It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Howard laughs off shoe attack on Q&A

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

John Howard laughs off shoe attack on Q&A

www.news.com.au

Mr Howard had two shoes hurled at him by an Iraq war protester during an appearance on ABC television's Q&A yesterday.

He had just finished answering questions about the Iraq war when the protester, a disgruntled member of the audience, struck.

"That is for Iraqi dead,'' the man appeared to shout at Mr Howard as he threw two shoes, which missed their target.

Read more: www.news.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ah, it does seem like throwing shoes at politicans is common practice these days. Not as common as I'd like, though.

I find it dissapointing that the audience tells him to leave and pretty much boo's him off. Howard, like Bush WAS behind the deaths of many Iraqi civilians.. but I guess people would rather not know the truth.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here's the video.

edit on 25/10/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Damn it, if you are planning to throw a shoe at someone, at least practice doing it. I wish it was a steeltoe that hit the mark, with bush too. But then they would probably be arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon if that happened.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It's hard to aim a shoe. Right now, throw your shoe at a chair or something on the other side of the room. You'll see.
Something to do with the unbalanced weight.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I laughed out loud sooo hard last night when I saw it - I wish they hit him in the nose and gave him a bloody one.

In Arab cultures, throwing your shoes at them is a supreme insult and a massive sign of contempt.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

No way!
I was watching that show last night but missed that bit damnit!

Thanks for posting Nventual.
I will save that clip onto my desktop and watch it over with great pleasure.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

Haha, glad to help.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit
reply to post by Nventual

No way!
I was watching that show last night but missed that bit damnit!

Me too- must have turned over at the wrong time...thought there's gotta be something else on besides lil Johnny and his bs.

off to watch too, thanks OP>

edit to add: hilarious! 'relax' -big chuckle. wasnt as funny as Bush getting the shoe though- who knew he could think that quick to dodge it.
edit on 25-10-2010 by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Of course he laughed it off, now he will be initiated into the secret “had shoes thrown at me during an interview” society.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
Of course he laughed it off, now he will be initiated into the secret “had shoes thrown at me during an interview” society.

Haha, I lol'd.
Did anyone notice both Bush and Howard's facial reactions afterwards were the same? Both had a smirk and laughed.. disgusting.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Originally posted by Soshh

Haha, I lol'd.
Did anyone notice both Bush and Howard's facial reactions afterwards were the same? Both had a smirk and laughed.. disgusting.

... cause they're supposed to do something else like say, " oh yeah sorry 'bout all those people that we're responsible for killing." ? Are you guys actually suprised by his reaction?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

No of course I'm not surprised by his reaction, I just thought I'd point it out.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

"The shoe-throwing gentleman makes a pertinent point"

To be fair it's not exactly normal behaviour, well not until recently anyway. I'm not sure how exactly I would react but I would probably find it pretty funny, especially if they missed! Twice!

It's all a laughing matter, until they start teaching shoe-throwing courses in those terrorist training camps. Then we're all doomed.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Honestly, if you're a powerful person in the world and you get a shoe tossed at you, what would you do?

Wanna know what my course of action would be? Laugh it off, say wait right there, grab the shoes and throw them right back.

All future leaders should be trained in offensive and defensive shoe tactics... and you thought the world couldn't get more interesting.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I have a feeling that Bush was trained extensively in counter shoe-assault manoeuvres. Did you see that dodge? He’s clearly a pro, the chap was lucky that Bush didn’t deflect the shoe back at him at extreme velocity with a “HIIIAAAH!!”.

Now that’s good propaganda.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Howard's only laughing because he got excited about having a shoe thrown at him, just like his BFFL George W.

"Oh Janette I'm so happy, I got a shoe thrown at me, Just like George, oh I should call him!"

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

"Oh Janette I'm so happy, I got a shoe thrown at me, Just like George, oh I should call him!"

OMG haha I don't think I've laughed so hard in weeks.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
All future leaders should be trained in offensive and defensive shoe tactics... and you thought the world couldn't get more interesting.

They'll have to add a course on dealing with women-shoe-throwing-activists.

There is some killer heels out there ...

edit on 25/10/2010 by Netties Hermit because: silly wrong word

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

LOL - I bet he did call him, the stupid wanker.

He's a man who cannot take responsibility - did you see the way he danced around David Hicks question! - Anyone lurking or members who are thinking about buying Howards book - DONT, Hick's book came out a week ago - get that instead.

Howard should be remembered for illegally invading Iraq, not apologising to the stolen generation, refugees sewing their lips together, work-choices, David Hicks, being a little too friendly with GW and being an all-in-all wanker of a person.

He wasn't the reason our economy was good - it just so happened that at around the same time he took office - the Chinese started buying billions of dollars worth of the crap we have underground.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

What did you think of the audience telling him to get off the stage? I was surprised because I thought the audience of Q&A usually has a lot of people who want peace and are against the war.
I was expecting everyone to start clapping..
edit on 25/10/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join