It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pink-ribbon campaign’s dirty little secret, Big Pharma all over it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yes, for years we have learn to know the littler pink ribbon during October, specially if you are a cancer surviver, are a women or know somebody that have die of that terrible disease.

But what many people doesn't know is the whole propaganda behind the "Cancer Awareness" that started when AstralCeneca launched their first cancer pill to treat breast cancer.

In all the years that the pink ribbon campaign has been around the numbers of cancer survivors do not add up.

Breast Cancer Awareness Month is now 26 years old. In the 26 years since it was launched by AstraZeneca to help sell the company’s cancer drugs, it’s been a wild success — for AstraZeneca and anyone else who makes money off cancer screenings and treatments.

But when it comes to saving lives and curing disease, it’s been a miserable failure. Up to 15 lives are ruined with unnecessary and deforming breast-chopping surgeries and poisonous radiation treatments for every life “saved.”

And even then, there’s no guarantee that the one life “saved” was actually the result of early detection and brutal mainstream treatments — because plenty of them were actually CAUSED by the radioactive and tumor-bursting screenings in the first place.

There’s something you won’t hear anywhere else this month!

Still AstraCeneca wants to keep pushing pills on women that have not need for them, also they want women to get screenings from dangerous machines that can increase cancer risk even if they don't have any risk yet.

Dirty, dirty AstraCeneca they are no in the business of saving lives they are in the business of selling drugs.

douglassreport.com...

DEATH BY PROPAGANDA

How cancer treatment supporters with big pharma and government bought out politicians are cashing on the death of Americans.

The plain fact of the matter is that the American Cancer Society is not in the business of finding the causes and the cures for cancer. It is in the business of raising money to spread around to any entity that wants to support the agenda of keeping cancer a money-making proposition. According to Prevent Cancer Coalition (PCC) and others who have been critical of Cancer Incorporated, the ACS is not only the wealthiest “non-profit” with assets close to a billion dollars, it focuses only on improving access to screening (drumming up more customers), diagnosis and treatment (read: more use of medical services, particularly drugs) and not on real prevention, thanks to its alliances and financial dependence on the cancer industry.

www.newswithviews.com...

edit on 26-10-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm giving your thread a bump here, friend.

Wait til they get a bang-up drug for prostate cancer, then we'll see a blue-ribbon campaign from a drug-peddling company.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Great thread, marg! This is one reason I (as a breast cancer survivor) have absolutely NOTHING to do with the current Breast Cancer Awareness phenomenon. Anything Big Pharma can get their hands on, they will. And they will take great advantage of people to do so.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I do not want to be too contoversial in a thread that is so sensitive to people and in all honesty i don't really know enough about the charity or the drugs you are talking about to have an opinion but i did read last year of a drug that cancer patients were being refused due to the cost of it. What are your opinions on this if any? Is this the same drug you are talking of? This is agenuine question and not a jibe, i hope it doesn't come across that way as i have lost family members to this horrible disease.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I know you are a cancer survivor and I am very glad you beat this terrible disease. I wrote this article because one year ago I fell victim of the cancer screening propaganda, yes, while is not breast cancer in my family, I started to do volunteer work for our local main hospital breast cancer unit.

There I saw how many procedures are done daily, most of them unnecessary, in all the years that I have been screened for cancer I never had an abnormal screening until I started to work in that place.

Well interesting even with my conspiracy mind at full gear the scare of just having cancer make me accept what it was sold to me by the cancer screening.

Yes I came out with something suspicious, that I knew I had since I was a teen, when I voiced that, then miraculously two more Areas of interest show up all in the same breast, my doctor send me to an oncologist even when it was not even diagnosed as cancer.

With all the scare, I submitted my self to one of the most painful biopsy I every had, to find out later on, that it was all for nothing

I have decided that I will get cancer screening test every 5 years for now on and I will request the newest machines with less radiation also, even if I have to pay for it.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

No, AstraCeneca started the breast awareness campaign 26 years ago, when they came out with a new line of cancer drugs for breast cancer.

In other words their propaganda was nothing but to boost profits and so is the pink ribbon campaign under the umbrella of saving lives.

Now the campaign is a big multi billion dollar enterprises to get women to submit to many times unnecessary procedures that can actually damage their breast and can cause the cancer they are selling to prevent.

edit on 26-10-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I've always been suspicious of the whole Susan G Komen corporation and why they seem to double in publicity every year. I've looked over their website and have downloaded and reviewed their IRS filings (903,903c) but I'm no financial wizard. I noticed they list less than 300 employees and over 10,000 volunteers. Line 15 of form 990 for 2009 (Salaries, other compensation, employee benefits) = $16,033,568.

That's over 16 million dollars for 289 employees?????

Link to Komen.org financial statements
edit on 26-10-2010 by TXRabbit because: added link

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Oh, that one I have to agree, my father have prostate cancer, but is slow growing, he had it for 10 years, my grandfather had the same cancer he had it for 25 years, he died from old age or hart failure no from the cancer, but boy oh boy big pharma wanted to get on that cancer with pills and surgeries that he refuse to have.

My father does get treatment.

