Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
..vote moderate vote For the preservation of America. Don't vote with emotion or bias, vote for progress and survival.

Do you think that's possible with the likes of Rush, Sean, Beck, Savage, Orilley, Fox and many others constantly pushing further and further to the right; playing on the baser, violent emotions that this video represents?

Fascism is on the march in America. They said "it can't happen here" like it did in Germany but if you can't feel the hate, then you must not be paying attention. It's painfully obvious even in the ATS community; as OKS said there are those that frequent the boards that would revel in stomping on leftist heads. They have expressed themselves with physical threats against me in u2u's.

edit on 26-10-2010 by whaaa because: sp

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The more I read about my own country, the less I want to live here.

Time to get a passport and start looking for a job in a another country.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

It's depressing isn't it?

It's hard for me to be in the Tea Party knowing the neo-cons are fighting to steer the ship. But I honestly feel that if I don't stick it out and try to beat(Not literally like the idiots in the video) Constitutionalism into the movement, by 2012 it'll just be another bump on the political road.

The more I study politics and government the more I realize how unsophisticated we all really are. So many of us spew BS on Rights, and we all have our opinions on what those rights should be-and we ignore the only rights that actually matter, our Natural Rights. I've always hated the 'take our country back' slogan, who are we 'taking it back' from? Ourselves? There is a lot of manipulation going on in the system at every level, we have a very bad political education as a result. We think the extent of discourse in this country is between the right and the left, that Liberals and Conservatives have the minds of 300 million people in their pockets-and we're to assume that there's no manipulation? No co-opting?

Does the left remember it's anti-war stance at all? How about warrantless wiretapping, the assassination of American citizens? Arrest and indefinite detention without judicial review? Do you all remember how scary that was? NOTHING has changed, everyone just wants to stick up for their side so much that they're willing to ignore the poison that is corroding us from within, and make no mistake ladies and gentlemen, there is a poison that's killing this country. We have real problems that need to be addressed.

The time for political football games is over. We are exposed to hundreds of trillions of dollars in fraud and debt in this country. We have 2 wars going on and a political class seeking to expand that, they're already operating in Yemen without public debate. We have legislation going through that is NOT in the best interests of the nation. We have more cronyism in the system now than at any point in this nations past, and we're getting robbed to boot. We are being victimized by literally everything our founders warned us against, and all we have to show for ourselves is this mess we've created. All because we couldn't be bothered to follow the rules of the road-The Constitution.

This situation is going to get ugly ladies and gentlemen, I didn't sign up for this. I'm betting this will not be the last instance of political violence in this country. I pledge to abstain from fighting for the left or the right. I'm going to watch the knuckleheads tear each other down. I'll fight for my Natural Rights, for my god given liberty, but not for political douche baggery. Who's with me?

edit on 26-10-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I agree.
My point is only that we recognize our common enemy. Maybe it is us. If we can't decide whether we want an all powerful government or one that just sticks with the constitution, maybe it has to be settled in the streets.
It certainly looks like our leaders are not exactly trying to bridge the divide.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

They've turned this fight away from The People V. Elite to people against each other.
We've been successfully co-opted, all of us. There are only two classes in this system, the Ruling class, and everyone who works for a living-This nation was never meant to have rulers. We are to govern and be responsible for ourselves. The day we started delegating our personal responsibility to greedy jackasses in Washington was the day that freedom died. It wasn't always like this folks, but there have always been power struggles in this country.

We're like two ant armies having our war too distracted to notice the little boy about to put down his foot on all of us, too distracted to save ourselves.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
thats kind of like saying every heavy metal fan abuses animals, just because one guy at an ozzy show throws a bat on stage.

but im sure youknowthat.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
reply to post by projectvxn

If we can't decide whether we want an all powerful government or one that just sticks with the constitution, maybe it has to be settled in the streets.

Are you proposing a violent revolution? Against whom? Federal workers? Bureaucrats, Politicians? Usless eaters on welfare? The current scapegoat that the Right is using as a political football...Hispanics? The Ruling class....who are they?

