It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing Death In Someone's Eyes. Have you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ok so roughly 3 months ago I took my son to our local hospital for an appointment as we were leaving I happened to notice someone I had briefly known as a teenager. She was sat in a chair waiting to be called in (Im not sure what for) and as I looked at her she looked straight at me, not recognising me as I did her.
It was a brief glance, I turned to my husband and said she looks like she is dying, her pupils were very large and she looked frightened.
We left the hospital and spoke no more about it but it bugged me because I felt I should have spoken to her (I didnt because I have a photographic memory for faces, never forget a face in my life and thought she probably would not remember me)
I found out online that she died early this month (she was the same age as me, only 32 - too young to die) and ever since finding out Ive felt a sadness that just wont leave me.

So now I have questions -

Is it possible to see death in someones eyes before they pass away? (I believe it is and for me it was the second time)
For what reason did I see this? Is it a sixth sense, a curse or a blessing?

Has anyone had a similar experience with this?

Thanks for reading
edit on 26-10-2010 by Beauty_HairyBeast because: added to title - Have you?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

It Is not uncommon for humans to feel "Empathy'' for another human or even an animal. I have this ability,and have told friends that their pet had death in their eyes,only for it to die the next day. Some are just more in tuned to this than others,and it shows you are very in tune with your senses. Don't worry about it,it's a gift.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Yes I have a similiar experience.
A friend of mine got sick and I could see it in her eyes that the end might be coming for her.
I kept telling myself I was wrong but in hindsight I wasn't.
Maybe I was just being optimistic.

I had to leave to go to another city to train for a sport I was competing in.
I came back after a month and she died while I was gone.

Before I left we had lunch together and that was the last time I saw her.
I think she knew it was the last time we would see each other.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

I do pick up on others emotions very easily and have done for a long time. It kind of feels like a curse at the minute because not a day goes by without this bugging me. Maybe its guilt for not speaking with her I dont know but it sure dont feel like a gift.
Thanks for replying

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have not personally experienced this however I do feel that sometimes a person can sense their own death even when nothing is wrong. A few years ago a good friend of mine was going on a motorcycle trip with some forum members to Deals Gap (extremely curvy road famous in the motorsport culture), He wanted me to go with him but I didn't have the finances for the trip at the time.

Before he left my sister in law was speaking with him and said "See you in a few days.".

His response still makes the hair stand on end.

"Maybe not."

Could be coincidence, but he died on that trip.

I still live with guilt from his passing as I failed to return a few of his phone calls before he left, now It's too late. I won't lie I tried calling his phone multiple times lookingfor a miracle.

The guilt will pass, this world is completely unpredictable and you cannot wast precious time thinking about the what ifs, it's much more enjoyable to enjoy what is.
edit on 26-10-2010 by Exodus2pt0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yes I do believe that some people know they're going to die, and some will off course be very frightened by this.

Back in 1991 I had visited my grandfather and when it was time for me to go home I said "goodbye, we'll see each other tomorrow."

He said "yes, see you tomorrow".

My sister then got over and said "goodbye, we'll see you tomorrow".

He said "no, we won't".

We were just kids at that time so we didn't pay much attention to it.

The day after we came back to our grandparents and my grandfather apparently slept in late so I was told to go and wake him up.
I couldn't - he had passed away in his sleep.

Another freaky part of this story is that both my mother and my father's sister had dreamt that night that he died.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Yes I have a similiar experience.
A friend of mine got sick and I could see it in her eyes that the end might be coming for her.
I kept telling myself I was wrong but in hindsight I wasn't.
Maybe I was just being optimistic.

I had to leave to go to another city to train for a sport I was competing in.
I came back after a month and she died while I was gone.

Before I left we had lunch together and that was the last time I saw her.
I think she knew it was the last time we would see each other.

Thanks for sharing! It was good that you were able to have lunch with her before you left. I understand how you say you kept telling yourself you were wrong because at the time I felt really bad for even thinking it let alone saying it to my husband.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Hi,

Sorry that you had to undergo that. I have a personal belief that our eyes tell much more than we usually understand. They seem to be a window into our inner selves. Have never 'seen' death but have seen severe sickness. Have also seen blatent 'lies'.

On a more positive note I have seen the opposite - once walked past an attractive young woman (oh, probably around 34) in Berlin - it was minus 20. She was dressed in a heavy coat and hat and only her (attractive ) face was showing. In the one minute it took for us to pass I saw that she could see me looking at her and her eyes literally 'lit up' and a broad smile appeared.... given that I was then around 58.. the way it automatically happend really hit me.

Also not sure if you have noticed but less and less people seem to try and gain/maintain eye contact there days?

Peace!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I think death happens in stages. Life leaves us a little at a time until it is all gone. I have seen the eyes of an animal seem to sink back into the head and they focus on something I cannot see. Some of the life leaves them and it is apparent in the eyes. I have seen people who had a look of death looming over them and soon enough they die but I am around old folks much of the time and so this is no great surprise.

In answer, I think it is possible to see death in the eyes or more accurately, "the absence of life" shining through as vibrantly as it once did.