Now is a new drug that can extend life for those that are terminal cost about 90 thousand dollars, but it only extends life for 4 months.

What I was reading about this is how this "new drug" will become a burden on the tax payer once the health care reform comes to be.

As it will be available for terminal prostate cancer patients that otherwise will not afford it.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

OMG im actually really shocked. When i first read this post i thought, thats ridiculous but it actually makes so much sense. Its so sick but im not surprised as there are so many people who would do anything, literally anything to get rich.

Well done for bringing this to our attention. My mum has recently been a victim of these so called check ups and its actually disgusted me that they could do this. It does make you wonder hwere the rest of the money you give to charity goes as we all know they only give a percentage to the cancer research/victims etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Everything done in this nation of the great USA is all about money, profits and propaganda, sadly even I fell for it.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Someone mentioned advertising and how it has increased for the SGK campaign. Advertising is what gives all of the big players in society today the grip that they have on us. Government, corporations, Insurance companies.... they all beat their messages into our heads daily, telling us what to buy, what to support and what to THINK.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Screw breast cancer awareness....what about breast cancer prevention? Big Pharma can shove it. Stop exposing yourself to so much toxicities, including what you eat...Turn away mass produced crap and go to a farmer's market or find a community co-op. I blame the acidity in human diets especially. I think if more people focused on alkalizing their diets, cancer would be less of an issue.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Propaganda is such a power tool in the hands of the ones that can afford it.

You have not idea how I spend two months of my life, after the "positive screening" my blood pressure went up, I could not sleep, eat and became anxious.

This things can be more dangerous to your health than anything else as they will linger longer.

The sad thing is that deep inside I knew it was nothing wrong with me.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I wrote an extermely long post that seemed like it should be very interesting in this thread. Then my cat stepped on the mouse and sent me back a page. I lost it all.

So I'm just going to say look up "Jim High Tower Breast Cancer." You will come up with an interesting article from 1993. After you read that do a search on Imperial Chemical Industries. They are doing something similar. Their's seems even more diabolical though.

Imagine a company developing chemicals that are linked to cancer. Then they open a pharma company and develop a breast cancer drug. For the trifecta the start funneling millions in to a "National Breast Cancer Awareness Month" campaign. During their campaign they talk about heredity, fatty diets, and hormones. However, they never mention avoiding the poisons they produce.

Sounds like the perfect set up for a techno thriller, or a John Grisham book. Sadly it is the real world.
edit on 26-10-2010 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Very interesting if you can please post a link, this getting very strange by the post.

Is many articles that shows that people have been been able to fight cancer all in their own without expensive drugs.

Many autopsy today comes out with people having cancer but they never been diagnosed as the cancer never spread at all.

I believe diet, specially processed foods, pollution, even drug treatments and procedures increases the Cancers of cancer.

But all this is man made.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Jim Hightower Short Essay
Hightower in Houston Newspaper

Imperial Chemical Industries Wiki

Astra Zeneca is actually a spin off of ICI.

Those are some links that will give you a good starting point. I didn't realize that Astra Zeneca was a "demerged" spin off of of ICI untill today. So, in a way Astra Zeneca has been at the forefront of this from day one.

edit on 26-10-2010 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Most cancers are caused by environmental factors, however, you will never hear an oncologist tell you to avoid the very things that probably caused your cancer. If one brings up the subject, the oncologist will usually change the subject or just not reply.

Also, good idea to get the less harmful scan, even if you have to pay. Many people are not aware of the high levels of radiation that they receive during CT scans, and that these scans, if used too frequently, can cause cancer.

Ironic, they are exposing us to cancer causing radiation, while they check us for cancer. Our medial system is a joke, they give us the cancer, then we pay for the treatments, all while the corporations make a handsome profit.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

While I understand your opininon about large pharmaceutical companies and the greed that go along with them, Isn't still a good thing for this disease to get this kind of attention?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I am beginning to see a new field of study worthy of becoming a regular part of high school curriculum and university; namely the way that a corporatocracy works, how it has taken over not just America, but the world, and how just about every social problem we have can be traced back to corporate greed and manipulation.

Every child in school and young adult in university should be fore-armed with information about this and strategies to bring about needed change. Of course the corporations funding education would never support this, and so it is up to us to spread the word.

Whether its breast cancer, heart problems, or whatever, there is almost always a cause related to chemical polution in the food and products we use combined and a couch-potato lifestyle. The chemicals are everywhere and people haven't given enough thought about the risks.

Thanks for bringing this issue into the limelight.

edit to add: Agreed that one of the most prevalent sources of dangerous chemicals is the so-called treatments that the Pharmaceutical and medical industry has foisted on everyone. Those tv ads should be made illegal again.
edit on 10/28/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Yes is good that breast cancer and many other diseases gets attention, but the whole issue is that it wasn't until Astra Seneca came out with the idea to treat cancer in womens breast that they make this particular disease a "priority" now independent studies are showing that while breast cancer has been around since women have breasts it also has increase since the mammography screenings started this should raise a big flag for women as the same procedures that ensure the early detention of breast cancer may be indeed causing breast cancer, then you have big pharma with pills to do the treatment.

Sad but truth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join