It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theorists Marginalized. But this is different...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Check out this article on CNN about the right and its paranoia.

Those are a lot of crazy people. But there's some sanity to it. It's stuff like this that makes me believe that there IS a conspiracy to marginalize people who have legitimate grievances.

I actually agree with a lot of that stuff, but I don't want to be associated with most of the people on that list. Maybe people like Palin, O'Donnell, and Beck are manufactured to highjack legitimate causes?

A government would be wise to keep its people from subscribing to any attractive ideas.

This also seems to be what happened to the Tea Party, according to its founder.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
In general, there is a rather concentrated effort to marginalize people who criticize the present administration.

Here's a general tip - Palin, Beck, Hannity, etc - spend some time listening to them, instead of listening to people tell you about them. Make up your own mind.

I listen to Beck - there are times I find him annoying as can be, or am 90 or 180 out from him. There are also times I agree with him. There are times I think he's connecting dots in a kooky manner, and there are times I think he is spot on.

Same with Hannity. Same with Palin.

Hell, even the same with Obama - but I'm usually in such strong disagreement with him that it's pretty much a given that I will disagree with every word that comes out of his mouth when it comes to politics.

Though you cannot blame people for conspiracies. Conspiracies are everywhere in the media - books, movies, reality TV - all of it conditions us to expect wheels within wheels and dramatic plots of coercion. We're conditioned to expect it, especially, in the government, business, and religious communities. Dan Brown's best-selling books are all about conspiracies - people gobble it up.

So, anyone who gets some media time is going to get hit with a proportional amount of conspiracy banter. It's the way it is - people expect the drama and forget that those elected are not Gods and put their pants on one leg at a time like everyone else. Similarly - Beck, Palin, etc wake up every morning with bad breath and have to put their clothes on like we do. They are going to be just as zany and witty as anyone else around you.

We try to make it a government of, by, and for the people - but we elevate everyone in it to the status of a deity.... hello, Face, meet Palm.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
CNN won't print or broadcast anything that their pro-war, pro-Zionist, Project Mockingbird masters doesn't approve of. It's a mouthpiece of the criminals who run the corrupt banking industry, corrupt governments, and corrupt war machines of the Anglo-American elites. So consider the source.

The job of mainstream media nowadays is not to inform and educate, it's to inform and obfuscate. We've been programmed through the educational system and the media by revisionist history, repetition, slick editing and visuals, disinformation and misinformation, all to get us to act with our emotions rather than critical thinking.

There absolutely is an attempt by the MSM to marginalize certain groups. One side of the media will go after leftists, one will go after conservatives, both will, in unison, go after anyone that attempts to break through the illusion that they've woven.

Here is what you won't find good coverage about on mainstream media.

Anti-war outlooks and protests.
Anti G8/ G20 outlooks and protests.
Globalism vs. Nationalism, and the effects this has on the citizenry.
REAL (not the captured green movement) coverage about corporate pollution and the destruction of huge swaths of land and water.
Anything questioning Israeli policies regarding Palestine, or their capture of the US political system regarding our middle east policies.
How money works, who owns the Federal Reserve, fractional reserve banking, and how this affects us and our economy.

This list could go on and on, but you get the idea.

One rule will lead you to Truth.

"Follow the Money to see who benefits from X"..
edit on 25-10-2010 by erumisato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Must keep Americans divided along party lines at all costs, two parties, left and right, conservative and liberal, CNN and Fox News!

The notion of any cohesion, unity, and centrist ideologies, tends to scare the hell out of the real powers that be. Especially any potential successful third party movement.

It must be crushed quickly!

You must remain focused, stay within your designated partisan lines, you must let the pundits think for you, because the day you wake up in significant enough numbers and begin thinking for yourselves, is the day you all become an enemy of the state.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hrm. I wonder if there were a way to counter this propaganda. Some way to shout out that we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water, so to speak.

Most of history's brightest minds were crazy...why can't we just take only the good stuff that EVERYONE says, discard the GARBAGE that everyone INEVITABLY says and build our country on those?

If Beck says 1 smart thing, but says 100 retarded things, we shouldn't discard that 1 smart thing (in fact it should be marveled).
If Aristotle says 100 smart things but says 1 incredibly retarded thing, we should NOT focus on that one 1 incredibly retarded thing.

By ignoring one or the other, we're left with a world with only 100 smart things said. If we listened to both, we would walk away with 101 smart things.

*sigh*

The way it is now should not be the way it is.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
In the beginning the Tea Party was from the Populist movement behind Ron Paul and auditing the fed. Then a few people in the financial companies furthered this movement. Then people began waking up to the fraud and corruption that is not just a fringe in our government, but is systemic. Now the government and MANY different factions attempted to subvert, marginalize, co opt, etc etc etc. This includes the conspiracy factualists that have been growing also.

IMO though, many did not actually realize the beast they had awoken. The conservatives in this country were pretty much the folks that did not really pay much attention to the government. They went through there lives just doing their thing. Being that they just wanted to be left alone. They would pay their fair share as long as it did not affect them.

That is where all hell broke loose over the last decade. People began to wake up to the absolute corruption of the government in every aspect of it.

The sleepers have awoken.

top topics

join