It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead Is Upon Us

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Was only a handful of episodes, as they didn't order a full season. They just left the CDC building, if that helps, after it blew up. (assuming the same happened in the comic).

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Nope can't remember that. Have they come across a farm or a walled in housing estate?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The CDC bit wasn't in the comic at all. I think what was supposed to happen next was the gated community but I can't remember.

And that is what was in the comic- that everyone was already infected regardless. Kind of a 'dormant' infection that surfaces upon death. A bite just makes things quicker. lol

However, the production team said not to make anything dependent on the comic since they will be changing so many things around.

Like Daryl (my favorite
) and his brother Merle weren't even apart of the original. The CDC was new, too. A few character changes but nothing extreme.

So far, it has stayed somewhat true to the comics. In fact, the premiere was almost a shot by shot of the first comic. Then things started to differ. And the production team said there will be a lot of surprises the comic fans won't suspect since they will begin to deviate quite a bit.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I suppose a direct take of the comic would be to slow for TV but then they show soaps each week, I don't know, guess I will have to put the comics out of mind when watching.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by camaro68ss

He may have been looking to see if one was immune. Nothing is entirely 100% effective (although some, like Rabies) come damn close... Still though, even if a disease is 99.9% effective, then 1 in 1000 are immune, so that's saying something.

everyone is already infected and will turn when they die even if they do not get bit.

That was basically my original guess when watching the episode, though the pregnancy twist is neat. Still though, the above would explain more, and why he's willing to die that way...

So, the "live" virus (i.e. from a walker host) kills, but the more latent form of it, reanimates? (perhaps).

I wonder if immunity + this response is how our hero "survived" his coma? Otherwise, it's real fishy, as we saw in the flashback, that from the day the SHTF, he had no life support (so no feeding, water, etc. most likely).

So, what's the thing he's told in the comic?

edit on 6-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

you could be on to something there at the end. i did not think about that. it could have been a fluk he was able to live or he is infected some how and that helped him

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
His wife being pregnant is probable but I think the location of a possible safe house or community is most likely. I doubt every one ran or committed suicide they would have ran some where there would have been a base or some thing. He could have also have said that perhaps his wife was assualted with what happened in the rec room

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

And that is what was in the comic- that everyone was already infected regardless. Kind of a 'dormant' infection that surfaces upon death. A bite just makes things quicker. lol

This would make more sense. A virus that is just transmitted by bite, etc. is really not virulent enough to be spread in the short time mentioned. However, if airborne, then triggered by death, then makes sense.

Thing is though, given the video shown, it would seem that head shots wouldn't be enough, you'd have to be sure to hit the brain stem, to stop the walker, but eh...I could just be picky....

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

what the virus is, if infected now or after death, i still would be like the rest of the group and want to live as long as posible. you never know if you might find a cure or a large comunity that accepts you in.

I cant belive the two laidys wanted to stay behind and get blown up. i guess im just wired different and want to live every possible last second, unless im in extream pain and going to die from wounds anyway then ill ask for a quick death.

what would you guys do?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

"The Walking Dead" season finale Sunday had 6 million viewers, the highest for any AMC series, and scored higher in the 18-49 demo than any drama series in basic cable history

www.thewrap.com...

The prior AMC record was for the premiere, which brought in 5.3 million viewers.

To put these numbers in perspective, Mad Men's October finale brought in was 2.44 million viewers.

Unfortunately, since a second season wasn't picked up until midway through the first 13 episodes, it looks like season two won't begin until Halloween 2011.

One of the producers was recently interviewed about the finale and, when asked about the secret whispered into Rick's ear, he said that the good doctor simply said "the doors aren't really locked."

When pressed about the possibility of a pregnancy, he basically said to the interviewer that the actually happens early in the graphic novels and he (the interviewer) should have done more research.

That, to me, pretty much confirms the secret.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the pregnancy angle is the most likely. I'm just going to hate it because the love triangle between the three of them bores me to tears. One of the producers also stated that the information given in the whisper is going to be a major part of the next season so I cringe at the thought that their little love triangle will be at the center of more drama than it already has been.

Shane technically should have been dead by now but the producers wanted to keep him around longer than in the comics since there is so much that can be done with his character. Unfortunately, that 'so much' has to do with the love triangle aspect.

So I'm really hoping the whisper doesn't have to do with Lori's pregnancy or Shane's attempted assault on Lori but I have a horrible feeling it will.
edit on 12/7/2010 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

yeah i agree, to much drama boars me as well. one thing im scared of is it turns into a show with "Lost" aspects in it. I hated that show, i could not stand it after the first season. TO MUCH DRAMA! i hate the blame games and the stupidness of all the arguments. I just hope this does not turn out that way. there doing a good job at not doing that so far.

