It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin Has Passed Away

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Dear Mr. "The Shrike.."
Mr. Sitchen wouldn't like your attitude.

I can promise you that.

Then HURRAH for the shrike!

Way to go, shrike. I was wondering if anyone would let the grim reality intrude on this sob-story thread.

Sitchin was one of the greatest con men in the world, as evidenced by his marks lining up here crying because they can't give anymore of their money to him.

Harte

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by IAMTAT

Great post! I've signed the petition... This should be promoted on ATS with its own thread? I'd never heard of the petition (or the possibility that her bones may be of 'non-homo sapiens sapiens' origin....)

Odd, since it was posted about right here in this section a month or so ago.

As an aside, the "possibility" you mention above is about as likely as the same being true for your own bones.

Harte

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Oh my.
Farewell, Mr. Sitchin. May you explore eternity with the interest and fervor you did while here.

here's a video series of him, that i thought was really well done. There are parts i agree with wholeheartedly and other parts i think he was wrong about, but overall, very interesting! (and he covers pretty much his entire earth chronicles series):

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I knew it was only a matter of time before you'd come on here with your sad comments. If you got nothing nice to say Harte, don't say anything at all. This is a thread for those of us who do respect ZS, we all know where your position is with his work so there is no need to come in here and start flaming him with your BS on a condolences thread. Grow up you immature p.o.s.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I knew it was only a matter of time before you'd come on here with your sad comments. If you got nothing nice to say Harte, don't say anything at all. This is a thread for those of us who do respect ZS, we all know where your position is with his work so there is no need to come in here and start flaming him with your BS on a condolences thread. Grow up you immature p.o.s.
sorry dbl post

edit on 30-10-2010 by eArth33lr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by eArth33lr
reply to post by Harte

Probably right.

No use beating a dead whorse.

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I personally found a lot of his work fascinating although flawed in a lot of places.
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in a lot of his theories but I WOULD put a lot of faith in his methods that made people think, and isn't that the most important thing? making people think and question the generally accepted consensus, purely because it is said to be so?

Without radical theories, Einstein, Maxwell et al would have been forgotten...

ZS,.....Questioning and raising debate even in death...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
My God. I just saw this thread and couldn't believe my eyes when i saw the news. I am about to finish his 2nd book and now i see this. I am speechless. I have bought almost every book since i also am a believer or his theories. I love his work....

Thanks for everything Mr. Sitchin and may you rest in peace.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
How sad we lose such a dedicated man.

He has tirelessly devoted so much time to his beliefs.

He has my deep respect, and will miss him.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
On what would have been John Lennon's 70th Birthday, strange coincidence.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
My condolences to Mr. Sitchins friends & family.It is a great loss with his passing....I was never able to finish his 'Earth Chronicles' series although I eventually plan on finally finishing them (I got to book 3) None the less I thank and appreciate Zecharia Sitchin for all of his research,hard work,writings and theories."The 12th planet" was one of the first undertakings in my personal search into the e.t./ancient astronaut theory.

I look at it from the perspective that even if what he wrote and theorized was "incorrect" he still opened the door for free thinking,new ideas and theories of mans origin(for myself) and was a precursor for many to follow in his foot steps and a continuation of research to find the answers we have all been seeking and so earnestly deserve.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I agree with some of his ideas or not, but regardless, they were very interesting, and I respect the man for having devoted so much time to them!

RIP

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ok this is really weird. This is the 2nd time that I've read about someone passing away that I SWEAR I read about at the beginning of the year. I can't remember the other one but I remember reading about him, then checking wikipedia and seeing his death date, then months later reading that he passed away. Same thing here, I remember reading about Sitchin passing away back in like April, checked Wikipedia and it confirmed the date, then I just saw this thread, and Wikipedia has the date of Oct. WTF!!!!
Ok so I do know what's happening, it's the dimensions collapsing. Just like in Doctor Who! But my question is why do I keep noticing it through people's date of death, strange isn't it?

