It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

So your point is, if it were a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SCENARIO, then pulling your attacker closer would make sense to you. I hate to be the one to do this but it is not a completely different scenario. One man is supposedly just choking another man, not swinging or throwing, CHOKING. The other man with FREE HANDS, is hugging him. None of what you said applies here. Thanks for playing.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

I know what he means, he was talking about the man with free hands pulling the choking attacker closer to his body,

The self defense move in this instance is to pivot your hip and bend your attacker across the pivot point, unbalancing him and causing him to fall.

There are several methods of doing this. Depending on the hold that the attacker has on you.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I know what he means too.
Unfortunately, none of that is seen in the tape we are talking about.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

That information coupled with his "plain dress" kinda leads me to suspect he was an undercover security guard or something along those lines. Who knows how many of those guys were walking around the crowd, just waiting for someone to look at the candidate just the little bit cross-eyed.

The wolves walking among the dogs, that's for sure!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The drama queen meter is now officially broken.

Begin large text:

Lauren Valle was not "stomped".

At :18 :

Someone's hand can be seen removing Lauren's wig. The "gentleman" with the green hat ("the squisher") has grabbed Lauren and actually seems to trip over himself as he is pulling/pushing/wrestling her to the ground.

The other "gentleman" in the black shirt ("the smoosher") also has one hand on her and seems to be "assisting".

While trying to restrain her, they are calling for the police (something not generally done while in the process of committing a "crime").

"The squisher" has Lauren on the ground and squishes her exactly two times, once with a hand on her boob (does not appear to be a deliberate act of sexual perversion) and shoulder, and then again with both hands on her shoulder.

An "older" gentlewoman with a relatively large rear-end enters the frame and can be heard saying "you are kidding me, what are you doing, garble (possibly said stop).

By the :22 second mark, "the squisher" can no longer be seen. It would appear that the ample bootied gentlewoman has single handedly thwarted "the squisher" in approximately 1.5 seconds.

With Lauren still on the ground, "the smoosher" literally puts his sneaker on Lauren's shoulder and then pushes down, resulting in a single smooshing, at which point someone immediately says "no no no no come on". By :26, "the smoosher" has already begun to move away.

The entire incident began and ended within 7 seconds. By no stretch of the imagination could this incident be accurately described as a "stomping" and clearly had nothing to do with her head.

Insert large text here:

Lauren Valle was not simply "exercising her Constitutionally guaranteed freedom of speech."

Lauren Valle is no stranger to controversy.

In May, Valle and six others were arrested on felony charges for defacing a drilling boat after the Gulf oil spill.

In August of 2008, a Lauren Valle was also one of five members of "Students for a Free Tibet" detained in Beijing, China for unfurling a Free Tibet sign in Olympic Park.

www.wkyt.com...

Apparently moveon.org was so impressed with her resume, that they hired her.

According to the spokesman for the Lexington Police Department, Lt. Edward Hart, Valle had been sent from Pennsylvania for the purposes of appearing outside the Paul event.

She worked for MoveOn.org -- was a contract employee…

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Valle was hired by the liberal group for three weeks to work on their Republicorp program in Kentucky.

www.nydailynews.com...

Media reports aside, lets see what Lauren has to say.

Initially, Lauren made the following statement:

She said she had no interaction with Paul's supporters before the rally…

www.nydailynews.com...

Lauren has since said:

I have been at a bunch of events before, the previous debate, and the Rand Paul campaign knows me and they have expressed their distaste for my work before.

www.nydailynews.com...

“No interaction with Paul supporters” to she's “been to a bunch of events and they know her”…

Thats quite a "flip flop", but I suppose she has to try and justify her disguise. Wait, her disguise?

Valle said she wasn't wearing the wig to disguise herself, but that she simply enjoys wearing fake hair as artistic expression.

www.nydailynews.com... =news/politics

Or Maybe she's a known instigator and was trying to keep from being recognized.

Lauren has made some other statements as well, but it would seem that someone neglected to tell her that a new video has surfaced.

When Rand Paul's car arrived a couple of them stepped in front of me so I stepped off the curb to get around them to get back out front. At that point they started grabbing for me and I ran all the way around the car with them in pursuit. The footage is after I've run all the way around the car and I'm in front of the car and that is when they took me down.

Valle said that the closest she got to Paul was "about five feet away" and that was only because she was running from the crowd.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

In fact, no one is paying any attention to her at all, which is exactly why she is able to stand towards the front of the crowd. She then rushes up to Rand Paul while trying to thrust her sign into the window... Its only after this aggressive behavior, that a man in a dark suit pushes her back.

However, at :54, she re-emerges from around the front of the SUV in what we appears to be another effort to rush Rand Paul.

According to her, the closest she got to Rand Paul "was about five feet away"...

Felony charges, disguises, a paid protester, consistent lies...

