It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia + USA =World domination

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I think that you can look around corners through a head mounted lense thing, anyhow if thats all networked together and if they add communications to that thing there probably a way in. I've heard of hackers being able to do some amazing things so I wouldn't trust my life with one of those until its combat proven like an Ak. But you get the whole point about the dangers of grenades. I just needed an example of grenades gone bad. Putting grenades in the hands of electronics could be bad. If that EMP were to say overload the circuitry there might be a chance of the grenade exploding. I wonder if they have tested that sort of thing.

[edit on 7/2/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Yeah it dose have lense system to see around corners and look at the left side of the soldiers face that thing there is the mic and im sure the army has tested hacking and all sorts of other things here is a good pic.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Sorry but weres the picture. Might just be my computer.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
you cant see the pic? It has to be your computer cuz its right there try copying the link then go to it if you still cant see the pic.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Well, what im thinking here (you might think im crazy) but im thinking Terminator - Storyline... I wouldnt put computers and electronics incharge of our weapons systems... one day they WILL get too smart!

Computer Technology WILL improve... and us humans will think its GREAT we can be YET EVEN MORE lazy!!

My thinking... bad move, anyone wanna comment on that??

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think in some ways your right but should we go back to using sticks and rocks. There's always a chance something can go wrong but it's like that with everything.

On subject though, the US or USSR have no intentions of taking over the world or even attacking a friendly nation (UK, France, Germany, etc.). And I'm not saying it's a big deal or that they have to pay us back but the US did lend and lease millions of dollars worth of stuff to all of Europe and many parts of the Pacific but thats all in the past so it's no big deal.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I suppose your right, but in a way its only fair... since if it was for France or Britain... ect.. there would be an america

So lets just call it even now ok?

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I can see the photo now. Thanks Westpoint, nice pic. Anyhow with viruses, spyware, hackers and spam I don't completly trust computers no matter how same there supposed to be. I especially don't trust my life to one. This makes me think of that movie thats coming out I-Robot. BTW since you can see around corners doesn't that mean you can shoot around corners with out exposing your self. Well that one saftey feature still doesn't make me trust a computeriezed gun.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
yes you can shoot around corners your looking at that little screen but on that screen is a little red dot that's the sight so if you see something you move your hands till that dot is on what you want to shoot then pull the trigger while being concealed plus this is a small computer chip its not going to come alive attack you

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
When it comes to computers I prefer to play it safe by not trusting them with my identity, my life, or my money. I guess as long as its EMP shielded and not networked to much then it should be about as safe as a normal assult rifle w.grenade launcher. But I still want to see it battle proven first.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
yes you can shoot around corners your looking at that little screen but on that screen is a little red dot that's the sight so if you see something you move your hands till that dot is on what you want to shoot then pull the trigger while being concealed plus this is a small computer chip its not going to come alive attack you

What if whilst you think your safe around that corner some other big nasty dude got one aimed at you.If you start relying on tech to do the job you then become complacent and get your arse blown.
Just seen the pic looks well dodge to me how you supposed to hold that steady and fire accuratly at the same time.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Weirdo I strongly doubt that the US is going to be selling those for a long time from now.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think if you have upper body strength you can hold that steady for one shot or so but you don't have to shoot at least you know what's around the corner without sticking your head to look.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
iv seen that before but frankly what happens if half way through the fight you get a cracked screen? "uh oh" no more looking round corners for you.
ayway the old mirror on a bayonet works a charm. or just use fiber optics.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
ok well then there you go use fiber optics and the screen is not glass its like the ones on the plasm screen and flat screens its that plastic type of material.

E_T

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
hey CB this isn't the X-men its real life and I don't thinks is possible to hack into the gun I could be wrong but any computer hackers on ATS want to prove me wrong.

If gun's system is "closed" meaning it doesn't have any wireless network then it cannot be hacked from elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
fiberoptics are limited though,but its easily used and easily found and cheap 2.

E_T

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Talking about these "computerized" grenade launchers, just hope that they don't use Micro$oft's OS...
"Operator has performed an illegal operation and will be terminated.
Self-destruction of grenades activated."

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
lol, we can only hope... but I think we've agreed that NOBODY would want to use this weapon cause of the computer bit.

Damn... trust microsoft!

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What this weapon is not vulnerable to computer EMP because one EMP weapons don't exist two this weapon only has limited circuit and not some complex system it probably has one chip. Three it will allow soldiers to do much more than our current army weapons.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join