It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did You Spend Your Days As A Youth? Have Things Changed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Ok so I've gathered this from the recent posts.
Cheers for replying by the way.

We still do the same things/share the same interests as the generations before us eg. Alcohol, Cars, Girls/Boys, Sports, and Generally having a good time.

I've noticed that we are a lot more spoiled and lazy than the generations before us, we are crammed full of information from advertisements, media which can sort of brainwash young minds, and rely on technology rather than doing it manually.

It's kinda made me realize how hard my parents must've worked to get where they are now.

Cheers for all the replies, keep em coming.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well, for one, we used our imaginations more. Kid's shows, like Seasame Street, weren't designed for children diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. Now, kid's TV moves so fast if you don't have ADD before watching it, you soon will afterwards! And with the rise of technology, many kid's don't use one of the most important parts of their brain...their imaginations.

I can also remember not being inundated with commercials trying to make a young child dress like they were 18.

And at family gatherings, kids were seen and not heard.

I remember kids actually respecting their parents...or else.

And when I was a kid, I remember looking up in the sky, watching the jets fly overhead and seeing the contrails DISAPPEAR unlike today!

<< 1   >>

join