It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pa Democrat admits to plans to buy votes. (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is unbelievable, he come right out and says that the party has plans to pay people to vote in the upcoming election.

PA Dem: "We Still Have The Street Money" For Votes

ANDREA MITCHELL, NBC: "What is the secret here to turn out? In the old days, the old machine days, what we called 'walking around money,' handing out money to get people to vote. Is it still the case? What do you do, what is the magic in Philadelphia?

REP. ROBERT BRADY (D-PA): "We still have the street money and we're very knowledgeable."

Rep. Brady is also the chairman of the Philadelphia Democratic party.

You can see the video at the web site. Sorry, I couldn't find an embeddable version.

Real Politics

And get a load of this; his campaign ad touts him as a big advocate of "Fair Elections"

I guess everything's fair as long as the Democrats win right?

edit on 10/25/10 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Tap, tap, tap....

Helooo, is this thing on?

Man, I'm tellin ya, I just can't get no respect around here anymore...

I get no respect. The way my luck is running, if I was a politician I would be honest.

Rodney Dangerfield

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
AH, our ace in the hole amongst us Republican camp; how nicely such has worked for us over the decades.

Perhaps it is truth that this method has been adopted by our adversary party?

Sickening it is to see our tactics being adopted by those lovers of the despicable commoners.

Sickening, they, and their despicable commoners.

edit on 26-10-2010 by DarkRedSoda because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I remember hearing a lecture by Rothbard on this practice of paying people to vote.

I believe he used an example of the California Governors race back during the gold rush.

One of the guys running had his people out in front of the polling stations handing out cash and goodies to entice people to come in and vote.

No one was forced to vote a particular way, but it was still a ridiculous example of trying to buy votes - literally.

Psychologists that study influence will tell you that if someone gives you a token gift, like a flower for instance, people feel a much larger obligation to return the favor than if they had not been given anything at all.

edit on 26-10-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

It sounds like the Dems are getting really desperate to hold onto their power in this election. It looks like they may even be rigging the voting machines to try to steal their way back into power.

Those people are despicable.

It looks like they're really trying to push the people of this country into open revolt through their corruption.

new topics

top topics

join