It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavily-armed police train for possible Mumbai-style terror attack on the streets of Britain Read m

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Heavily-armed police train for possible Mumbai-style terror attack on the streets of Britain Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk

Police are being given more powerful guns and extra training to prepare for a possible Mumbai-style terror attack in Britain.
Security chiefs are staging a series of counter-terrorism exercises with police sharpshooters training alongside units of the elite SAS under the plans.
The development follows the interception last month by British intelligence officials of a credible Al Qaeda-linked plot.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26/10/10 by On the level because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This smells really fishy to me, looks like another attack is being planned to justify the attack on Iran. What is the bet that the so called terrorists will be Iranian and everyone of them will have their passport and dental records on them.
I am getting sick of the crap that is happening under our noses and the apathy of the British people, be it to the civil liberties being taken away every day, the big bank swindel, the failings of the government. What is it going to take for the the nation to get onto the streets and show the elite that we will not take it anymore.

www.dailymail.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

I am getting sick of the crap that is happening under our noses and the apathy of the British people, be it to the civil liberties being......

Don't worry, it isn't just the British that are falling victim to this. As to your story in the link, well the most frightening aspect of it is the "training exercise" that happened on 7/7. If it wasn't for that, I would just shrug this off. But they really do seem to be rather relentless in this new terror threat over there.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Double Post
edit on 26-10-2010 by Karlhungis because: My mouse is a piece of trash that insists on double clicking everything. If it was up to me, I would take a hammer to it and throw it in the trash. Unfortunately, it is a work mouse and I am not allowed to just randomly walk around hammering anything that doesn't preform up to my standards. Now, I don't think that my standards are too high and let's be honest, a double clicking mouse is really something that should be wished on no one. Maybe one day, management will succumb to my wishes and understand the plight of the needless double clickers. But until that day comes to pass, I fear that I am stuck with this piece of garbage. I can look forward to many more of these needless edits. Many, many more.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
So they are openly saying what I for one have suspected they have been doing all along and leaving unsaid.

Tho the timing of the release of the info is interesting, kinda like they are either setting up expectation for an event, or unnecessary fear mongering to redirect our attentions from the cuts and the suspected 1 million+ job losses.

I honestly can not say any more... the waters are so muddied, and muddled, but I also suspect that confusion is also part of their plan
guess we will have to wait and see...
edit on 26/10/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Friendly Fire

The headline and article are a bit ambiguous.

Are they training to prevent such an attack, or carry it out?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Are they training to prevent such an attack, or carry it out?

Well, if 9/11 and 7/7 are anything to go by, exercises that are almost identical to the real attack will take place simultaneously with the real attack, presumably to confuse the regular police and also to provide a plausible "Plan B" cover story in the event that something goes wrong.
edit on 26-10-2010 by winston_jones because: typo

edit on 26-10-2010 by winston_jones because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I have had a gut feeling for a while that we where due another attack like this to stir up the population and take everyones minds off the recent wikileaks videos and files and the massive buget cuts that will affect all of our lives that where caused by greedy institutions that are still doing the same things that caused the problems in the first place. I really believe that this world is completley screwed and that a massive nuclear war is inevitable

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I can't help agree that something seems destined to happen... If we carry on travelling down the path of cuts, cuts and more cuts, millions will be out of work and ready to rebel against the current order of things*..

(*I still feel we are about 12-18 months short of that, knowing the cuts are coming but feeling them are 2 different things, and feeling them to the point that people get off their bums a third.)

The way I see it is if the Establishment allow us to continue on the path we are currently on, it'll be their necks on the line and their wealth at risk..

So I for one can not see them allowing a revolution to come to fruition, and this is why I feel a conflict of some kind will be created to divert our attention, any eternal enemy will do and although I can see some pretty good candidates being set up to be the fall guy, I'm still not 100% sure it'll work out that way..

But I do see some kind of major conflict happening in the next 6-12 months..

edit on 26/10/10 by thoughtsfull because: I Feel utterly ashamed to edit my post since I can not compete with the classiest edit above...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I see this training as interesting. Its interesting because it points to some fundamental issues with security in the UK.
In my opinion, if it comes to the time when we need shock troops in all but name, charging about with assault rifles, stun grenades and bullet proof undies on, just to secure our cities from the alleged threat, then that means that our intelligence services are either :

A) Utterly incompetent, lacking the skill required to silently and without undue fuss, terminate or otherwise nullify the threat without resorting to the unsubtle ways of police storm trooper action, which I cannot believe judging from the quality of the applicants to the intelligence services over the years.

