It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disneyland Ghost...errr you really want to see this....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
No, not ghosts.

Watch this video

Some folks really are gullible.

Some folk cant post youtube videos.

Some folks cant read page one before posting the same video

Some folks can't tell the explanations given by that video seem rather flimsy and don't stand up to scrutiny.

I guess, we'll see how page 4 goes

edit on 26/10/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Don't care if the vid is fake or not... I enjoyed watching it. If it is real, that's some great footage

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
hmmm, Human features are visable like arm swings and leg movement but it could be down to lughting me thinks but suspicious.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
hmmm, Human features are visable like arm swings and leg movement but it could be down to lughting me thinks but suspicious.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I don't have much ATS time at the moment, but a few comments.

I'm bugged by the following basics:
- complete lack of provenance - who took this, when, how, what camera, why?
- are disney that broke that they can only afford complete garbage for security cameras?
- why no timing marks? Maybe it's in a special mode, but normally you would expect on-screen data from a security system..
- is this really a disney location, disney cameras?
- why is the camera holding so pathetically wobbly - wasn't s/he inside a room? Couldn't sit down and hold it steady and face on?

and the following specifics in first video:
- strange anomaly at about 10 seconds - why so bright?
- object looks human, but moves at strangely unrealistic speeds at times and also seems to have the wrong perspective (size) as it comes closer/ goes away
- object seems even more blurry than rest of image, but hard to tell from the awful quality..
- vertical flares on object make no sense. (I'm assuming this is digital, not film (grin)..) Specifically, this is NOT sensor/monitor burn - it's an effect caused either by an *awful* sensor + *awful* electronics (pixel-bleed), or an intervening piece of glass/plexi that is terribly scratched/dirty. Or a combination thereof - some of it may be contributed by the taking camera, too. Clearly a certain level of brightness is required to trigger the effect's visibilty - yet the 'ghost' seems not bright enough - plenty of other things are brighter yet cast no flares. That suggests to me that it may be either CGI/post-processed, or we are seeing a reflected image of another monitor (behind the cameraman), showing what is actually a much brighter image on *that* monitor, but dimmed by reflection. That would also explain why the figure's path doesn't match the scene all that well, except for some of his travels.

FTR - no, you don't get 'ghost' images like *that* from file storage problems, slow shutter speeds, burnt-in monitors or sensors. If anyone needs to know why that is, please ask (but don't expect a fast reply, from me anyway)...

And count me in - I agree that the debunking video is not particularly useful, sorry.

So, my verdict? I simply don't have one, but it smells really bad. Puzzling, but not paranormal, imo. Much more likely a hoax, but I'd love to see some provenance... Has anyone managed to determine an original source, or is the rather obviously untalkative YT owner at that link, 'IT'?

Oh, and I don't see anything particularly interesting about video 2. Reflections and flares could easily explain that one (and there I do mostly agree with the debunking vid).

Video 3? Too many problems here. Looks like bad CGI, or a cheap hologram effect that is part of the ride - has anyone been on that ride? Why on earth would they have a single security camera pointed there, excluding much of the scene, and filimng (allegedly) a tester who looks like he's pretty much just watching? Why did he suddenly stop filming - same q. for video 1..?

Given these are all very different scenes, how did this person come to gather them together, and yet seemingly not be able to document them better?

Like I said, I smell rat...

BTW, I TRUST you guys have all noticed that the videos are posted under...
"FILM AND ANIMATION.." "PEOPLE AND BLOGS" and "ENTERTAINMENT" ????

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Amazing - Just what I wanted to see. Makes my cockles warm...

However it screams CGI. Oh well!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This is Disney folks! The land of magic and highly skilled animators. Plus its Halloween season and I'm sure they could use a little bump in ticket sales. A little hype like this can go a long way as mom, dad and the kids head to Disney with EMF detectors and infrared cameras.

I agree that it would be fun to imagine that this image could be old Walt checking things out but my gut tells me that it is something far less grand given the location and image quality.

You want a good scare? Head to the Winchester mansion!!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Disneyland = California
Disney Word = Florida

I have a friend who used to work as a custodial in Disney World here in Florida, and he told me several experience he had there.

His work was to clean the main streets of the park during the night to have it ready for next day, and he told me some experiences about seen shadows, hearing kids playing, and seen shadows in the undeground workers tunnels.

