It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead Is Upon Us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df38458b7d1c.jpg[/atsimg]

So a couple of years ago my girlfriend, unsure what to get me for my birthday, stumbles upon this comic. Knowing that I have an unhealthy obsession with Zombies she decides to buy me this book 'The Walking Dead' and since then I have been hooked. I just can't get enough of the consistently grim, yet hopeful adventures of Rick Grimes and his family.

Better than any zombie movie I've ever seen (sorry Romero) this story was so epic, and it had that ingredient missing from every zombie movie I've ever known and loved, that being it never ends...

So a few pointless years pass and until I get a text from my brother "they are doing a Walking Dead TV series and it sounds awesome." So I get onto IMDB to confirm and to my delight it was not a cruel wind up!

Now the time is nearly upon us to revel in the majesty that is The Walking Dead series in a full moving image art form. On the 31st of October the pilot will be broadcast in America to the joy of millions of comic and general zombie fans alike (I agree the two are usually part and parcel).

However for us poor UK citizens once again we will have to wait until some shrewd TV exec picks up the series and broadcasts it on to our television screens. For those of you with Sky you will be able to check it out on FX next week.

Unfortunately for me I have no Sky and most importantly no FX channel. So what do I do? Get it up on SurfTheChannel and using a video cable from my laptop transfer it over to the flat screen? It may be my only option unless you know of an alternative.

Anyway if you haven't heard check it out and I highly recommended reading the comics, particularly if you can get your hands on the hardback issues, there are five out now to my knowledge. Perhaps the TV series will never compare to my own imagination, but I am looking forward to finding out. Props to the Walker Brothers too, great choice for the trailer!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77f56b43c490.jpg[/atsimg]

www.imdb.com...

screenrant.com...
edit on 2-11-2010 by Gazrok because: Edited title, as is now a current show.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This has to be on my list of most anticipated television shows of all time. I'm a huge fan of the graphic novels. It looks like they're being pretty faithful to the source material too. They even have 'Bicycle Zombie' from volume one.

edit on 26-10-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
i cannot wait my love for zombies will satiated once more ive robert kirkman and love the series and even his marvel zmbies saga you guys should check a new anime called high school of the dead its a pretty good one great post this series will need fan support to succeed

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
YES! I cant wait to watch it. me and my friends have been counting the days

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm hoping they stay faithful but I suppose they've got to take a bit of poetic license here and there. The only thing I could see changing is the dialogue just make it flow a bit better for TV. Although saying that, I haven't seen any mention of Tyrese yet and he was one of my favourites! Unless he has become that T-Dog guy... I'm not sure if I'll enjoy that, but still I have high hopes.

Does anyone else feel really sorry for Rick? Puts his neck on the line for everybody and the thanks he gets, people think he's crazy!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Thanks for posting the video Mactire it was awesome! That girl must be commended for her patience I don't know how they do it. The makeup artists are outstanding too. Glad they didn't go for the all out CGI. I'm an old school make up and animatronics man myself!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
cant wait to see it...

thx for sharing

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Some behind the scenes footage of the show.

edit on 26-10-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Very excited, cant wait to see how this goes. Over the last few years we really havent had any thing good in terms of zombie films. A couple romero films where OK but nothing on a big scale/budget since 28 weeks later. I think this should be welcomed. Is the first episode a 2 hour premier?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just saw a preview of this....looks great! Can't wait, already programmed on the DVR, woo hoo!

Just what this zombiphile needs!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

At least now you can get your weekly fix of zombies without rooting through the DVD collection.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm in the uk too... have no Sky TV and cannot wait for this.
Gonna have to find somewhere online to watch it.

The comics rock so really hoping they'll do it justice.

Did just find the Pilot online, I'm just gonna see if it's any good myself, might have to buffer for a bit?

www.wisevid.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I know, right? I just watched Day of the Dead the other day...to get into the Halloween mood. Will go see Paranormal 2 tonight I think (maybe even a double feature with Saw 3D, if the wife isn't too sleepy that late)...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Sounds like a good night. Watching Full Metal Jacket right now, love a bit of Kubrick.

I've got Dawn of the Dead, the Exorcist, and for a bit of comic relief the Frighteners. That's Halloween night sorted.
Just gotta make the gingerbread zombies.

Blupblup I'm in the same boat if you find anywhere with a decent online version post it up, an I'll do the same. Just saw a clip for it in the new Sky TV advert, literally like 2 seconds but man it looks good!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Wow wow wow!

Blupblup is that the actually first episode? I just checked out your link!

I've gotta wait for the missus to get home or she will never forgive me. Bloody hell though thanks for that!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Yeah watched it last night..... VERY cool.

It's the pre air pilot

Can't remember which link I watched it on now.... but there are a few to flick through here.

It was on one of these links... had to buffer for about 40 mins, so put it on and cook dinner or something.
Or maybe there's a link there where you don't have to buffer.... have a dig around mate.

Here is the megavideo link
www.megavideo.com...

A few more
mytvsource.blogspot.com...

A load more
www.sidereel.com...

Don't worry mate, We;ll get by with the internet.... we'll find them somehow

edit on 29/10/10 by blupblup because: To add more links

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Rigging up the laptop to the big TV today, bolting the doors, turning off the phone and watching The Walking Dead!

Thanks again for the info blupblup! You're right we will do just fine with the ole internet connection... Desperate times and all that!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Just watched the first episode! Fantastic is all I can say, great acting close enough to the story for my nerdier side, and really atmospheric. Surprisingly too, I felt an emotional connection to the characters, a real testament to the caliber of acting. Needless to say I am very happy with proceedings.

Props again to my man blupblup me an the missus are indebted to you sir!

If you haven't watched it yet stick it on and see what you think! Cheers for all the replies folks, and have a happy Halloween!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It's great isn't it? and there are quite a few slight changes but nothing major... and nothing that (so far) is annoying or anything.

It was very atmospheric and I can see this series getting better and better.

Glad you watched it and glad the links were ok

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
About to watch it very soon, good to know that its getting good feedback from every one. Will have some feed back too very soon!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join