It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to lead global asteroid protection plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

NASA to lead global asteroid protection plan

feeds.bignewsnetwork.com

NASA is set to play a leading role in protecting the world from the threat of a dangerous asteroid strike, it has emerged.

NASA will be mandated to notify other organizations, including the US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), if a dangerous asteroid is found, and to drive research and development on the capability needed to deflect the rock.

The letters added that NASA would make additional notifications through the US State Department and diplomatic channels to other countries that could be affected, and to the United Nations.

Those notifications would be updated by NASA
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nature.com
www.foxnews.com

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
We are now seeing an extraordinary push towards space based defense against asteroids. NASA has agreed to notify FEMA if a threat is found and to work with other countries/organizations to develop the capabilities needed to defend against said objects.

Being that the nature of the threat is probable and is quite real, I do tend to stray aside on my thoughts about the intentions of such a project and its relation to the weaponization of space. Not only would this give us an excuse to build these weapons but it would also enable quite an advantage over any 'enemies' we are told are a threat.

I put enemies in quotations because although the enemies the U.S. and NATO face include Al Qaeda, Terrorist's in general, other superpowers, etc.. I can't help but think back to Dr. Carol Rosin's (assistant and spokesperson for Wernher Von Braun ) testimony alluding to an alleged conversation with the late Wernher Von Braun.

The strategy that Wernher Von Braun taught me was that first the Russians are going to be considered to be the enemy. In fact, in 1974, they were the enemy, the identified enemy. We were told that they had "killer satellites". We were told that they were coming to get us and control us – that they were "Commies." Then terrorists would be identified, and that was soon to follow. We heard a lot about terrorism. Then we were going to identify third-world country "crazies." We now call them Nations of Concern. But he said that would be the third enemy against whom we would build space-based weapons. The next enemy was asteroids. Now, at this point he kind of chuckled the first time he said it. Asteroids- against asteroids we are going to build space-based weapons. And the funniest one of all was what he called aliens, extraterrestrials. That would be the final scare. And over and over and over during the four years that I knew him and was giving speeches for him, he would bring up that last card. "And remember Carol, the last card is the alien card. We are going to have to build space-based weapons against aliens and all of it is a lie." I think I was too naïve at that time to know the seriousness of the nature of the spin that was being put on the system. And now, the pieces are starting to fall into place. We are building a space-based weapons system on a premise that is a lie, a spin. Wernher Von Braun was trying to hint that to me back in the early 70’s and right up until the moment when he died in 1977.

Testimony of Dr. Carol Rosin

With all the hype and growing interest in extraterrestrial life throughout established institutions, mainstream media and organizations alike. I find it hard to ignore this warning. Although I'm not certain about this, this new article popped the idea back into my head. Just sharing a few thoughts.

feeds.bignewsnetwork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-10-2010 by born2BWild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

I'm going to have agree with you here on the skepticism of what their intentions are. I mean honestly if an asteroid is supposed to hit the earth even if it is going to cause mass extinction.. then we should let it happen. Honestly, I'd rather extinction by asteroid than extinction by stupidity. That looks much better on our part...but I guess it wouldn't matter either way...we'd be dead. Weapons in space to defend us from asteroids... I think we all see where this is going...Can they at least make this plot a little more interesting by not making the conclusion so obvious? They can at least do that for us.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The thing is, even with their misdirection of intentions, everyone who's got half a brain knows the possibilities of what any sort of weaponization of space can be used for and what it will be used for. You've got one of the worlds superpowers who's been locked in a race for the weaponization space for sometime, and you're going to tell me they won't use this situation to their advantage? Never waste a good crisis right?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. - Dwight David Eisenhower

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Exactly. I don't really understand what they are thinking. I'm wondering if they are intentionally trying to destroy any hope for the future. Are they actually thinking? Probably not. But if there is something we as civilians can do to stop this...I would like to know how. I'll jump on the bandwagon. It's terrifying really. My life is in these people's hands at this point because that is how powerful their weapons have become. They have not given me a reason to trust them up to this point.

new topics

top topics

join