It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many countries have nuclear weapons now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
How many countries on Earth have nuclear weapons now?

I know that the 5 permanant members of the UN Security Council are the ones who are 'legally' allowed to have nuclear weapons:

United States
United Kingdom
France
Russia
China

And that there are 3 other countries which have nuclear weapons, even though they're not 'supposed' to:

India
Pakistan
Israel

And that at least 10 other countries are trying to obtain nuclear weapons -- until recently, Iraq and Afghanistan, and right now North Korea are examples...

What does all this portend for the Earth? How many more countries will get nuclear weapons before someone says "Stop!" and everyone finally listens?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
supposedly kicked the nuke habit and gave them up. Countries with question marks would be Taiwan, Japan and S. Korea. And with the impending N. Korean tests, the question mark has gotten bigger. Also, Algeria doesn't have one now but that doesn't mean they won't have one tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Assuming we (people of earth) dont blow our selfs to kindom come within the next twenty years just about every even half way stabel country will have Nuks. And farther more alest one will be used and farther more terorist will have alest one by that time.
So hold on to your hats for the big wind.Ps this is only my oppion.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think every country, that is non-aggressive and stable, should be allowed to pursue an active Nuclear weapons program. This may sound bad, but if every country developed nuclear weapons, the playing field would be evened out, due to M.A.D.
No-one will "stop" until they are forced to stop. How this will happen...I have no idea, maybe when the next major war kicks off, we'll be forced to

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by czakky
I think every country, that is non-aggressive and stable, should be allowed to pursue an active Nuclear weapons program...

Yeah, but the bad news is, only the argressive and unstable countries are the ones who want them right now... with the exception of the UN Security Council permanant members, of course...

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Canada has no Nukes.... I think....

*glows green and everyone looks at him*

....What?

top topics

join