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I, too, was just starting to read his second book, "Stairway to Heavens" and when I had heard about this in Oct. I was a bit saddened. For the most part, he has answered some really unanswerable questions that I have been harboring for a number of years. his work is quite unique and deserves to be treated as it is written "Non-fiction", and should be respected, even by harte, "He rattled your cage pretty good, didn't he harte?" LOL
RIP Mr Sitchin, you will be remember and live in the analogies of who and what we possibly are here on planet earth

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
his work is quite unique and deserves to be treated as it is written "Non-fiction", and should be respected, even by harte,

Except for that one small detail - it is fiction.

Originally posted by Allred5923
"He rattled your cage pretty good, didn't he harte?" LOL

Not Sitchin. VonDaniken was the one that got me started. I'd never heard of Sitchin until around the time I joined this site.

No, what gets me going is the pure naive ignorance it takes to believe the guff this faker published.

The frustration is compounded by the large amount of undeserved admiration granted him by his rabid fan base.

Far worse than anything VonDaniken did (except for the fact that VD had me fooled at one time) is the way Sitchin has fouled the minds of so many otherwise reasonable people.

The whole fringe thing is an affront to me because it either disregards, or actively impugns, the work of thousands of people that have devoted their entire lives to solving ancient mysteries, and at a payscale of about half that of a NYC garbage worker.

Harte

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

The whole fringe thing is an affront to me because it either disregards, or actively impugns, the work of thousands of people that have devoted their entire lives to solving ancient mysteries, and at a payscale of about half that of a NYC garbage worker.

Harte

Perhaps they should have opted for a career as a NYC garbage worker, cause they sure ain't hacking it as solvers of ancient mysteries.

On a serious note:... I enjoyed Zecharia Stitchin's writings, and his willingness to question the religious orthodoxy spouting from the academic regurgitators of this world.

A sad loss

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar

Harte

Perhaps they should have opted for a career as a NYC garbage worker, cause they sure ain't hacking it as solvers of ancient mysteries.

This is only true for people too lazy to even read what's been discovered and would prefer to be spoon-fed the pablum of the fringe because it's easier to "get," it takes exactly no thought whatsoever.

Harte

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Dear Mr. "The Shrike.."
Mr. Sitchen wouldn't like your attitude.

I can promise you that.

Then HURRAH for the shrike!

Way to go, shrike. I was wondering if anyone would let the grim reality intrude on this sob-story thread.

Sitchin was one of the greatest con men in the world, as evidenced by his marks lining up here crying because they can't give anymore of their money to him.

Harte

I didn't make any unkind remarks about Mr Sitchin, who I met, I said that he was confused. But this person, MRuss, tried to talk for Mr Sitchin as if he resided in Mr Sitchin's head and could speak for him. Mr Sitchin believed in his works and so did part of the public. But you have scholars who are serious about their work and stay on course where Mr Sitchin was serious about his work but strayed into questionable territory. I read Mr Sitchin's first 2 books when they were published but I never sided with his views 'cause his cosmic "evidence" was challenged by more logical-sounding experts. He never hurt anyone 'cause his supporters went in knowing what to expect and they were the gullible. They hurt themselves.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Im new here and may be putting this in the wrong area but. I wish Zechariah was alive today because just two days ago Nasa, Scientists etc, Actually in a sideways manner let it out that Niburu is real. Of course they spun the story about this Planet they found within the Milky Way that came from another Galaxy into ours, but everthing about this Planet is Niburu. They are spinnig it and only giving it a Number. HIP 13304 b or somthing like that. They say its 2000 light years away and it would take like 16000 years before it was close enough to get to. That's the spin Nasa is putting on it. Everything about it is Niburu, It runs on an elipitcal orbit may have said that wrong I get ecliptical and eliptical wrong all the time. It came from another galaxy, its 1.25 the size of Jupiter, it orbits its star the same amount of days Niburu does, Gives off the same hue Niburu does. So now all we have to do is wait. If by April everyone can see it without a telescope there will be no more denying or naysaying that is isnt Niburu.

For me this is the 12th Planet many have been wating for. again too bad Zecariah couldn't have been alive too see it. The Sumerians were right and Niburu is right on course.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about this.

True or not, I found his books very entertaining.

Rest in Peace Mr Sitchin!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join