quite a few times. i can't explain it but theres just something about the eyes, like the candle light has blown out? emptiness, dull. when its happened to me they have been dead in a few days.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join