How exactly do you see it being "settled in the streets"?
edit on 26-10-2010 by whaaa because: sp

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A couple of things, he didn't step on her head, but anything for an eye grabbing headline eh? Sensationalism just like some here have chrged the right with. Secondly, if you think it was bad, imagine some bimbo wearing a wig trying that with Obama......would it be o.k. then? People anymore are just plain nutty sometimes, as this woman proves, yet for some reason the right is the only side taken to task for anything. This reaks of a set up, and as someone posted earlier, we won't know until after the elections.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I really want to believe in the sensibility of the American people. I would hope that people do not vote to gridlock DC. If they do...may God forgive us.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Revolution is the last thing this country needs right now, there is no focus, it will be a second Civil War, not a Revolution. Like projectvxn said, we're two armies of ants fighting each other while the real threat looms over our heads. The only enemy of the people are the elite and like any good power-hungry leader has done throughout history they have divided their opposition and are sitting back watching as we destroy ourselves.

Divide and conquer: America's one historical weakness. People who are free to foster their own opinions are easily given to hating one another with the slightest of pushes.

Things are going to get much worse before they get better.

if they get better.
edit on 10/26/2010 by eNumbra because: grammar

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Yea I didn't see her head getting stepped on either. I saw the old man put his foot on her shoulder it it slid down toward her neck, which he then moved it back to her shoulder immediatly.

The man shouldn't have put his foot on her to hold her down, but it seems to me he wasn't trying to hurt anyone, he was just trying to hold her down until the police arrived.

I think the over the top title to the video gets peoples engines revving before they watch the actual video. That way they already know what it is they are suppose to see and it short circuits the common sense area of the brain of those who are weak minded to begin with.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
A couple of things, he didn't step on her head, but anything for an eye grabbing headline eh? Sensationalism just

Watch it again. He actually stomped on her head.

www.youtube.com...

Apparently they have disabled the embedding function on this video. Not suprised..
edit on 26-10-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ah this is really a sad story, I've seen the video myself and it is never good when politics become violent like this. It should be noted that the man who stepped on the woman's head was stopped by other Rand Paul supporters, and not everyone on the political right should of course be thrown into a negative light by this but it did happen.

There are going to be bad apples on either side in politics, people whom cannot control their tempers, but when the media fuels anger and paranoia, it's bound to express itself more. I truly do not believe that all of the fear mongers even believe everything they push, but it does get serious ratings which means big money for them.

Hopefully things like Jon Stewart's Rally To Restore Sanity this weekend are the beginning of a new movement to start to bring some decorum and respect back to the American political discourse.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Was there a blond wig?
and what are they chanting?

I get feelings about people why does Rand seem mean to me?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Yeah, the tea party is all about being American...

Ya generalizing what 2-3 individuals do defines the entire 300k+ members spanning accross 340 cities accross the U.S.

Excellent Logic!

Why is it that people mistake politics for honor? Have you ever seen this, people will do crazy things for corporations by way of mistaking their politics for honor.

Thank, yes People, not the Tea partiers only

Folks wake up, this is exactly what your slave masters want... divide on conquer...

Based on that logic it completely voids your very first setence in this thread
Why don't you also condemn the woman wearing a wig wanting to give a fake award to Rand Paul?
If being against Divide and Conquer is what you truly believe in?
Then turning around and calling Tea Partiers, which are made up of Republicans, Dems and Indepandants.

Wow, glad you don't believe in the same thing you condemn.

As for the tea party, that is pretty much the scrum in the bottom of the ice tea container after all the good stuff has been poured out.

Wait, what happened to "this is just divide and conquer?"

So should I use a broad brush and paint the entire left-wing supporters with the same below brush?

In a separate incident, according to the Kentucky Post, "a Conway supporter stepped on the foot of a female Rand supporter, who recently had foot surgery. The woman was wearing a surgical boot, but after the injury, her incision was cut open. Police say she refused medical treatment and also filed an assault report."