Or B) Absolutely in on the gig, or at least well aware of where and when its going down, but largely ignoring it because it will drive a firmer wedge between the nationalist elements in Britain, and thier muslim neighbors, dividing the nation, making it easier still to control, and making any case for war against a sand dweller stronger by the wieght of idiocy and deciet thrust upon it.

The tax pounds we spend on the intelligence services in this country are not small in number, and I have no doubt that the significant provision by the taxpayer in this country is but one of a myriad of revenue streams that the intelligence services have at thier disposal. Given that funding, the very idea that anything larger than a microbe can go anywhere or do anything without ironclad tracking by MI5 is frankly laughable, and therefore I cannot see how anyone , no matter how clever, well connected or just damned dangerous, could possibly penetrate that net without help from the services themselves. We have one of the oldest and most well connected intelligence networks to ever have been devised here in Britain. There is no justification for ANY attack save for a full scale war, ever touching a single hair on a British head, ever destroying even a single brick of a British building, simply because we paid enough to avoid that scenario.
If ANY attack gets through, theres a reason more sinister, and more harrowing than mere intercontinental hatred behind it. Only time and a legacy of pain and torment will show what that reason might be, but its never as simple as one believes at the time.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Interesting, indeed. It won't be the first time there were "training exercises to prepare for the eventuality" of an attack. Be aware.

/TOA

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Double Post
edit on 26-10-2010 by Karlhungis because: My mouse is a piece of trash that insists on double clicking everything. If it was up to me, I would take a hammer to it and throw it in the trash. Unfortunately, it is a work mouse and I am not allowed to just randomly walk around hammering anything that doesn't preform up to my standards. Now, I don't think that my standards are too high and let's be honest, a double clicking mouse is really something that should be wished on no one. Maybe one day, management will succumb to my wishes and understand the plight of the needless double clickers. But until that day comes to pass, I fear that I am stuck with this piece of garbage. I can look forward to many more of these needless edits. Many, many more.

Most epic edit ever.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
These are the true serial killers of society.

If someone makes up stuff to these nut cases, then they will hound you for life, without you doing anything.

Real animals in human form, is just what they are.

Here we go again with uk loons, making up that people will attack if uk does not kill people in there homes in uk.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
In my neck of the woods the police have and use a nuclear bunker as a training centre* and I have to admit I have always been curious as to what types of training they carry out in that underground complex.

(*The Cold War Regional Government HQ for Southern England)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

The Intelligence services have a ridiculously difficult job, no matter how much money they get. They prevent attacks pretty frequently, the ones that slip through the net are either planned extremely well or not at all.

Lone-wolf terrorists are by far the most dangerous. I could go out into a shopping centre with a machete in 5 minutes time and start hacking people up, how do you expect them to counter that in advance? Anyone could do that at any time, when you consider men with real expertise and experience planning an attack, the authorities will have to rely on a quick response from police such as these because it isn’t too difficult to circumvent the intelligence services. They frequently pick people up when they go to informants or agents to buy weapons or large quantities of materials to make explosives, or when someone else reports suspicious men or perhaps a family member or friend rats them out.

These boards make the intelligence services out to be omnipotent organisations with infinite funding and capability, it makes for good conspiracy theories because then you can blame anything on them because they surely wouldn’t have made a mistake and so they must have allowed it to happen or planned it themselves. It simply isn’t true.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
As bad as this sounds..

I'd sleep better knowing that there are teams of heavily trained guys ready to take out the next Islamic nut case who decides to attack the UK.

Rather have them trained and ready y'know.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

So, it looks like something is about to go down or up depending on how you look at it.....

I also wonder about the recent problems on the tube trains in London.... last week there were 3 times where passengers had to be evacuated down the tunnel.... i was thinking was this some kind of test for the next tube bombings but the passengers werent being told as they didnt want undue stress and worry (even though thats what occured).

I dunno..... i think something is coming.... its been 5 years since those tube bombings.....

And lets not forget that the silly Labour party allowed these radicals to settle here and give them free housing and whatnot.... when we are at war with their country, this just seems a bit dumb.

Anyway as the poster above me said 'better to be prepared, clothed and ready than to be naked' or words to those effect.
edit on 26-10-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: just adding text

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Well as long as those guns are pointed at real terrorist's fine.

Is it just me that feels a possible martial law scenario for the UK?

