It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disneyland Ghost...errr you really want to see this....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:
SMR

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
OK. I'm sorry but the idea that this is 'burn-in' or 'ghosting' of someone in the past still being on tape ...

We have to use common sense here. Burn-in and ghosting is only going to happen with static images. Just like on your PC monitor with your desktop icons. This is why we have screen savers !
Unless this 'person' walked the same exact path every day for years on end to get the burn-in result, this is not a 'debunked' answer. What about other things that were going on in that same exact area, static or not, when this 'burn-in' occurred ? Why was it not captured ?

I'm not saying this is a ghost but the idea of 'burn-in' is ludicrous.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

That is what happens we you reuse a tape, go digital next time.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Maybe this is just some really clever marketing strategy. Hoping to draw in a large crowd for the upcomming weekend if the video goes viral. Either way, I would like to think that it is some kind of phenomena.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's probably some mad dead dude who couldn't afford a membership to Club 33.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I reckon one of the ghosts just got up and left the haunted mansion.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Actually, when I last went to Disney, I felt like I lost part of my soul.
Perhaps this guy found it?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
That's a very interesting light...
I especially like the first camera where you see leg movement...and arms swinging.
I wonder where the actual taping of the screens video originated from?
And if it's a video of a ghost how did the cameraman know at what exact time to zoom in to the 1st screen?
If you were looking for a ghost on a security camera, how would you know it would start in the left corner?
Also, be prepared to video it from start to finish without saying a word likewise? (i'd be freakin out)
How many times do people record security monitors without knowing something will happen?

Very cool video zazz...but...I'm not entirely convinced yet.

*S&F*

This may have already been cover, and I apologize if it has, but nearly all commercial security camera systems record the video. The reason for that is, if anything happens, they can go back and pull the recording of it for use as evidence. Most use digital recording on DVRs now, but some few still use video tapes. The recordings tend to cycle and record over earlier recordings, generally about every month, so any one site is only likely to have video for the last 30 days or so, the earlier video having been overwritten.

Many also tend to use proprietary formats, so that if you pull the video directly off and save it as a file, you have to have the proper software to decode it at home, which of course few private citizens are going to have.

The shakiness in the video bothered me, since it made it more difficult to watch, but I can see why it was recorded on a hand-held video camera, off of the video screens. To me, it looks like they played that section of the video back, and recorded it on a hand-held for posterity, because the digital original would have likely done them no good, unless they had the software to decode it and convert it to web-useful video at home, which is unlikely. Personally, had it been me, I'd have pulled off the digital files as well as recording it to hand held, on the chance that if it caught fire on the 'net, someone, somewhere, would take an interest in converting the original file.

That's my take on it. My qualifications to make that assessment are that I worked as a Custom Protection Officer for Wackenhut for a number of years, and had to deal with these security camera setups in literally dozens of places - everything from VCR backups to DVR backups. That 4way split screen of surveillance cameras was obviously, to me, one of those sorts of setups.

Another thing to note in the video is the "light spikes", pillars of light vertically above and below each light in the camera. Those are similar to lens flare, and are caused by the refraction of light on the outer surface of the camera lens. You'll notice that every street light in the scene has one.

The "ghost" has one, too, albeit a faint one. That means that this thing was emanating light of it's own, which glared off of the camera lenses. In short, that "ghost" was actually "glowing" when the light from it hit the lenses.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

I can understand the reasoning behind the "burned background image effect" as proposed by the gentleman in Chadwickus' video.

However.....

Whilst sounding possible in theory, I have not seen that type of effect previously.

Images that are "burned in" to monitors do not move.

That's how they got "burned in" to begin with. That image or image bit just sat there, and sat there, and sat there... for months to permanently affect the screen phosphors like that.

So no, "burned in" ghost images don't move.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

Come on lets think a little here.

IF they saw it, they probably reqound the footage and watched it several times. Then decided to record it with their cell phone video camera so they could show it. It would be a breach of protocol to even do that much, but one poster asked why they didn't do a direct feed copy? Ummmm. Probably because they are security guards and not A/V techs??? plus they're afraid of #ing # up or getting in trouble for messing with the equipment.

