It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs that American Government is failing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
As many American citizens know November, is an election month, well I have been watching all the madness for the past couple of weeks. Last night I think proved to me that our system is messed up. I live in Florida and we have a nasty Governor race going on. Now I have two candidates to choose from I have a Democrat, and a Republican.

Alex Sink. www.alexsink2010.com...

Suppose to be a successful business leader etc. etc. Suppose to be a blessing for the people..

Rick Scott. www.rickscottforflorida.com... Suppose to be a successful business leader a blessing for the people.

Ok we have met my candidates I get to vote for, for Governor. Here's where it gets good, both of them are saying they can make jobs and figure everything out to make my State I live in a better place. Sounds good right? Now check this out.

www.floridajobs.org...

Now watch this..

www.youtube.com...

This is the best I get to choose from.

Lets not forget these morons are suppose to be Former CEO's, or at least business leaders.

How are these idiots suppose to create jobs when they do not even know the minimum wage in our state?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yeah I was listening to that this morning.
And I was thinking. These guys are CEO's of corporations. Not the head of the HR department.
They don't need to know the minimum wage. Their job is the lead the company and develop strategies to make money. They are a bit removed from hiring the rank and file minions that work for them.

Them not knowing the minimum wage in the state is the least of their issues.
Rick Scott is especially troubling with his fraud scandal.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Well considering its a state law they should know. I am just using the facts as they stand, about these people, they both got the question wrong and in my opinion they are to busy trying to smear one another then prove to the people they can govern the state. Not to mention minimum wage is a reflection of class, how are you going to govern the people without being able to relate to the people? If you look close you can see the disconnection from the people and the candidates in the answer neither one of them could answer. I think instances like this reveal the truth of the matter, that the people we vote into office truly do not care about the people. Or for whatever reason the position they are elected for positions them to care for the people yet the demise is it has been corrupted with greed in the shape of $$.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks they only have two candidates to vote for
is usually woefully uninformed, and part of the problem.
Don't be that person. There are usually several
other candidates with real positions.

votesmart.org
votesmart.com

David Grouchy

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

That's right in Florida, these are currently the candidates that are on the ballot.

Peter L. Allen
Independence Party of Florida

Michael E. Arth
No Party Affiliation

Dan J. Imperato
No Party Affiliation

Farid A. Khavari
No Party Affiliation

C.C. Reed
No Party Affiliation

Rick Scott
Republican

Alex Sink
Democratic

votesmart.org...

Anyone who says there are only two parties on the ballot really isn't paying much attention. But that is the problem with American politics today, everyone thinks there's only the Democrats or Republicans to vote for. But in reality there are usually several people that you can vote for and a responsible voter will actually check out the other candidates too.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Yeah I was listening to that this morning.
And I was thinking. These guys are CEO's of corporations. Not the head of the HR department.
They don't need to know the minimum wage. Their job is the lead the company and develop strategies to make money. They are a bit removed from hiring the rank and file minions that work for them.

Them not knowing the minimum wage in the state is the least of their issues.
Rick Scott is especially troubling with his fraud scandal.

I DISAGREE, you need to know things like that because they are part of your COSTS, and the fact they never watched the news ???? that is mentioned from time to time .... especially when it goes up.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Don't fool yourself. It will either be sink, or Scott..

I don't see any of these other guys in debates, on tv..

I do not need to study American, Politics to solve this so called conundrum. I know quite a few people who just vote for their libertarians each time they vote and well them libertarians never win.. I suppose in theory I can vote for Mickey mouse, but how realistic is that. So be it.
edit on 26-10-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Your OP states this:

Now I have two candidates to choose from I have a Democrat, and a Republican.

And I showed you it wasn't true. You have more choices than that, if you want to continue the Republican/Democrat false sense of no choice, that's up to you, just know there are other candidates out there.

From what I have seen especially after the elections is that those who say that there are only two choices don't vote.

Is it my fault that few bother to really research candidates for themselves and let the idiot box tell them what to think?

If you want to believe there is no other choice besides the Republican/Democrat It is not my fault, that's just being an ignorant and uninformed voter.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Those who spout -"things will stay the same"-, are paid by those who want things to stay the same.

Or is it the opposite?.

Politicians always lie,they say what they think you want them to hear to get your ignorant asses to vote for them.

And then you'all sit around and argue about it.
edit on 26-10-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What's failing here are the people.

What's failing here are the people.

new topics

top topics

join