It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is freedom to you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I would imagine they do pay taxes.
Look it up on Google and check for yourself. We might learn something new!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The west is relatively more free than the east. You have to be biased or haven't traveled much to not notice that there is a difference on the freedom scale. So even if you do pay taxes everywhere, on the whole the west is more free.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Freedom for me is the freedom to freely love and be loved, whereby it is of course always more blessed to give than to recieve.

Let me express it right now then.

I love you all, very much.

Rob

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I think freedom is the ability to keep your earnings without social coercion, being able to speak your mind without going to jail, and the ability to believe what you want and meet with like-minded people.

So they made you believe freedom is the Western way of life?

That is the sickest definition I have ever seen.

In reply to topic:
Not being attacked for an opinion in a thread about freedom would be a decent start.
edit on 10/26/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

OMG that's hilarious! Way to go!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Freedom is to make your own choices, and to have your mind and body as your own, and yours only.

Thank God, that only you and only you can understand your thoughts. My life for last 18 years of being tortured by uk gov and police has proven 100% they have no clue how to understand anothers thoughts, even though they take your thoughts day and night.

At least for last few years the scumbag press, have accepted things that are going on, but are at least 20 years too late. I was going through what people write about in the press for 20 years now, like gov taking every thought from your mind, taking your dreams(i stumbled across this at school, and the people i went to school with know it too, as they enjoyed people having this torture done to them). Now bbc and media report that science just found ways to do this, yep right. They have been troturing people for years.

Freedom will only be here when serial killer type humans are gone, but unfortunately that type of human scum is the majority, wanting to ruin anyones life that have nothing to do with them.

Sanity, people is what the mob does, which does not mean its sane, just means what the majority do. So if the majority want to torture you and kill you, than that is sane.
edit on 10/28/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Freedom for me is not having to work to have my basic human rights like food, water and shelter.

A free world for me would be one where I don't need to be constantly reminded that I'm free by the likes of Kid Rock in case I forget.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I believe that so much is hidden by complication, so lets keep this simple...

Freedom is the right to have your words respected whether they are "yes, or no".

It works for me.

Respects to you all.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join