It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive stretches of weathered oil spotted in Gulf of Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Couldnt find this via search engine so far

Looks like more oil has been found on the surface and its headed for marshes in mississipi. A lot of birds heading that way for winter as well. Dont know what kind of effect this slick will have but Im going to go as far as to say that it wont be anything good.

Just three days after the U.S. Coast Guard admiral in charge of the BP oil spill cleanup declared little recoverable surface oil remained in the Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana fishers Friday found miles-long strings of weathered oil floating toward fragile marshes on the Mississippi River delta.

www.nola.com... 010/10/massive_stretches_of_weathered.html

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghandi
Couldnt find this via search engine so far

Looks like more oil has been found on the surface and its headed for marshes in mississipi. A lot of birds heading that way for winter as well. Dont know what kind of effect this slick will have but Im going to go as far as to say that it wont be anything good.

Just three days after the U.S. Coast Guard admiral in charge of the BP oil spill cleanup declared little recoverable surface oil remained in the Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana fishers Friday found miles-long strings of weathered oil floating toward fragile marshes on the Mississippi River delta.

www.nola.com... 010/10/massive_stretches_of_weathered.html

The Coast Guard claims it's algae in another article at the same web site however, in that article I read:

.......""I've never seen algae that looked orange, that was sticky, smelled like oil and that stuck to the boat and had to be cleaned off with solvent," said one captain, who like the others wished to remain anonymous for fear of losing their BP contracts. "I'll wait for the lab reports. In fact, we're also sending some samples off."".....

[source: is.gd... ]

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

Typical. It looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and smells like a duck, but Coast Guard says its something different, without providing anything really conclusive (other then some guy on a helicopter said it was algae). Sounds like another small cover up to me. Since when does floating algae need a solvent to clean off? Maybe its a mixture of algae and oil or oil particles

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I smell a cover-up underway! I was just about to post the exact same thing the previous poster did!

It will be interesting to see how this pans out for BP.

We were at the beach in St Petersburg FL over the weekend. No oil sighted there. Not even digging deep in the sand.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
just imagine how much oil we would see if it was not all dispersed to the bottom of the ocean.

top topics

join