It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead Is Upon Us

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
baby point seems so dramatic, i am so of good shows becoming drama's I think its mostly just to attract another democratic

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
The only way the baby subplot will be interesting, to me at least, is if they use it somehow to learn about the disease. Maybe it will be half zombie... kidding, mostly.

Is there a link to read/see this interview?

Maybe it will be. I read Monster Island by David Wellington online for free a while ago (www.davidwellington.net...). In that there were some smart zombies. The smart zombies were created when people "died" while on a respirator. The normal zombies were only "dumb" because their brains died due to lack of oxygen when they died. The respirators kept their blood oxygenated and preserved their brains.

Maybe the main character did die like Shane said, but the machines he was hooked up to preserved is brain functions; that's what doctor Jenner whispered to him. So, when the baby that everyone predicts that his wife is growing is born, we find that it's half zombie.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

And that is what was in the comic- that everyone was already infected regardless. Kind of a 'dormant' infection that surfaces upon death. A bite just makes things quicker. lol

This would make more sense. A virus that is just transmitted by bite, etc. is really not virulent enough to be spread in the short time mentioned. However, if airborne, then triggered by death, then makes sense.

Thing is though, given the video shown, it would seem that head shots wouldn't be enough, you'd have to be sure to hit the brain stem, to stop the walker, but eh...I could just be picky....

I read a book one time (I think it was called Xombies). The zombie infection was in everyone because it was caused by a runaway nano-tech. However, it was held dormant by oxygen.

I could see the zombie infection in the Walking Dead being caused by nano-machines. The infection video they showed didn't seem "normal".

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

wow thats a great point. never thought of that one. that would make sence.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join