It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Harry Reid Aide Lied to Feds Over Sham Marriage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Close aide to the Senate majority leader repeatedly lied to federal agents and submitted false documents to Homeland Security to cover up her illegal seven-year marriage to Lebanese national, left, who was the subject of an Oklahoma terror investigation, FoxNews.com learns.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44c45e90d8f4.jpg[/atsimg]
Diana Tejada, Reid’s Hispanic Press Secretary, admitted to receiving payment for “some of her expenses” in exchange for fraudulently marrying Bassam Mahmoud Tarhini in 2003, strictly so he could obtain permanent U.S. residency, according to court documents.

Tarhini, now 37, was held in jail and at an immigration detention center in connection with his 2009 indictment on felony charges, documents show. He pleaded guilty to entering a fraudulent marriage to evade immigration laws — a Class D felony — in November 2009, and he was deported in March 2010.
Tejada, now 28, was never charged for her role in the crime.

As recently as five weeks ago, on Sept. 21, 2010, Tejada appeared as a guest on a Spanish-language radio program in her official capacity as a spokeswoman for Harry Reid.

Monday evening, Reid’s spokesman Jim Manley said Tejada was no longer employed by Reid’s office. When asked when Tejada left Reid’s services, the spokesman had no comment.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Could this be an October Surprise for Mr. Reid. Lets hope so. I smell smoke and when this thing is gone over, I bet you 10 t0 1 Reid's Hands are all over it-in that he made it go away when it did.

Of course we won't hear anything about any official invetigation until, say 2015 or so. I hope this helps seal his fate.

SOmething like this, when the polls so close-close to election day. Could mean toast.
edit on 10/25/2010 by anon72 because: added photo

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I will reserve my judgment until I see a non-Conservative news outlet report this. Tired of the partisan hacks and their propaganda.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If that's an October surprise against Harry Reid it's a pretty lame one.

Let's see, she was never charged for anything, which means, she didn't do anything.

“Our office was not previously aware of these allegations and, following an internal investigation, the staffer at issue is no longer with our office. The conduct alleged, which took place several years before the staffer worked for Senator Reid, was clearly wrong. But the bottom line remains that this story was a desperation measure by partisan Republicans, who have stooped to slinging mud about junior staffers to score points in the waning days of her campaign.”

None of this story has ANYTHING to do with Reid at all except that the woman in question who was not charged with a crime worked for Reid.

Pathetic mudslinging.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Tis the season....

I think it will be established he knows more than he is saying now.

Time will tell.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Fall Shortfall

Meh. This is pretty limp for an October Surprise. I find it hard to believe this is the worst anyone could dig up on Senator Reid.

More importantly, I think most voters are thoroughly disgusted with mudslinging and will tend to vote against it.

Then again, if they could get Gloria Allred to sue Mr. Reid for firing Ms. Tejada unjustly, now they're in business.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

well to the naysayers marriage fraud is a crime is it not?

she got paid for marrying mr tarihini and she received a form of compensation.

mr tarihini pleaded guilty to a fraudlent marriage to evade immigration laws which is a felony.

miss diana tejada entered into said arrangement knowing it was fraud and hence illegal.

harry reid cleaned up this mess you can bet your bottom dollar on this whether it was true or lies something was done because it was election year the accusations alone can and might cost him his job.

at any rate a senatorial aide worked for a united states senator and he husband is now serving time for suspected terrorism.

actually the story is priceless.
edit on 25-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I say lets just get a hold of this woman and get her side of the story.

10 to 1 she can't be found. And if she ever is-it will be long after Nov 2. Most likely in another country.

What I see as anyone failing to mention-what else was she willing to do for her islamic love? Being that close to the Senate Leader.

I think it needs to be investigated full by the FBI or the Nevada A.G.'s office-just to ensure nothing was compromised (to be on the safe side).

top topics

join