Disne World "Florida" is haunted in several places

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
if you look in the first part of it, it looks like there is a couple of a few of them very strange sure there is a plausible explanation. Maybe

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I didn't mean to offend or assume anything, It was a general statement.
To answer the question about the walkway over the water, the walkway itself would not emit a light as a person may if they where illuminated somehow.
The footage itself shows someone taking footage of security cameras.
My question was
Are they fixed cameras which record on a 24 hour loop onto a hard drive?
this would be one possible reason why the person was able to have his recording device ready to start shooting the security cameras.
much easier to record if you know it happens exactly at (insert time here) on a given day.
An old hard drive has more chance of holding onto an artifact and deteriorate picture quality over time
just putting the question out there for all to think about, maybe we might get a security camera expert to tell us if this may or maynot be the case.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'm very skeptical of any footage recorded by filming a monitor.

Cool none the less... esp the "Jesus Factor" walking on water part.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'm leaning more towards it being a viral video to attract people to Disneyland.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

While I like the debunking of videos like this, that guy's "debunking" failed. Nothing he says is legitimate. I don't know who he is, but he seems to have added that last "I don't know" to create a psychological factor that makes him more believable. However, the ways he tries to debunk these anomalies makes him seem like he was hired or something. Nothing he says seems to add up...

Video 1: Monitor burn was a problem with old monitors, but with new technology I don't think that's a problem anymore. Furthermore, if it WAS a problem, you can probably guarantee that Disney wouldn't keep burned out monitors for their surveillance equipment. Also, I've seen old computer monitors that were burned out, and they didn't look anything like that. Fail.

Video 2: How is that even possible? He uses the example that "even light is reflecting"... No %$#% Sherlock, that's what light does. It shines on things and reflects. Images of people DO reflect, but reflections don't walk over to a ride and sit down in it... where is the "host" of that reflection and how did it sit down in just a perfect enough spot to appear in the roller coaster ride?? And how did the ride operator's reflection move with the ride, when she was stationary?? And if the surface is so reflective, why is nobody else reflecting on the ground like they are standing on a mirror?? Fail.

Video 3: Okay, so I'm supposed to believe that an image of a man is being reflected all over the room by strobe lights in combination with a low FR camera? Sorry, but no. The "ghost" images don't even LOOK LIKE the man. The first image of the "ghost" is clearly someone completely different (mustache-less). The others are pretty obviously a different person/people as well. This was a no-brainer to debunk his debunk. Plus, I don't see how a strobe light can cast a perfect image of a person into other chairs. Strobing light can cast shadows, but not perfectly detailed images lol... FAIL.

Video 4: I can believe his explanation for video 4. Only one thing: I've never been to Disneyland. Is that castle really small?? Because the man standing on the castle is HUGE in comparison.

Video 5: Okay, so he claims that the rocks are perfectly arranged or something to look like a man standing there, but only from the right angle. When the camera moves back, he seems to think that it is at a different angle. Just, no. The camera operator has not moved from his position, so his angle is exactly the same! That doesn't make any sense at all! Fail!!

Video 6: He didn't debunk this one, because I think he was trying to make people think he's really trying. I don't think he is. I don't know what his motive is, but his explanations are completely illogical.

What do you guys think?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It's some Scientist trying out 'the invisible man' formula..... gotta be.

Looks good though.....

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I can't believe this even needs to be debunked.

Okay so the youtube account and the videos were put up late September last year, near Halloween..
Disneyland is known for its smoke and mirrors ghost illusions.
All the videos are filmed on a security monitor, and since they were obviously put on the internet by a Disneyland employee (they make it clear by their wording in the descriptions) WHY not put up the normal copy of the footage?

Then there is another youtube account with one single ghost video from Disneyland, using the name Samuel Harmsworth, which according to facebook isn't a real person (although Sam Harmsworth exists) and yes I know not everybody has a fakebook.
The account only has ONE video and it was uploaded at around the same time as the other Disney ones.

I know the above video is fake because the start of the video shows the sign, then the camera pans up and shows the sign of the attraction, and then shows the ghost which looks like the same ghosts in the illusions at Disneyland and in the disneyland ghost youtube account. Then the ghost dissapears as the door closes, which makes sense if you know the trick they use (wikipedia it, it involves mirrors).

How this thread got so many flags is beyond me. Use your brains people.
edit on 26/10/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
No time to read through thread, not sure if this has been asked,
But i'd love to know if years ago, that area where he walked off onto the water part -
Was it once walkable?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well, to me it looked like Solid Snake after you get the Red Bandanna in Metal Gear

Honestly though, that is pretty cool

Thank's zazz.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
since it is only five until days until halloween, maybe it is a viral advertisement for Disneyland's halloween events.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
since it is only five until days until halloween, maybe it is a viral advertisement for Disneyland's halloween events.

Actually the video is over a year old, but yes it was a viral ad for the halloween events as the video was released very close to October.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

cool, what do I win?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join