It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks To Publish Classified Documents from Russia, China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

WikiLeaks To Publish Classified Documents from Russia, China

english.ruvr.ru

The WikiLeaks website, which provoked a scandal by posting the Pentagon’s classified documents about US military action in Iraq and Afghanistan, says it will gather and make public documents from Russia, China and other countries.

This came in a statement by the site founder’s assistant Kristinn Hrafnsson in an interview with the Russian Kommersant daily.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.independent.co.uk
topnews360.t mcnet.com
online.wsj.com
online.wsj.com

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Scandalous WikiLeaks.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Now to release classified documents from China and Russia?

At present time, the infamous website does not feature documents concerning Russia.

At least a dozen key supporters of the website are known to have left in recent months. They say Wikileaks has ignored reams of new exposés because so much attention has been paid to the Iraq and Afghan conflicts.

The heavily encrypted arm of the website that allows users to safely send information to the organisation has been offline for four weeks, making new submissions impossible

In a related article,

WikiLeaks says it will soon publish 15,000 more secret Afghan war documents.

And we cant forget Cryptome.org.

WikiLeaks publishes top-secret documents about government and corporate intrigue.

Then there is John Young, who publishes documents about WikiLeaks.

And what about Young? WikiLeaks estranged co-founder ?
cryptome.org...

english.ruvr.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Ooo, the hype for this one is starting early I see.

They usually go for the 1-2 month in advance notice, this one (if legit) won't be seen for at least a few months, if not more. Got to get the word out as far as possible, as soon as possible. Still haven't found anything on this leak other than that link, probably best to reserve judgment. I wonder if the Russian and Chinese secret service's will be as lenient with vulnerable Wikileaks staffers if these leaks are published and if they are damning.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well, and that is what i noticed. This batch of "leaks" relates more to how America is justified in its actions. The WMD thing is a great example.

I view Assange in the same light that I view Brian Williams. He says interesting things, but i just don't know his intentions.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I could see Russia using uranium to poison the founders of wikileaks. It's not like they haven't got previous doing this type of thing for someone they want rid of.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yes, I would say that Russian and Chinese reaction/responce or perhaps "preventive tactic" is far harder to predict than the west's. My impression is that they are far less concerned about protocol or reputation.

This is a good move; nevertheless. There is just too much information out there, or more aptly, hidden, that needs to come out worldwide. This can only be a good thing.

At some point, hopefully, the demand for this service will result in multiple sources for public dissemination. After all, isn't ignorance the source of most apathy and the reason the PTB have gotten away with so much? Exposing the dirty secrets of the power elite is definitely something that needs attention.

I hope this trend only increases. The scoundrels need to be found out -- and then dealt with; something that so far has been lacking (the dealing with them part).

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Government front trying to expose its enemies? Russia and China must have some real bad secrets. Don't be suprised if they're all poisoned.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Frontline Club 10/25/10 12:51PM
www.ustream.tv...

ASSANGE / ELLSBERG - FRONTLINE CLUB - TODAY

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You mean the WMDs that America gave to Iraq? Justifies nothing. However it is refreshing to see other nations exposed as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You mean the WMDs that America gave to Iraq? Justifies nothing. However it is refreshing to see other nations exposed as well.

It is something that I would believe...but have seen nothing other than speculation from the "Bush Lied" crowd.

But, if during the first Gulf War the surrender terms were that Saddam would destroy all weapons stockpiles, and he didn't, it does not matter where he got them from. It plays to his intent that the stockpiles were saved, and not destroyed. It also puts him in direct conflict with his surrender.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Posting secret files from Russia=instant death.

That is an insane thing to do, they regularly kill people who speak against them
en.wikipedia.org...

Personally I love russia......

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Announcing one's intentions in advance when exposing US secrets may generate public interest [and income]. Making that same announcement about Russian or Chinese secrets will generate interest from their secret police. Given their reputations, announcing this in advance of the publication will surely invite concentrated cyber attacks and, possibly, "accidents" to the principals. It seems that the Wikileaks folks aren't too streetwise but may be educated, soon.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Wow , i hope he doesn't come to the UK and drink tea!!!

Memories of Litvinenko.

"Ahh there you go Mr Assange, a little splash of Polonium-210..keeps the tea hot!"

Could be a huge mistake for him.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Posting secret files from Russia=instant death.

That is an insane thing to do, they regularly kill people who speak against them
en.wikipedia.org...

Ah yes. Well I'll not be posting the links when they come up thats for sure.

We all seem to be in agreement then?
This is strange, and surely dangerous is it not?

I am really starting to wonder about WikiLeaks.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
We have said something is up with wikileaks for a long time!

you don't go around letting out so called "secrets" of world governments

and get away with it if there is not something else involved then just wikileaks simply giving out secret information

don't turn your backs on wikileaks now or support them now becauseYOUR life might be in danger

You don't think the KGB can't come knocking on your door in russia?

you guys want nothing to do with the secret russian documents now do you?

why well it's obvious russia and china isn't as humane as the USA
edit on 26-10-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Anyone remember that Alexander Litvinenko who was killed a while back? He was poisoned with polonium 210 in a sushi restaurant if I remember correctly. There was no official story as to what hapened, but I'm sure some Russians were involved

Alexander Litvinenko assassination theories

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm all but certain that the Pentagon/ US govt will completely endorse this action 100%

Too many secrets

brill
edit on 26-10-2010 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
Anyone remember that Alexander Litvinenko who was killed a while back? He was poisoned with polonium 210 in a sushi restaurant if I remember correctly. There was no official story as to what hapened, but I'm sure some Russians were involved

Alexander Litvinenko assassination theories

Or perhaps the case of Anna Politkovskaya. It would be nice to get the real story at some point for both of these incidents.

brill

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well now if Mr.Assange mysteriously dies, I know not to blame it on the US.

I'm sure other countries, especially the ones named, wouldn't take leaked documents very lightly

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

... sounds to me like the US are setting him up.

What better way to remove an enemy, than have you enemy remove him for you.

I think the US have put this out there, I dont think assange has any intention of releasing information on China/Russia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join