It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Moveon ad warns of bleak, dystopic corporate future if Republicans win in 2010(video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

MoveOn.org has released an edgy, technologically innovative get-out-the-vote ad depicting a bleak dystopia run by a group called "RepubliCorp," meant to underscore the high stakes in the 2010 elections.

The customizable video speaks directly to the viewer and features actress Olivia Wilde (TRON: Legacy, The Next Three Days and "House, M.D.") and actor Romany Malco (40 Year Old Virgin and "Weeds"), as rebel fighters living in the year 2057. They are fighting an evil merger of the Republican Party and big corporations that is ruling the world. The characters warn people that they are essentially creating this future if they don't turn out and vote.

"If Americans don't want their country turned into RepubliCorp, they need to vote," said Wilde. "Since the Supreme Court has decided to allow corporations to buy elections, we felt a life-like, reality-based video from the future is exactly what progressives need to realize how much is at stake November 2nd."

You must visit the link and watch the video

President Palin signs decleration of War against China, Superwar against Norway and most other countries. We all belong to corporations and Social Security is an email from John Boehner.

This was a hilarious ad.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

now i am glad that actress left "house"

that was over the top

stupid

insane

fear mongering

i cant wait til november 3rd then no more political ads.
edit on 25-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

LMAO
Edit:

What a bunch of tools.
edit on 25-10-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Really bad..... Really.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I say Bring On! the Corporate dystopia of deregulated markets unfettered capitalismo.

IF any sort of progressive, populist movement is to emerge from the post industry-era of the USA, it will have to come on the heels of crashing standards of living from a completely unregulated market. Only then will the memory be fresh in people's minds, as it was in the turn of the century and american 'liberalism' represented true improvement's for people's daily lives.

Today, we have a comfortable bubble of government protection from within which the psuedo-right wing can proclaim the blessings of the free market. Because everyone knows, once you are in that free market, 90% of the population finds themselves screwed and clamoring to bring some semblance of stability to their lives.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hahahahahaha...republiCorp...

hahahahahahaha

sorry OP..i don't know what else to say...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

dude our so called commander and chief is a walking political ad. he can't stop the bickering for one second. it's only going to get worse once his candidates get their clocks stomped in a week.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
www.huffingtonpost.com...

MoveOn.org has released an edgy, technologically innovative get-out-the-vote ad depicting a bleak dystopia run by a group called "RepubliCorp," meant to underscore the high stakes in the 2010 elections.

The customizable video speaks directly to the viewer and features actress Olivia Wilde (TRON: Legacy, The Next Three Days and "House, M.D.") and actor Romany Malco (40 Year Old Virgin and "Weeds"), as rebel fighters living in the year 2057. They are fighting an evil merger of the Republican Party and big corporations that is ruling the world. The characters warn people that they are essentially creating this future if they don't turn out and vote.

"If Americans don't want their country turned into RepubliCorp, they need to vote," said Wilde. "Since the Supreme Court has decided to allow corporations to buy elections, we felt a life-like, reality-based video from the future is exactly what progressives need to realize how much is at stake November 2nd."

aND the alternative is the Øbama World without a Constitution as a guideline...

his hate filled dystopia is the antithesis of the civil war reparations promise "40 acres & a Mule"
which is turning into - not a promise to each family--> but the resource available to the whole nation !

lets call Øbama, the equivelent of the maladay known as Montezumas' Revenge

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by neo96

dude our so called commander and chief is a walking political ad. he can't stop the bickering for one second. it's only going to get worse once his candidates get their clocks stomped in a week.

"Bickering"? Really? Are you really bickering about the President's alleged bickering, that must surely exist in a vaccuum, because lord knows there would certainly be no 'bickering' in DC if Obama the muslim terrorist wasnt there, bickering away at out inalienable rights.

When has a president not campaigned for his party?

by what standard do you base your criticism?

what constitutes 'bickering'?

edit on 25-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is really hilarious! Don't you guys realise that your are already living in a corporatocracy??? What will voting change except who is bending you over and the amount of glass they choose to use their lube at any given time. Sheesh, wake up and fight for your freedom people!
edit on 25-10-2010 by sceptical me because: I made a typing error and I'm scared of the spelling nazis

edit on 25-10-2010 by sceptical me because: see above

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
... and let's pretend the democrats have done nothing for corporations since 2008.
How much have they not done for one of the single largest corporate organizations- the healthcare industry?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
... and let's pretend the democrats have done nothing for corporations since 2008.
How much have they not done for one of the single largest corporate organizations- the healthcare industry?

See, and that is a perfect example of how ignorant the right is.

he didn't do jack for them
he regulated the -insurance- industry...
the insurance industry cant soak the clients anymore....

Yes...that is the anger against Obamacare...that insurance companys cant reject you based on being too costly, or having an accident, etc...giving you warning when they hike the rates, how much medical treatment to profit is allowed, etc.

So yes...yell loud against obamacare...defend the corporate insurance companies...demand they soak you and yous again.

Save the rich!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

That was a fantastic representation of the Democratic fear mongering tactics! Thanks Misoir!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

hahaha, Blackwater clone-bots...

