It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific experiment. are we all dead right now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This thread here made me think.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have Been in a car wreck...
had a few heart attacks ect...
What if we are dead already?
And we just dont know it?

How many people here have had something happen to them..like a car wreck..ect...
cause i got to thinking..
My wife father mother brother sister's..every adult i know has had a close call with death.
So what if we are the dead people?
And ghost's AKA...are the people who are alive lol

Just saying.
If you had a near death or something you walked away from..you think...
Also do you think it's plausible.

The old saying hell is on earth..what if it is true lol
Happy Halloween btw folks

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The only time I can remember anything life-threatening happen to me was my first trip on a heavy dose of shrooms. I nearly jumped out the 4th story window of my dorm. Fortunately I was still sensible enough to realize it was only a bad trip and backed off lol. I once had a log dropped on my head when I was like 10..lol. We're not already dead, and if we were then there must be multiple deaths because people die every day in our world. I'm pretty sure if you were a ghost, it would be easy to tell haha.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What if we are actually born into death?
What if our "passing" is actually the beginning of our life?
Could make sense in some weird meta-philosophical way.
Our "life" could be the "training ground" for something bigger.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias

Yeah, like "Universe-ity" right? I've been there with the same thoughts. The same goes for the concept of being dead, or in a Hellish dimension for previous Karma needed to be worked off.

All of that is quite scintillating to the brain, but I maintain that regardless of what or who we actually are, this is the only reality we can perceive, so we are 'alive', for all intents and purposes.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias

Exactly how I feel.

I was also pronounced "clinically dead" for several minutes, years back...

and... honestly..
the world has not felt/been the same since. lol
It's like a giant carnival since then..
nothing really making any real sense....
you know it is all false bs....
all of it.

I strongly feel that the term "hell on earth" holds much bearing.

This truly is the 'playground' where we learn how to "walk".
This physical existence nothing more than a tiny fraction of what we will experience when the physical aspect no longer 'exists'.

Interesting thread OP..
thought provoking......
hmm...
thanks..

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
All of these are really meaningless questions. You are reversing the definitions of life and death - a pointless activity.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The egyptians believed that life was just the beginning and after our souls continue on into the universe; a time-less, ever-expanding space that grows out of experience curiosity of souls. Some are older than others. People with old souls have lucid dreams and tend to attract to each other like magnets, are more outgoing than most, and are bold. I believe reincarnation, which is the theme in every major religion, is very very real. There is no one "god", we all are god, because god is everywhere, and we all share a universal consciousness. People think they are so unique, but they simply aren't.

If you think about it.. we go into another dimension every single night when the '___' releases from our pineal gland and we escape to the dream "dimension". Smoke '___' in real life like Shamans in third-world tribal cultures and you'll get there and understand haha, I've never done it, but It is basically dreaming while you are awake. Some serious #, and not for the weak of mind.

Just my opinion.

edit on 25-10-2010 by Rahjian because: edit

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Might I also add that every single person "trips" into the world. '___' is released when you are born, and when you die (if you drown). Why don't they teach that in school?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
The only time I can remember anything life-threatening happen to me was my first trip on a heavy dose of shrooms. I nearly jumped out the 4th story window of my dorm. Fortunately I was still sensible enough to realize it was only a bad trip and backed off lol. I once had a log dropped on my head when I was like 10..lol. We're not already dead, and if we were then there must be multiple deaths because people die every day in our world. I'm pretty sure if you were a ghost, it would be easy to tell haha.

But you answered the question regardless.
You was tripping on shroom's and got hit in head by a log once.

I am just saying every living adult i know has had a experience where they was close to death.
The world can not be that small we all almost die.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think you win the blue ribbon mate!
For the stupidest thread ever.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by avraell
All of these are really meaningless questions. You are reversing the definitions of life and death - a pointless activity.

How is it pointless?
What if it is correct.
Have you experienced a car wreck severe drunk or high...migraine..chest pain.
ect ect...
i bet money every one has..cause it is very possible we are all dead.
And We live life in fear so much we blind the fact of it.

Like i said post if you had a close call or you think it was..
to see how many people have in fact almost died.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I've had plenty of "near misses" and I usually just pinch myself to determine if I'm still alive. Really!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have always kind of wondered at people who say that ghosts are people "who don't realize that they're dead" and how that would work. How can you not realize that you're dead? If all of this is a hallucination, we run into the problem I noted a while back -- I can accept the concept, but not the detail. In this room, there is a bookshelf, and I can accept that I might be imagining that, but if I pick up a book and start to read, how am I imagining the content of the book?

On the other hand, if I'm dead, but not imagining all of this, just going about my business, how does this account for the interaction that I have with others, and the lack of presence of anyone that I know is dead? My grandparents are dead, my parents (to the best of my knowledge) are not, but I saw my parents last month, and haven't seen my grandparents in a decade or more.

