It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA satellite films another object

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The satellite is being flashed by something, the sun as it spins ?
And could this object be another satellite getting dangerously close to this satellite?

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Interesting

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Tis Venus.

Or swampgas

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It's probably space junk. The classic UFO shape is just light bleeding into adjacent pixels. You can tell that is happening, because it bleeds over into the dark as well, making a line across the whole screen. There is nothing but a spot of light. There is no reference point to be able to tell size, distance, speed or anything other than it is bright.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Interesting stuff actually. If it's taken from the ISS the object seems to be keeping a relative position to a moving object. Now that could mean it's some kind of reflection. However, if it is merely a reflection why does the camera seem to zero in on it?

I doubt it can be another satellite as, if it is, and it's moving in the same orbit at the same speed, it should be visible all the time and surely would not be of interest at all, let alone worth zooming in on? Th one thought that does come to mind is that it might be Saturn. I say this as the shape is indeed reminiscent of the shape of Saturn through a low powered lens. If it is, i guess that would explain the camera zooming in, just out of a general interest. That said, the object seems to fade from view, rather than move through the filed of view as Saturn would do due to the movement of the ISS.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

GREAT FIND!!!! It is sure to bring out some half-witted debunker claiming that this is a solar flair or swamp gas out in space. Perhaps a space-junk lantern... mabey??? NOT!!!! S&F!!!
edit on 25-10-2010 by redzareptile because: Half-witted mis-spelling LOL

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hrm. Space junk or not, still rather suspicious that they panned and zoomed to something else entirely instead of returning to the original position.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Its the planet Saturn. October is the month when you start seeing Saturn & its rings from Earth, I could only imagine the sight from in space.

The ISS passing by Jupiter (view from Earth in 2006)

edit on 25/10/10 by ziggyproductions05 because: added picture

edit on 25/10/10 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
it looks alrite an it seems to move off hard to tell what it is but it has a shape of a scorcer ?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
October 25, 2010

Progress M-05M/37P undocked successfully from the DC1 (Docking Compartment) nadir port on time at 10:22am EDT.

www.spaceref.com...

Youtube poster says his video was made at 11:00.

Looks about right.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yep, you can see the supply drone's two solar panels.

Fooled again, alas.

Actually, it's important to keep eyes on exterior videos because stuff floating around could possibly be clues to spacecraft malfunctions requiring rapid remediation (or evacuation). It's why Mission Control has always wanted camera and eyeball views and reports of visual anomalies, from Glenn's first orbital flight. If somebody had been watching during Columbia's last flight and seen the broke-off section of the left wing leading edge heat shield, as it drifted away soon after the spaceship got into orbit, then space history might well have been different. So yes, please, keep alert for visual anomalies and post them where they'll be read quickly -- and ATS is the place!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Tis Venus.

Or swampgas

That was funny when I first saw this sort of remark in the early 2000's, now it's pretty lame, adds nothing except to the posters post count and really is pointless.

I've seen a mass of these sort of remarks lately and just as sad it's the only input that it's poster makes to the thread.

Yes, I'm grumpy but seeing the state of the UFO group as of late really should make anyone as grumpy as me.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

It definitely DOES look like Saturn to me.

It's shape is practically identical to the clip you posted.

Edit: I'd be AMAZED if I could see Saturn from here, let alone it's rings.
I think I'll stay up late tonight
edit on 26/10/10 by Truthhunter80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
As far as I can see the camera person apart from zooming out isn't needing to keep track of the object, it seems to be on their same course. Am I missing something here (apart from a brain), if its a stationary planet in the sky would the camera not need to be adjusted in place to track it as the shuttle flies?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthhunter80
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

It definitely DOES look like Saturn to me.

It's shape is practically identical to the clip you posted.

Edit: I'd be AMAZED if I could see Saturn from here, let alone it's rings.
I think I'll stay up late tonight
edit on 26/10/10 by Truthhunter80 because: (no reason given)

You can see saturn from just about anywhere,
and it's rings also, long as you've got a scope. lol

even from light polluted city you can get pretty good images of it in even a small scope.

it does look like saturn,
but a single point of light can easily look just like that.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It looks like Saturn, but isn't it a tad too big to be the Ring Planet?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It
looks
just
the
supply
drone
that
undocked
an
hour
earlier.

So what if it 'looks like' a lot of other stuff. Meaningless.

Is there any reason to supect, any reason at all, that it was NOT the supply drone?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I agree, it is the undocking. In the article Phage posted it even describes them specifically filming this event and the times are almost point on to when the undocking occured and when this was filmed.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzareptile
reply to post by VenomVile.6

GREAT FIND!!!! It is sure to bring out some half-witted debunker claiming that this is a solar flair or swamp gas out in space. Perhaps a space-junk lantern... mabey??? NOT!!!! S&F!!!
edit on 25-10-2010 by redzareptile because: Half-witted mis-spelling LOL

Its these kind of comments that are irritating and I've noticed a lot of these type of comments lately. You see how easy it is to misidentify something now? Just because we try to eliminate all possibilitys before we jump to the UFO conclusion doesnt mean we are half witted debunkers. Its called LOGIC. Forgive the members here at ATS for doing what we've always done. This isnt the place to post videos and not expect any scrutiny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join