Or a false flag?

Either way, something in me feels those weapons are pointed at me!...be a good boy, don't be demonstrating, might confuse you for a terrorist!

I am old enough to remember the 70s and 80s, we had the IRA and the Cold War, we seemed to get by just fine then, now our Government is verging on the hysterical! WTF???

Cosmic...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Interesting timing, as protests have just happened about the cuts and more are planned.

TPTB are trying to find excuses for instigating martial law, it seems to me. And also are keeping everyone distracted with news of disclosures which never really happen, and impending terrorist attacks.

UK people aren't so phased by terrorist warnings, having lived through years of terrorist bomb attacks from the IRA, they have learned to live with them to some extent. But it's looking to me as though The Monsters are wanting the excuse to impose total security crackdown....perhaps in preparetion for their next big move. Or maybe it's just to keep people giving their support to TPTB, who keep 'saving us' from these 'planned terrorist attacks'. This could be, for example, an excuse to quickly pre-empt and suppress any protests about what is going on.

Although there's little obvious rebellion by the UK 'man in the street', I have heard and seen that most people are totally fed up with what is going on - really fed up, and are more aware of the corruption than is obvious. The worm hasn't yet turned, but it will.

In the meantime, it seems to me that those of us who are more aware than most of what's really going on must act - keep writing letters to politicians, keep using our voice, keep explaining to others what we know of the truth behind the scenes, but most importantly, NOT take our eyes off the ball when/if TPTB do actually carry out a 'terrorist' attack.

It seems to me that the 9/11 situation is a big threat to the Cabal - as pressure continues to grow for the truth to come out. IF the truth does come out, Israel and the current US fascist government, and probably also the UK fascist system, will fall like a pack of cards. They will do everything to stop this. I, for one, will keep pushing for the truth to be exposed.

I also think it's time to start making a big noise about the censored, controlled media.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If there is a Mumbai type attack in London then the best thing the Police could do is move out of the way and let the SAS get on with it.
The Police can barely be trusted to use a small wooden stick with any degree of competency let alone a gun.

The SAS on the other hand....

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Oh, c'mon... Martial Law in the UK? How, exactly? We're cutting troops numbers, we're cutting police numbers, we're slashing the Government left and right and yet, somehow, some paranoid folks still believe in "false flags" or "martial law prepartions".

Also, the whole thing about there being a "training exercise identical to 7/7" on the day is ludicrous and a total myth. It was a seminar, held in a conference centre dealing with possible scenarios London could face not an exercise and it was one of many held every month in London, you know, the capital city of the UK and chief place to meet and do business. These "exercises" (seminars) are still held frequently and yet, we've only had the one attack from the Islamics.

It was just plain coincidence one happened to be held on the day, just like it was pure coindicdence I wasn't in London working that day myself but took the day off. But using the logic on display here you'd probably summise I was in on the attacks, as I decided not to go into the capital that day! Or perhaps, because my cat made himself scarce that day and wasn't back until the next day, maybe he was the mastermind behind it all?

That is the level of logic I see on this site these days. No critical thinking, repetition of myth without verification and total paranoia about non-sensical and disconnected events.

And, I bet if the Police weren't training and such an event happened which they bodged up (due to lack of training) the very same people crying "false flag!! Waaah!" would be up in arms about how the Police are either incompetant or allowed it to happen. Win-Win for the paranoid dellusionists and archair strategists based on nothing but playing devils advocate with baseless fantasy.

Oh, to the poster who said "I bet it's a flase flag for an attack on iran and they'll use Iranians". What about the embassy siege in the 80's? Dealt with, no fuss, no war and that's when we could have got away with it. These days, we're looking to GET OUT of the wars we're in, they are too expensive and yet, somehow, people STILL BELIEVE that the UK is going to get itself involved in any bollocks going down in Tehran.

EDIT: Cosmic4life, you say you remember the 70's, 80's and the IRA. Did you live in Belfast or Germany back then? Were you frequently the target of IRA bombs and shootings? Chances are, if you were a civvy, you would have not noticed anything and plus, the media was much less prevalent back then so such "training" wouldn't make the news, but it did happen.

I remember the 80's in ireland and Germany and we had to check our car EVERY time we used it, we had to report EVERY suspicious item, even if it was a thermos, so the bomb squad could blow it up. The amoutn of flase alarms I went through can't be counted, but it became a way of life.

Trust me when I say that back then wasn't all rosy
edit on 26/10/10 by stumason because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join