I liked this ad. I actually got the humor unlike some. And a Republican/Palin future probably wouldn't be too far from such a dystopian idiocracy.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You're entitled to your opinion, right or wrong.
In my case the healthcare system was working perfectly fine for myself, my family and the millions of other people around that needed care; if one didn't make enough money, one could still get treated on medicare/medicaid programs and such or make payment arrangements. This reform is doing nothing to help me and has the potential to hurt me in the future.

edit to add: you didn't respond to the other part of my post about other corporations the dems have allegedly not done anything to help. your comments? I mean, we all know that the dems and the reps are the same, underneath all the hype.
edit on 10/25/2010 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This ad would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. First of all, something like that could conceivably happen if the
Republicans win the midterms, but what's REALLY so sad is that it could just as easily happen if the Democrats stay in office. What difference does it make? It's a shell game. It's all BS. The corporations own them both. They win. We lose. The purpose of elections NOW is to keep us divided. We're easier to manage that way.

And then of course there's Citizen's United vs. the Federal Election Commission. How can anyone's vote possibly count anymore....unless it's bought and paid for with a whole lot of money?

This will be the first election that I will not have voted since I became old enough 30 years ago. I always took
that right very seriously. Now it's in the toilet. My vote means nothing. And quite frankly, I'm not sure if it ever did.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Who is MoveOn.org

MoveOn has received financial support from numerous leftist organizations, including the Tides Foundation, the Shefa Fund, the Stern Family Fund, the Steven and Michelle Kirsch Foundation, the Compton Foundation, and George Soros's Open Society Institute. Following a September 17, 2003 meeting between Soros and Boyd in New York, Soros and his associates gave nearly $6.2 million to MoveOn over a period of six months. The contributions included $2.5 million from George Soros personally; $2.5 million from Peter B. Lewis of Progressive Insurance; $971,427 from Stephen Bing of Shangri-La Entertainment; $100,000 from Benson & Hedges tobacco heir Lewis Cullman; and $101,000 from Soros' 34-year-old son Jonathan Soros, an attorney and financier recently promoted to deputy manager of Soros Fund Management

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

From the bottom of the MoveOn.org

MoveOn.org Civic Action is a 501(c)(4) organization which primarily focuses on nonpartisan education and advocacy on important national issues. MoveOn.org Political Action is a federal political committee which primarily helps members elect candidates who reflect our values through a variety of activities aimed at influencing the outcome of the next election.

moveon.org...

Nonpartisan my foot they are pure leftist supporting the democrats

www.investors.com...

I am not even sure George Soros can even vote.
He is a convicted felon French authorities began an investigation in 1989, and in 2002 a French court ruled that it was insider trading, a felony conviction as defined under French securities laws, and fined him $2.3 million,
this would be called a felony and stop him from owning or buying a firearm in the US.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Who is MoveOn.org

MoveOn has received financial support from numerous leftist organizations, including the Tides Foundation, the Shefa Fund, the Stern Family Fund, the Steven and Michelle Kirsch Foundation, the Compton Foundation, and George Soros's Open Society Institute. Following a September 17, 2003 meeting between Soros and Boyd in New York, Soros and his associates gave nearly $6.2 million to MoveOn over a period of six months. The contributions included $2.5 million from George Soros personally; $2.5 million from Peter B. Lewis of Progressive Insurance; $971,427 from Stephen Bing of Shangri-La Entertainment; $100,000 from Benson & Hedges tobacco heir Lewis Cullman; and $101,000 from Soros' 34-year-old son Jonathan Soros, an attorney and financier recently promoted to deputy manager of Soros Fund Management

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

From the bottom of the MoveOn.org

MoveOn.org Civic Action is a 501(c)(4) organization which primarily focuses on nonpartisan education and advocacy on important national issues. MoveOn.org Political Action is a federal political committee which primarily helps members elect candidates who reflect our values through a variety of activities aimed at influencing the outcome of the next election.

moveon.org...

Nonpartisan my foot they are pure leftist supporting the democrats

www.investors.com...

I am not even sure George Soros can even vote.
He is a convicted felon French authorities began an investigation in 1989, and in 2002 a French court ruled that it was insider trading, a felony conviction as defined under French securities laws, and fined him $2.3 million,
this would be called a felony and stop him from owning or buying a firearm in the US.

Soros HARDLY has a controlling stake in MoveOn. His motivation was to prevent Bush Jr. from gaining the presidency even if he had to spend his entire fortune.... which I agree with him on. Also, the grassroots donations to MoveOn FAR EXCEED that of any of your listed donors. Let's keep this in perspective, Soros is bloody rich but that doesn't mean MoveOn is tainted by some vague conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Oh puh-leaze! That is one of the biggest insults to my intelligence I have seen since I stopped watching television. Democratic fear mongering at its finest. The GOP could very easily counter that ad with a clip from "1984" showing the Thoughtpolice in action and then showing some of the proposed legislation in Congress.

Since the Pre-crime division from "Minority Report" is now here and the body scanners from "Total Recall" are already at the airport, the United States is already on the path to a dystopian future as it has been for some time now.

Democrats or Republicans, it makes no difference who is in control, they still push the same agenda. The only answer is to keep voting them out when they put their special interests first and ignore the will of the people.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

ya know what? If my two choices are

1.) Corporate future
2.) Government future

I'll take #1 every damned time. At least in a corporate future, we all stand a CHANCE of some level of success. When businesses thrive, we all reap the benefits.

When government thrives, we all pay higher taxes, and businesses respond by laying everyone off.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join