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

So all left-wingers like to step on the feet of women wearing surgical boots and injure them?
That's what your logic would dictate.

I am not defending these individuals, they should be arrested for assault, but to use these two idiots as a broad brush is just complete stupidity!

Divide and Conquer right?
Conway was destroyed in yesterday's debate btw
Just thought I should mention that, he needs to go research some more blogs and anonymous posts.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by eNumbra

It's depressing isn't it?

It's hard for me to be in the Tea Party knowing the neo-cons are fighting to steer the ship. But I honestly feel that if I don't stick it out and try to beat(Not literally like the idiots in the video) Constitutionalism into the movement, by 2012 it'll just be another bump on the political road.

The more I see the true nature of the state, the more I think it might be worthwhile to simply let the democrats retain control.

They are willing to drive the ship into the iceberg at full steam ahead, while the republicans slow it down to a crawl.

Ultimately the state will self-destruct, as it has throughout history, for the simple reason that totalitarianism does not work and cannot maintain itself.

Once the democrats have destroyed the state, we can begin to pick up the pieces. The state will never be reduced in size or power without a total failure taking place. It is simply not possible given the amount of people currently on the government dole.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

A violent revolution is only necessary when all other options have been taken away from the people. A peaceful revolution is certainly preferable, and possible.
In the first revolution, there were many people in America that sided with the British, and the British had to hire Hessians and others to fight the Americans because it was brother against brother (and many Brits wouldn't do it or the British powers didn't want to risk sending soldiers that wouldn't fight).
The civil war pitted brother against brother for the benefit of the bankers.
The elites in the federal government are doing it again, serving their masters and themselves while laying the foundation for a civil war. The workers, whether government or private sector, are being laid off and losing their homes and the left blames the right and the right blames the left. Who is REALLY responsible?
The great fraud here, is that a guy that restrains a woman bent on disrupting a speech is somehow to be feared more than a government that is growing stronger by the day, threatening to engulf the world in war, at the expense of OUR freedom and OUR jobs and OUR future.
The "left" has demonstrated that they are not far from the "right", they have reversed nothing Bush did, and in fact have snatched more power away from the people.
THAT ideological fight may happen in the street, whether I "propose" it or not.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I watched it 5 times................never saw him stomp her head, but again, it makes for a great headline.
Again, if some nutbag wearing a tea party shirt and a wig rushed Obama trying to hand him something in a crowd, what would happen? She seems to be a plant from moveon.org, but hey, desperate times call for desperate measures I guess...................and now something for your reading pleasure.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

When you have people like Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin advocating violent revolution, you can say that the PTB want to encourage a violent revolution, when you have the people shouting for a violent revolution, for the expressed purpose of not bringing about freedom, but severely limiting that freedom it's a problem.

Look around this discussion board itself, you have members, and even moderators and super moderators trying to get people to go out and start shooting each other. All the while, they themselves hide behind a computer screen and instead of leading by example for their fascist cause, try and encourage you the average member to go out and start killing your fellow countrymen.

They have a myriad of reasons for this, from limiting people's 1st Amendment right to freedom of religion, to people who have actually killed because they are against abortion. There are people who want to kill people because they aren't from this country and because of that they feel they are all illegal, to people who want to kill because they feel that being homosexual is wrong.

And when you actually get to the meat and potatoes of these internet revolutionaries, you find that the reasons they really want to kill their fellow countrymen is not to bring about freedom, but to seriously compromise it. After all, they are talking about revoking people's right to life itself!

People, the ones that commit these acts of violence, or talk about acts of violence, aren't ones that are interested in what you have to say, or want to protect your right to say it, they want their way and to hell with you.

How many bad apples does it take before people realize that groups like the TPM aren't the choice for freedom?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I see the history of this thread much differently than you. I have not seen mods or otherwise inciting people to go out and shoot each other. I have read that people are sick of a government that is unresponsive and divisive by nature. I have read that there are some things worth fighting for. I have read that the left is not really much different than the right.
And I have read that some people are scared of Rand Paul supporters, and that Paul is guilty by association.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join