Please make the show to tell a story not get ratings. shows that just want ratings boar me as well. A great show that ended when it should have was BSG "battlestar Galatica" BSG is and always will be my fav.
edit on 7-12-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Halloween next year? Well, lets just see how well such a long hiatus works, huh? (i.e. we'll see with V, when it returns)... Strike while the iron is hot you dolts....

I cant belive the two laidys wanted to stay behind and get blown up. i guess im just wired different and want to live every possible last second, unless im in extream pain and going to die from wounds anyway then ill ask for a quick death.

what would you guys do?

Seems to me that if "checking out" is in your make-up, you wouldn't have lasted long enough to be with this group...you would have opted out ages ago...so it makes these two's decision all the more difficult to understand. Granted, the added confirmation that it really has gone to hell EVERYWHERE may be enough to flip the switch though.

For me, I'd personally soldier on, find a good fortified location, then slowly and surely keep expanding my perimeter of "clean" territory. (supplementing with supply raids on nearby targets, and growing our own food, etc.)...As for getting out of the CDC, without the grenade, I simply would have fired at the glass in the same spot and broken it. I can't believe these idiots didn't realize the impact of "decontamination" when he first said it...hehe... I would have been "so, how do we disconnect the mechanism, eh?" and then gone on some fuel runs for those generators.

reply to post by camaro68ss

I must be the only geek who DOESN'T like the new BSG... I like my Cylons to say, "By your command", and be all shiny...not human looking. I mean, if so many Cylons were on the Galactica, we'd have never survived, right? Part of the old show, is that they are running and hiding from them. If on board, then they'd know right where they were, which takes away the only edge they had.... I just don't get it. (not to mention same names, different sexes, etc. confusion)...just too weird (and the episode I watched, was more like West Wing in Space...I don't even think I saw any kind of Viper/Cylon dogfight action....) WTF?
edit on 7-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Im hoping that it doesnt evolve into a drama also, I didnt like the whole wife beater type thing thrown in and tension between the ex lovers. Its good in small doses but to just have whole episodes with just drama and crying will suck and like it was said we dont want it to go in the lost direction. If it keeps with the same pace now (40% drama/60%action) its good. Pregnancy angle seems so boring right now

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
If the doctor really said "the doors aren't really locked." it took him a long time to say it... and why did they have to blow up the window? Of course it makes for better tv to have an explosion...but the safety of the group was at stake... whatever, I think the guy was "throwing them off" plus if he was unimpressed with the interviewer.......

I hope they don't wait for Halloween, they are bound to lose viewers who are bound to find new shows or just forget about it.

As others have said the whole triangle thing is too "soap opera-ish".

It was asked "what would we do" ... I know I wouldn't blow myself up. Maybe I have worked in a hospital [lab] too long but seems there is always hope.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I can't believe the producer was serious when he said the whisper was about the doors not really being locked. lol There's no way. He has to have been teasing.

In one interview, the producers admitted that not even they have decided on what the whisper will entail although (unfortunately) they are leaning towards the pregnancy angle and are really excited about that subplot.

Which is going to suck if next season turns into a Maury Povich saga of 'Who's The Father?!' lol

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've been caught up in it and my fear is that given the length of time before the next episodes, they'll overthink it and foul it up. I agree, turning it into some soapy, "The Dead and the Beautiful" will ruin it, for me. You know the triangle will have to be addressed, but the more they can minimize it, the better.

I'm waiting for Merle to show up waving a hook around, leading a battalion of undead, looking for bloody retribution.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

he was kidding. it was obvious in the interview.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I understand. There is no way that could have been serious. My post was in response to the one above mine analyzing it as if it was an actual possibility.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

if they do the "who’s the father" for more than one episode it will turn me off so fast! the babies mommy daddy thing is over played to much. so im good for it in one episode but to draw it out over two or three episodes ill be over the whole show. I think the writers are smarter then that to do that to us

they clam the AMC viewers are a smarter view so i hope they use that when writing season two and not make it for a mind numbing audience that enjoy watching "lost" or the "event"

the Event was good for the first 2-3 episodes then there was to much chasing and running around. I dropped that like a bad habit.

edit on 8-12-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The only way the baby subplot will be interesting, to me at least, is if they use it somehow to learn about the disease. Maybe it will be half zombie... kidding, mostly.

Is there a link to read/see this interview?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join