There's a lot of explanations, but I think this is some compelling footage if accepted at face value.

Jaden

Another point to ponder - in setups where there is a fairly large security staff, the recording equipment is usually locked away from access by the regular guards, and can only be accessed by supervisory personnel. I gather there is a certain class of "guard" who will go back and record over or erase the sections of video where they may have been recorded doing things they ought no to have been doing, and so the equipment is secured to prevent that sort of thing, as well as to prevent guards who may not know what they're doing with it from damaging or changing the settings inadvertently.

A lot of supervisors can be less than flexible to deal with, and may not have agreed that the video should be preserved as a file, and so the only alternative for staff was recording via hand-held, from the monitors. Even that act could get them in hot water from some of the higher ups.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

If it's already recorded he possibly just played it back, saw the order then recorded it on his phone. In this line of thinking timing would be irrelevant because he would already know which screen to focus his camera on.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
After all - it's Disneyland, guys! Seems like a pretty normal place for ghosts to hang around to me.

Nice video!

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Gotta say it, nothing stands out yet to debunk this. It could be faked, absolutely, but no ones shown how yet......Its Halloween in OZ today, so Happy Halloween!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The part of it to me that screams fake and that it is shown at the same time with the ghost and security videos is the white line/lens flare that appears with it. Also, where the ghost is walking around and through the gate...parking lot, etc. It just seems too big in proportion. Good video none the less.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Interesting, but how did the camera man now to start filming wen just the ghost came in.
Looks to me that the ghost has a long strip of light coming of it.

scary but not convinced

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by psydelic
Interesting, but how did the camera man now to start filming wen just the ghost came in.

Cos he had the use of a rewind button.

Seriously, do people think CCTV footage just rolls and isn't recorded?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I think you hit the nail on the head, and I'll take it a step further with a couple other things I noticed in the video:

1.At the beginning of the video there is some sort of self-illuminated movement within the carriage (the top left screen), which the camera almost begins to zoom in on, then pans away to the right instead. This makes me think the camera operator was expecting something coming up because he was in on it, then realized he's not supposed to be filming the carriage, and quickly panned away.

2. On the top right screen in the video, there is what looks to be a white cat creeping toward the gate near the garbage can. The "ghost" passes directly through this cat without any sort of reaction at all by the cat. I can't imagine a cat's senses not being affected by even supernatural movements--they're just too sensitive.

3. As nenothtu mentioned, there are those moving vertical lines on all the screens from the light sources. What was not mentioned, though, is that on the bottom left screen in the video, there is actually an even fainter duplicate image of the "ghost" within the same "light line" walking on the other side of the ship.

My conclusion is that this is some sort of a hoax. The only other possibility would be that there are at least two ghosts that are very adept at synchronized walking. Either way, the video was a lot of fun, and worthy of a few minutes of my time. I'm starring and flagging it for entertainment value.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I must be watching too many horror movies, but I imagine ghosts to walk around with a less....brisk pace.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm definitely no expert but I'm convinced that's a ghost without a doubt in my mind.
To answer some questions possibly, like those asking why was he recording the security footage? It's highly likely that the person watching the footage to begin with noticed it, and rewound the tape to record it on his cellphone, camera, whatever he was using... It's not like the cameras at Disney Land only show what's happening live and doesn't record it on anything.. That would be silly.

Anyways, I'll be checking out this thread regularly, very fascinating...
You can definitely see arms swinging and leg movement, arm movement may be difficult to see, I had to watch it over and over a few times, but the leg movement you will see without a doubt.

It can't be an overlay or whatever from other footage, it's on four different security cameras, how would that work?? Like I said, I'm no expert and don't know anything about security footage, or much about ghosts, all I know is they are something of my interest and this looks legit.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Well, that definitely is strange. Probably some poor, unfortunate soul...
Returning from the grave because Disney charged for that ticket, too.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Not sure about the first vid but the debunker is absolutely laughable... I mean (one of) his theory(s) on the tower ghost being the ride inspectors image bouncing off of the glass or w/e?

Um

The 'ghost' behind looks absolutely nothing like the inspector. No 'tache, no hat... In fact, it looks like Elvis!

No seriously, look at it... It looks like Elvis.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join