I just don't get that "don't realize that they're dead", because I don't see how you could NOT notice (bad smell aside, lol)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
If all of this is a hallucination, we run into the problem I noted a while back -- I can accept the concept, but not the detail. In this room, there is a bookshelf, and I can accept that I might be imagining that, but if I pick up a book and start to read, how am I imagining the content of the book?

Ever had a dream where you go to sleep in your dream, then dream while dreaming, then wake up in your dream again to continue with the original dream plot? After having that happen to me in a lucid dream, I think anything can happen.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by avraell

The only meaningless question is the question not asked.

Personally, I've survived so many accidents, etc. my sister keeps saying I have nine lives. Maybe I do, but a little bit of me has died every time. I've had a basilar skull fracture, hit a tree in a caddy doing roughly 65 mph, 4 motorcycle accidents, was saved from drowning, etc.

Maybe I really am dead...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

How is it pointless? What if it is correct. Have you experienced a car wreck severe drunk or high...migraine..chest pain. ect ect... i bet money every one has..cause it is very possible we are all dead. And We live life in fear so much we blind the fact of it. Like i said post if you had a close call or you think it was.. to see how many people have in fact almost died.

A near miss is just that, a near miss. I don't even know to reply to your thread. It's like me saying "Have you ever fallen asleeP? What if every time we fall asleep we die and teleport to another universe" - random # with no basis whatsoever.

The only meaningless question is the question not asked. Personally, I've survived so many accidents, etc. my sister keeps saying I have nine lives. Maybe I do, but a little bit of me has died every time. I've had a basilar skull fracture, hit a tree in a caddy doing roughly 65 mph, 4 motorcycle accidents, was saved from drowning, etc. Maybe I really am dead...

"A little of me died every time" - totally, that one time I tore my ACL, a little of me died. Also, whenever my skin cells renew themselves, a little of me dies. Nothing more, nothing less. "Maybe I really am dead" is the most inane thing you can say. Define "dead." Clearly you are "alive" by all conventional means. Clearly, you still inhabit the same world as you inhabited before you died. The only difference is that your body is weaker, and you are probably a bit dumber from all the concussions. Other than that, nothing has changed, so this whole concept is moot.

edit on 25-10-2010 by avraell because: saw another relevant post

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If this were true, then how would you explain the people around you not "dying" but continuing to be around you?
If I died at 5, then did my entire family die at the same time? Did my classmates and teacher? Did the people I didn't see for months at a time somehow die in that time frame? If you died at 23, did your coworkers somehow die too, even though you were in a car crash alone?
We cannot all be ghosts, because the people around us before NDEs are still around us after them, even if it is a singular impact thing, such as a disease or medical problem which is non-contagious.

I know how you feel, but I also know how it cannot be true.
I had an allergic reaction type thing to Laughing Gas at the dentist's office when I was 14/15, and starting from about 16/17 I started having disassociation that always feels like I felt right before I "woke back up" from the daze I was in. It was very frequent at some points in my life, a weekly basis, and I would freak out and have to force myself to remember who I am, how did I get here today, what was yesterday like, who is this person in front of me (best friends, fiance, family, anyone can be unrecognizable when I am like that)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
I am just saying every living adult i know has had a experience where they was close to death.
The world can not be that small we all almost die.

Sure it can. Plenty of things can kill us, we are weak.
And if we are all "dead" from NDEs, where do the children come from, who haven't had one?
How do you get pregnant and give birth while dead, if all the people in the world have "died"?
Why do we then "die" again? What would be the point of that?
The only way we could have all already died, is if reincarnation exists, which really, you won't know except for the brief period of time between when you die and get reborn

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rahjian

Originally posted by adjensen
If all of this is a hallucination, we run into the problem I noted a while back -- I can accept the concept, but not the detail. In this room, there is a bookshelf, and I can accept that I might be imagining that, but if I pick up a book and start to read, how am I imagining the content of the book?

Ever had a dream where you go to sleep in your dream, then dream while dreaming, then wake up in your dream again to continue with the original dream plot? After having that happen to me in a lucid dream, I think anything can happen.

Except for the fact that your unconscious mind cannot create words that remain consistent when you try to read them a second time. We cannot, in a dream-like state (which conscious death would be), fabricate literature. We can't even "read" books we have already read, or even what we wrote on a grocery list last night. It is completely impossible to do.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It COULD be like the series - "Life on Mars"...the US version.

Guy was a cop in 2008 (I think) and got hit by a car and woke up in 1973, complete with identity & job & everything.
He tried to make sense of it all & had vision/delusions of oddball things such as voices from the future, futuristic crafts (mars rover)....finally....when the season ended, the year was actually 2035 and he had been in suspended animation for however long it was and the entire experience was nothing more than a computer simulation. It had glitched from 2008 to 1973 when it ran into a meteor shower & sustained damage. He had tried many times to determine the reality of his reality but to no avail. Interestingly enough, he didn't have any memory of his being a "spaceman" until after he woke up from the sleep.

It was a rather vaguely interesting show, but the underlying concept of the whole thing especially at the end of the show made me think for a while.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join