I don't think it is either a gift or a curse but a matter of looking closely and observing details which may or may not be totally lost on others.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Doctors consider these abilities psychiatric disturbances,and would put many people on medication to suppress these types of abilities that so many fear. Get a few books on Your sixth sense. There are ways to understand it better,but you need to learn to cultivate it in a positive way.

It did seem like a curse to me for many years when i was young,but i learned how to develop my abilities,and live with them. They may even save your own life one day,and it could be a calling for you as well.
edit on 26-10-2010 by CASH69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthhunter80

Thanks for sharing and I believe people do sense when death is close but this was different because I saw death in her eyes.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

I think death happens in stages. Life leaves us a little at a time until it is all gone. I have seen the eyes of an animal seem to sink back into the head and they focus on something I cannot see. Some of the life leaves them and it is apparent in the eyes. I have seen people who had a look of death looming over them and soon enough they die but I am around old folks much of the time and so this is no great surprise.

In answer, I think it is possible to see death in the eyes or more accurately, "the absence of life" shining through as vibrantly as it once did.

I don't think it is either a gift or a curse but a matter of looking closely and observing details which may or may not be totally lost on others.

The absence of life is a very good way of explaining it, like a light has gone out. When my nan had cancer in its final stages I saw the same look in her eyes but at that time we all knew she was going to die (this was years ago) so to see it again in someone so young and who didnt look frail/fragile like many old do before they pass away was a shock that has left me questioning life and death all over again.

That look in someones eyes is a look you can never forget!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave

Hi,

Sorry that you had to undergo that. I have a personal belief that our eyes tell much more than we usually understand. They seem to be a window into our inner selves. Have never 'seen' death but have seen severe sickness. Have also seen blatent 'lies'.

On a more positive note I have seen the opposite - once walked past an attractive young woman (oh, probably around 34) in Berlin - it was minus 20. She was dressed in a heavy coat and hat and only her (attractive ) face was showing. In the one minute it took for us to pass I saw that she could see me looking at her and her eyes literally 'lit up' and a broad smile appeared.... given that I was then around 58.. the way it automatically happend really hit me.

Also not sure if you have noticed but less and less people seem to try and gain/maintain eye contact there days?

Peace!

It is said that the eyes are windows to the soul and I feel there is a lot of truth in that saying. I guess some people have a natural flare for spotting a liar, fake etc along with reading body language ( which sometimes is all you need to see to know ).

Thanks for replying and sharing.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

and yes people like to have very little eye contact these days, I do agree.

2nd

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
Is it possible to see death in someones eyes before they pass away?

Definately. I saw it once AS a person passed away.
The You Tube of Neda Agha Soltan showing when she was shot in Iran and died.
You could see the light go out of her eyes .. this brave woman.
She should have gotten the Nobel Peace Prize.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Hi,

I think some are more aware than others - so what might be a 6th sense to some really is no more than being observant, caring and empathetic? Some people can 'smell fear'.

Again sorry if you saw and 'knew' this but your communication with her what was supposed to happen (or, in this case not happen).

I also re-read your original post - you mentioned seeing 'fear' - that is no more than the person 'knowing' .

Peace!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CASH69

Doctors consider these abilities psychiatric disturbances,and would put many people on medication to suppress these types of abilities that so many fear. Get a few books on Your sixth sense. There are ways to understand it better,but you need to learn to cultivate it in a positive way.

It did seem like a curse to me for many years when i was young,but i learned how to develop my abilities,and live with them. They may even save your own life one day,and it could be a calling for you as well.
edit on 26-10-2010 by CASH69 because: (no reason given)

What kind of psychiatric disturbances do you mean? I would never go to my doctors and tell her about this, not because I think she would think I'd gone completely mad but purely because I know she would not be able to comprehend unless she'd had a similar experience. If you have not experienced something how can you relate to it. Closed minds are another story!
I know I have no choice but to live with this and I know this wont be the last time I see death in someones eyes but how do you learn to develop it and why would I want to do that?

Im definately gonna look more into the sixth sense.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave

Hi,

I think some are more aware than others - so what might be a 6th sense to some really is no more than being observant, caring and empathetic? Some people can 'smell fear'.

Again sorry if you saw and 'knew' this but your communication with her what was supposed to happen (or, in this case not happen).

I also re-read your original post - you mentioned seeing 'fear' - that is no more than the person 'knowing' .

Peace!

Yes some are more aware/observant than others. Her eyes were nearly black due to the pupil being so large!

For all I knew this girl may have been scared of say a test she was going in for that day not necessarily scared because she knew she was going to die though? Its is also possible that she did know!

Peace :-)
edit on 26-10-2010 by Beauty_HairyBeast because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2010 by Beauty_HairyBeast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Hi,

What was the second time? (Sorry but I used to be an IT consultant...)

Peace!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

The first time I saw death was in my nans eyes but we all knew she was going to die. This was the second time but I had not seen this girl for years and did not know what was wrong only that she was unwell because she happened to be in the hospital wearing a hospital gown

top topics

<<   2 >>

join