It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. plans the world's biggest embassy - in Baghdad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The dissolution of the Coalition Provisional Authority at the end of June will not mean the end of the US presence in Iraq - far from it.

The beginning of July will see the official launch of the US embassy in Baghdad, which many are describing at the largest US diplomatic mission in the world.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Yikes! Talk about building a lightning rod in the middle of an electrical storm. I know we have to show our resolve, but this is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It'll attract bombers like flies to sh!t.....

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
so what.

Don't you think that we've staked enough there already, why shouldn't we have a 'huge" emabssy there ?

Sorry, I just don't see this as a big deal, find something else and try again.

Yeah, I know it'll get bombed and shot at and everything else, that doesn't bother me either, this country wasts so much money, I just don't care what they spend it on anymore.

[edit on 27-6-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BOHICA
The dissolution of the Coalition Provisional Authority at the end of June will not mean the end of the US presence in Iraq - far from it.

The beginning of July will see the official launch of the US embassy in Baghdad, which many are describing at the largest US diplomatic mission in the world.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Yikes! Talk about building a lightning rod in the middle of an electrical storm. I know we have to show our resolve, but this is ridiculous.

I agree. I wonder if the new embassy will be one of Sadams underground bunkers? Seems sensable to me.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It sounds like a palace Saddam used to have.

new topics

top topics

join