It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're even less secure than you think!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Hey all, I was just lurking the interwebs and I stumbled upon this goldmine:

[SNIP]

A firefox extension that makes hacking facebook, and other SSL encrypted sites easy as a double click. I tried it out a minute ago and it works like a charm. Just a heads up for anyone who uses sites like those in public areas

Mod Edit: Link removed. The security issue is real, but we cannot allow links to apps that make use of the security problem.

16b.) HaXor: You will not use the Websites for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems. You will also not link to sites that contains discussion of such material.

edit on 26-10-2010 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Just to add so that you don't go causing mass panic;

This won't work on your SECURE WIFI at home, or if you use a normal Home Router connected to your ADSL. In other words, most home users of the internet have nothing to fear of this, unless you just plugged everything in right out of the box and did nothing else.

It only works on a LAN - or a Local Area Network - where you and others using same Network (Not the same ISP) share one access point. The average home internet user who is not using Unsecure WIFI or is using a Wired ADSL setup connected to your phone line, will not be able to either use this tool, or have it used on you.

It would work extremely well at a WIFI hotspot. So in that you would want to be very wary of what you connect to if out in Public.

(You know how people around here are, you give them something and they make a mountain out of it.. you have to spell it out for them!!)
edit on 26/10/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/10/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Double-click on someone, and you're instantly logged in as them.

This is going to have limitless potential
)
edit on 26-10-2010 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
my friend is a computer science major, he says hacking people facebook, email, etc... is easy as long as you have the right softwares.

i wouldn't worry too much about apps and extensions, i would be more worried about people with the right knowledge. also just be careful of what you click and install.

top topics

join