Lauren, it may be time for a career change.
edit on 30-10-2010 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Simply calling it "smooshed" instead of stomped changes nothing but the latest excuse for why you think she deserved what she got. He stomped on her. She was already CLEARLY restrained. You cannot even excuse wiping your foot on someone that is already restrained, let alone smashing down with your foot and causing injury.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The only thing he did wrong was that he missed her head and stepped on her shoulder. Plus he should have stomped ten times harder. With golf shoes.

Then he should have grabbed a couple more Move on Members and kicked them in the ribs. I wasn't going to but because of the smear campaign I now might make a donation to Rand Paul.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Ever been choked by someone?

I have to ask because when you are really, actually being choked, hugging your choker closer to you is rarely the response a normal person gives. I have to wonder how many of you would respond to being choked by pulling your attacker closer while they are choking you and both your arms are free to push or pull as you please.

What did the hospital report his injuries were?

So your point is, if it were a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SCENARIO, then pulling your attacker closer would make sense to you. I hate to be the one to do this but it is not a completely different scenario. One man is supposedly just choking another man, not swinging or throwing, CHOKING. The other man with FREE HANDS, is hugging him. None of what you said applies here. Thanks for playing.

No, I am saying, in that scenario, I would pull them closer. If someone seems mad enough to try to choke me, then I would assume they would be mad enough to hit too, fair assumption. I might also decide to just break away for the old guy's safety, after I assess the situation too, but I would definately not turn my back on him when getting away like that man did.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Doctor Smith

You should see the smear campaigns that his opponent endorsed on TV political ads too lol. Same old same old though, smear and attacks seem to get way more attention from the ignorant, than do good old fashioned state your own case ads do

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor Smith
The only thing he did wrong was that he missed her head and stepped on her shoulder. Plus he should have stomped ten times harder. With golf shoes.

Then he should have grabbed a couple more Move on Members and kicked them in the ribs. I wasn't going to but because of the smear campaign I now might make a donation to Rand Paul.

For those who think that WUK is full of hyperbole about his assertions that the Tea Party Movement is no different than a terrorist cell or a fascist hate group..... Read the above and ponder.

Utterly reprehensible.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Way to assume:
1) That person is a "TPM"
2) Every other "TPM" is exactly like that....

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I assumed nothing. In fact I actually suggested that people "ponder" and cited WUK's well known and documented ideas.

The only fact that I stated is that what that poster said was "utterly reprehensible"

I may have implied in an impartial manner, but I assumed nothing.

~Heff

ETA: If you identify yourself with the Tea Party wouldn't you be much better served by stating that you disagree with that posters opinion than addressing my statements about it? After all, that poster is the one making TTP look bad... Not me.

edit on 10/31/10 by Hefficide because: added to post

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Topic....That man wanted to hurt that woman!

....and yet the provocateur is in good health.

If that man wanted to hurt her, she would be severely damaged, possibly dead. A full grown male stomping on someone's head will cause cause massive trauma.

Perhaps this was not a violent stomp - this explains the good health of the provocateur.

edit on 31-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Some ppl, just will never stop arguing about pointless #.
Hence the world.
Make it better.

Shut Up.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

If that man wanted to hurt her, she would be severely damaged, possibly dead. A full grown male stomping on someone's head will cause cause massive trauma.

Perhaps this was not a violent stomp - this explains the good health of the provocateur. (emphasis mine)

So... you support acts of violence just as long as they do not cause severe damage or death? There is no such thing as a "non violent stomp".

All politics aside, the woman shouldn't have charged the car, but, also, the man should not have resorted to this amount of excessive force.

~Heff

edit on 10/31/10 by Hefficide because: ETA

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It seems like you are really just kind of trailing off there. Sorry but I see a video of two men who should not be touching each other at all but I can not believe for one moment that a choking is taking place with that cute embrace. We can all talk about ifs and buts, unfortunately that video is just as lame an attampt as the deal about the lady with the soft cast getting her foot stepped on in a crowd.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by whaaa

Topic....That man wanted to hurt that woman!

That doesn't change the fact that an assault was committed.
If I shoot at you, and the bullet only grazes you, it doesn't negate the intent.

You cannot stomp strangers, and feel it's excusable, because you didn't hurt them that bad.
Surely that fact would be very subjective, as there are various forms of trauma.

Emotional included.

Perhaps this was not a violent stomp - this explains the good health of the provocateur.

I'd say the stomping of anyone by a stranger is usually considered violent.
Whether the victim is in good health or not, in the eyes of the law, a person was assaulted.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
How goes the star fest?

Anything discussed beyond the same things over and over and over and over and over again?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

So now the justification is:
"I didn't stomp on her, I just squished her."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09deb079364f.gif[/atsimg]

- Lee

edit on 31-10-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

No, not really. one camp tries to smear the other camp, a few people are caught in the middle somewhere. Usual politics thread lol.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join